Krista's Care

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!* :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob: All the credit to her for trying, yes?

I give my cats the tuna water or oil, in three separate bowls, of course. I don't eat this very often and it's a big treat for them. *How could you resist that FACE?*
Easy. I'm pretty sure it's the two (2!!) tuna flakes she takes her pred with that are causing all of this. Or at least they aren't helping. I suspect she has a tuna allergy. But mackerel flakes are no better. And since I started wrapping her pill in them, she stopped eating around the pill and spitting it out. They are the only way I've found that she will willingly pill herself. I'm going to stop using the rabbit and pumpkin pate to coat the pill and just keep it to her regular rabbit pate even if it doesn't coat the pill as easily.

I honestly wish I could mark her food in some way to know whether her pudding poops are from nighttime or daytime meals. And maybe even which meal. Like the feeder portions perhaps? I know I could include crayon shavings. But that just adds another variable like how she might react to wax in her food. Or a non-toxic radioactive isotope in her overnight food but not her daytime food. Then I just read her poop for radioactivity. You think Chewy would have something like that? 😹

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing I enjoy is a dollop of coconut oil in my tea. Apparently Krista really likes the smell of coconut oil. I'm sure she'd like the taste too but I'm not letting her have any. That doesn't stop her from trying though. That's probably what keeps bringing her to the stove. She's hoping she can lick some splatter off stove top as I cook with it too.

Today was a dosing day. No sign of her morning poop. On the other hand, no poop barf either. But it bothers me when she goes off schedule. Because either the extra time means good formed poops or she has a backlog of inventory that she has no choice but to expel prematurely. Rolling the dice today... 🤞

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One thing I enjoy is a dollop of coconut oil in my tea. Apparently Krista really likes the smell of coconut oil. I'm sure she'd like the taste too but I'm not letting her have any. That doesn't stop her from trying though. That's probably what keeps bringing her to the stove. She's hoping she can lick some splatter off stove top as I cook with it too.

Today was a dosing day. No sign of her morning poop. On the other hand, no poop barf either. But it bothers me when she goes off schedule. Because either the extra time means good formed poops or she has a backlog of inventory that she has no choice but to expel prematurely. Rolling the dice today... 🤞
You're the only other person I've ever encountered that likes some body to their drinks! In some parts of Asia, yak butter is put in tea. I like some margarine in hot chocolate. It's the body plus the tiny bit of salt, I think, that I like.

Well, they have Pretty Litter, which turns color depending on what health issue a cat might have. You could put natural food coloring in the foods, but it probably wouldn't show in, uh, the other direction.:think:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You're the only other person I've ever encountered that likes some body to their drinks! In some parts of Asia, yak butter is put in tea. I like some margarine in hot chocolate. It's the body plus the tiny bit of salt, I think, that I like.

Well, they have Pretty Litter, which turns color depending on what health issue a cat might have. You could put natural food coloring in the foