Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That could have been backlog (so to speak) since she skipped an evening poop last night. The Dr said give it seven days, not one day.

As I started to fix her afternoon meal, she meowed at me and then joined me on the counter to supervise. Clearly she feels better.

Except the barf paws. She hates that. She licks 'em clean and then shakes them because they are still wet. If I could hold her paws back for her...
Clearly, what is needed here is a quick-dry paw-dryer.;)

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
https://thecatsite.com/media/cuckoo-for-coconut.423455/

This was edited for length. The original video was almost a minute. But this spirited physical debate was more like a couple minutes. She really wants coconut oil!

She even jumped onto the stove looking for splatter. Of course, she waited until I was seated on the toilet and in no position to chase her off. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

The increased pred seems to be agreeing with her. She’s been riding my belly in the mornings again. And she’s been singing her feed me songs and joining me on the counter for first breakfast in the mornings.

However...

Morning poop’s gone missing. 🐈🧐

I think last night’s blowout requires a build up of inventory. So 🤞 for the afternoon 💩.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an afternoon poop. It didn't look adequate. But she doesn't seem distressed either. One and done. 👍 We'll take it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like things are going pretty well now! :clapcat:
It's 50/50. It seems like she has a good poop, then a blowout. Then a 24 hour break and the cycle repeats? So let's see if she wakes me for a 4am blowout tomorrow morning. 🤦‍♂️

Well, not a blowout per se. Not like before. More like a sundae. 😹 🤦‍♂️ Which is certainly an improvement. But we're not there yet. No celebrations until she's gaining weight again.

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She was gaming the system tonight. I didn’t prepare the bites very well so she got two extra flakes by eating the flake off and spitting out the pill. Hopefully the pred is stronger than her reaction to those extra flakes. 🤦🏼‍♂️

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I passed out so hard between second dinner and midnight meal. She left an impressive and so polite poop in the front room box. It didn’t even announce itself by aroma. It just sat there patiently, for who knows how long, until I woke to change her plates and put out the feeders. “Well hello there!” 💩

I’m so glad it was a one and done. Because I must have been so zonked that she could have done some carpet bombing and I probably would have only woken to the sound of her barfing.

I have and will always wake to that sound. 😔 In the early days of her IBD, she used to wake up and barf on the bed. But waking up to her hacking and tossing her to the floor so the barf grenade can explode at ground level—doing that enough times, she’s learned that barfing has to be done on the floor now. 😿👍

But yeah. Way to go Krista! I’m assuming that poop means we’ll avoid a 5am sundae.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I passed out so hard between second dinner and midnight meal. She left an impressive and so polite poop in the front room box. It didn’t even announce itself by aroma. It just sat there patiently, for who knows how long, until I woke to change her plates and put out the feeders. “Well hello there!” 💩

I’m so glad it was a one and done. Because I must have been so zonked that she could have done some carpet bombing and I probably would have only woken to the sound of her barfing.

I have and will always wake to that sound. 😔 In the early days of her IBD, she used to wake up and barf on the bed. But waking up to her hacking and tossing her to the floor so the barf grenade can explode at ground level—doing that enough times, she’s learned that barfing has to be done on the floor now. 😿👍

But yeah. Way to go Krista! I’m assuming that poop means we’ll avoid a 5am sundae.
Me, too! Three things that wake me instantly: meowing, scratching in the bedroom box, and puking :sleep2::shocked:

Yeah, this schedule seems to be her new normal. Now how to get it fine-tuned!?!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an exciting morning. I wasn’t expecting a morning poop since she left a late night one. So I gave her a big second breakfast hoping she’d sleep it off in her tree for several hours like the last few days.

And then the poop came. So much poop. Three box visits worth. But it was all good solid poop. 💩💩💩👍 It all made it into boxes. Mostly. But that’s why there are pee pads beneath the box. To catch the jumpers. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

Unfortunately, that much poop on a big breakfast ended predictably. 🤮🤦🏼‍♂️😿

Since it was right after second breakfast, since it was second breakfast, there was no talking her out of a replacement meal or talking her into a reduced portion so the remaining food can cover her lunch and afternoon snack. 😾 We’re going to come up short in the afternoon and I’ll have to start her new can in the afternoon. But that throws off the whole food budget meaning we’ll be at least a meal short on the overnight too. We’re just going to have to open a burner can for the afternoon and a new one for the evening. Good thing I still have two cases. 😺👍

Barfing aside, that’s welcome progress to have all solids and no stinkies either. 😻 I think I’ll reduce the psyllium a little more tonight.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had an exciting morning. I wasn’t expecting a morning poop since she left a late night one. So I gave her a big second breakfast hoping she’d sleep it off in her tree for several hours like the last few days.

And then the poop came. So much poop. Three box visits worth. But it was all good solid poop. 💩💩💩👍 It all made it into boxes. Mostly. But that’s why there are pee pads beneath the box. To catch the jumpers. 🤦🏼‍♂️😹

Unfortunately, that much poop on a big breakfast ended predictably. 🤮🤦🏼‍♂️😿

Since it was right after second breakfast, since it was second breakfast, there was no talking her out of a replacement meal or talking her into a reduced portion so the remaining food can cover her lunch and afternoon snack. 😾 We’re going to come up short in the afternoon and I’ll have to start her new can in the afternoon. But that throws off the whole food budget meaning we’ll be at least a meal short on the overnight too. We’re just going to have to open a burner can for the afternoon and a new one for the evening. Good thing I still have two cases. 😺👍

Barfing aside, that’s welcome progress to have all solids and no stinkies either. 😻 I think I’ll reduce the psyllium a little more tonight.
All in all, not too bad, eh?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All in all, not too bad, eh?
Not too bad. But she does look ragged and unsettled this morning even after replacing the lost meal.

🤞 that a reduction in psyllium can bring this all under control again.

At least it wasn't the chemo meal she gave back. That was first breakfast and she had plenty of time to digest that. 👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she just had her evening one-and-done poop.

I sure hope so because she also just polished off second dinner plate already.

That and I feel another pass-out coming on. I’m sure I’ll be asleep before the top of the hour. Dead to the world until midnight meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.