Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call FEMA. She turned my apartment into a disaster area this morning!
🤦🏼‍♂️😿

F70C9D9F-7ED6-448E-A826-27AF04702EBF.jpeg
The two smaller pads were carpet bombing sites (despite or perhaps because of the good poop legs she left in the box) and the big pads are the barf sites. I put the pads absorbent side down after I’ve run the wet vacs so I’m not constantly walking in wet spots.

I moved her feeding spot to under the tree for the morning.

Despite blowing it out both ends, or maybe because of it, she seems in good spirits now. She’s been trillin’ like Dylan. I can’t make out what she’s saying but I like her sound! 😹

And of course, this all happened as I was cooking breakfast. So an hour later after all the cleanup and put-aways, I finally get to eat my breakfast. Cold. 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Call FEMA. She turned my apartment into a disaster area this morning!
🤦🏼‍♂️😿

View attachment 329805
The two smaller pads were carpet bombing sites (despite or perhaps because of the good poop legs she left in the box) and the big pads are the barf sites. I put the pads absorbent side down after I’ve run the wet vacs so I’m not constantly walking in wet spots.

I moved her feeding spot to under the tree for the morning.

Despite blowing it out both ends, or maybe because of it, she seems in good spirits now. She’s been trillin’ like Dylan. I can’t make out what she’s saying but I like her sound! 😹

And of course, this all happened as I was cooking breakfast. So an hour later after all the cleanup and put-aways, I finally get to eat my breakfast. Cold. 🤦‍♂️
*Yeah, well, she's worth it, right? Been there, done that.*

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's being such a hungry pest because she's down a meal from morning when she brought that one up. Every 30 minutes, she does a lap into the office. "Is it time to eat now?"

"It is *almost* time to eat now."

I say that a lot.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Yeah, well, she's worth it, right? Been there, done that.*
The carpet bombs were more like kisses and truffles rather than pudding or sauce. So we're seeing improvement But we're also still seeing these incidents. But I would like to get her to a place where I don't have to strictly poopervise her anymore. I was finishing cooking breakfast when all this happened because last time I checked on her she had disappeared under the bookcase after the poop legs. But just as I'm turning off the heat and getting ready to plate, I hear the barfs and come out to her squatting out a truffle. She even had a box in the front room that I brought out preemptively after the poop legs. So I just don't know what's going to happen if I have to return to the office and she's still doing this. I also just don't know how long she can keep going like this without gaining any weight back. I'm too scared to weigh her right now because there's nothing I can do about that number that I'm not already trying.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The carpet bombs were more like kisses and truffles rather than pudding or sauce. So we're seeing improvement But we're also still seeing these incidents. But I would like to get her to a place where I don't have to strictly poopervise her anymore. I was finishing cooking breakfast when all this happened because last time I checked on her she had disappeared under the bookcase after the poop legs. But just as I'm turning off the heat and getting ready to plate, I hear the barfs and come out to her squatting out a truffle. She even had a box in the front room that I brought out preemptively after the poop legs. So I just don't know what's going to happen if I have to return to the office and she's still doing this. I also just don't know how long she can keep going like this without gaining any weight back. I'm too scared to weigh her right now because there's nothing I can do about that number that I'm not already trying.
Day by day. And "almost" time to eat.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to cook breakfast. But my little poop maker hasn’t made one since yesterday morning. 😳 I’m hoping she’ll have an early release soon. And a second showing around lunch time. Rather than an all-at-once poopslosion. 💥🤦🏼‍♂️
25896AAD-28FF-42F1-B494-1E374274FA61.jpeg
Now would be the time to weigh her. 😹 All that poop may have added a pound.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I want to cook breakfast. But my little poop maker hasn’t made one since yesterday morning. 😳 I’m hoping she’ll have an early release soon. And a second showing around lunch time. Rather than an all-at-once poopslosion. 💥🤦🏼‍♂️
View attachment 329915
Now would be the time to weigh her. 😹 All that poop may have added a pound.
She sure is a cutie! Is that a Yeowww! catnip banana I see? Those are pretty irresistible, my three tell me.
Hoping for a nice successful delivery. :lolup::yess::cheerleader::hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Shortly after I posted that, she had her early release. It was a good one and done. And then I watched her like a hawk on two cameras (and sometimes peeking out from the kitchen so she would see me) until she climbed into her tree.

She just came down after a good long nap and waddled into the office. I know that's arthritis. But it could also be a poop walk. While she did release a good amount already, I know there's more left in her. Hopefully it will be a smooth lunch-time delivery.

She hasn't been interested in any of her toys (including the yeoww mouse) since we started chemo. She did run to the window just this morning to stalk a squirrel running across our deck. And usually, I can get her interested in the laser pointer for about 2 seconds. Enough to flatten and maybe take a whack if it comes close. But it usually doesn't go beyond that. Still, it's got to be more exciting than it isn't. If that's all she'll give me, I'll still take it.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lunch poop never came and the dinner poop was a three parter. Logs, a little pudding, and a chocolate chip. Fortunately, all three parts made it into a box. The same box. I left the morning box in the front room. And cleaned it as fast as she was dirtying it. I think we’re going to try this for now if it means I can discourage carpet bombs. But...we did not escape the poop pukes. 😿

Fortunately, it happened before dinner so she wasn’t giving back all that much. Her first dinner plate is clean already. I don’t think it set her back that much. But who likes that? I’d like to see those poop pukes disappear already.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The lunch poop never came and the dinner poop was a three parter. Logs, a little pudding, and a chocolate chip. Fortunately, all three parts made it into a box. The same box. I left the morning box in the front room. And cleaned it as fast as she was dirtying it. I think we’re going to try this for now if it means I can discourage carpet bombs. But...we did not escape the poop pukes. 😿

Fortunately, it happened before dinner so she wasn’t giving back all that much. Her first dinner plate is clean already. I don’t think it set her back that much. But who likes that? I’d like to see those poop pukes disappear already.
GOOD on Krista for hitting the box! and for "giving back" BEFORE dinner. *We need that to stay IN the cat.* ;) But yes, wouldn't we all like to see that? Cats are well known for puking, but a puke-free day is a good day. Always.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Food these days seems to be more for her comfort since 10 oz a day doesn't have any effect on weight gain. However, if those poop issues resolve (and the barfing only seems to be related to the poop issues these days), then maybe she'll finally get the upper hand on the lymphoma. Once that's no longer stealing calories and nutrients, she should be clear to pack the weight back on. So I worry less about her giving food back because of a deficit per se. But more because it upsets her (and me) and it's a downstream symptom of an ongoing problem--the upstream symptom being her poop issues. Fix the poop and the barf will go away.

As expected, the box in the front room is getting used for any occasion. Like her middle of the night pee. Heck, if I had a closer bathroom in the middle of the night, I'd use that too. But, she did put a one-and-done poop in her preferred box in the usual area. I think she actually peed in the front room box. Then went to the hallway box to poop. I had the front room box cleaned for before she came back in anticipation of bonus material that never came.

Since her poop, she's been sleeping away in her tree all morning. She's got a pristine food plate from second breakfast and she hasn't even come to me about lunch yet. I'm okay with this. I figure the less food she has in her during the day, the less poop she has to make for the evening edition, the better our chances at a one-and-done. So I'm going to let her tell me when she wants lunch today.

(Which knowing her will probably be about five minutes after I post this.)

Last edited:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her food is perhaps more difficult to acquire than toilet paper. (There’s a Walgreens around the corner that has Charmin!) Cherrybrook (New Jersey) called me this afternoon and said they are still having trouble filling the order I placed with them on the 6th. They asked “wait or cancel?” She’s going through 2 cans a day so I may as well wait. In the meantime, I bookmarked all the online retailers in a bookmarks folder so I could open them all at once into tabs. I did the rounds yesterday and found my favorite of them, Incredible Pets (Sacramento, CA), got it back in stock. I ordered a case yesterday and it shipped today. I have a tracking number! And Krista gets 12 more days of food. I have another case from Maryland that I got last week (or the week before?) that we haven’t broken into yet as we’re still going through the SF case. But yeah, she goes through food quickly so I just order a case every week or two when I can find it whether I’m low or not. The one benefit of this switch of manufacturing facilities is that whether it’s CA, NJ, or MD, they are all the same batch now. 👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Her food is perhaps more difficult to acquire than toilet paper. (There’s a Walgreens around the corner that has Charmin!) Cherrybrook (New Jersey) called me this afternoon and said they are still having trouble filling the order I placed with them on the 6th. They asked “wait or cancel?” She’s going through 2 cans a day so I may as well wait. In the meantime, I bookmarked all the online retailers in a bookmarks folder so I could open them all at once into tabs. I did the rounds yesterday and found my favorite of them, Incredible Pets (Sacramento, CA), got it back in stock. I ordered a case yesterday and it shipped today. I have a tracking number! And Krista gets 12 more days of food. I have another case from Maryland that I got last week (or the week before?) that we haven’t broken into yet as we’re still going through the SF case. But yeah, she goes through food quickly so I just order a case every week or two when I can find it whether I’m low or not. The one benefit of this switch of manufacturing facilities is that whether it’s CA, NJ, or MD, they are all the same batch now. 👍
That's great! So reassuring to have several sources and inventory on hand. I could subsist on fumes, but NEVER, EVER let me even think about running out of cat supplies!
Krista looks wonderful. Wouldn't it be amazing for her to get to be football-shaped like Tarifa? :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob::yess::yess:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a rough go tonight. A three part poop. And a barf. Well. Two barfs. Her barfs always come in pairs. If I’m lucky, they’re near each other. And then there was tonight. 🤦🏼‍♂️ She actually tried to put all three parts in a box. I’ll give her that. It was my dang fault for not putting a pee pad beneath the front room box. Her final bit spilled over the edge of the box and onto the carpet. 😿 So the barfs, one was near the box. The other, I thought for sure she was going to put in my shoes. She’s never barfed there before. Most of it was actually on the hard floor at the front door. The apartment version of the “mud room”. But some of it did spill over onto the carpet just before the shoe rack. My shoes narrowly escaped.

Speaking of escape. I picked through both vomit piles and did not see either pred half. I think it was well on its way to absorption if not already absorbed. Not going to double dose her.

I made myself a salad with canned tuna. She was all over the counter from the moment that tuna was opened. “Not for you. But I guess you’re feeling better already.”

This was my view over my dinner bowl. 😻
B181BF80-469A-409F-8C63-D2FBD318DE42.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She had a rough go tonight. A three part poop. And a barf. Well. Two barfs. Her barfs always come in pairs. If I’m lucky, they’re near each other. And then there was tonight. 🤦🏼‍♂️ She actually tried to put all three parts in a box. I’ll give her that. It was my dang fault for not putting a pee pad beneath the front room box. Her final bit spilled over the edge of the box and onto the carpet. 😿 So the barfs, one was near the box. The other, I thought for sure she was going to put in my shoes. She’s never barfed there before. Most of it was actually on the hard floor at the front door. The apartment version of the “mud room”. But some of it did spill over onto the carpet just before the shoe rack. My shoes narrowly escaped.

Speaking of escape. I picked through both vomit piles and did not see either pred half. I think it was well on its way to absorption if not already absorbed. Not going to double dose her.

I made myself a salad with canned tuna. She was all over the counter from the moment that tuna was opened. “Not for you. But I guess you’re feeling better already.”

This was my view over my dinner bowl. 😻
View attachment 330136
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!* :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: All the credit to her for trying, yes?

I give my cats the tuna water or oil, in three separate bowls, of course. I don't eat this very often and it's a big treat for them. *How could you resist that FACE?*

Status
Not open for further replies.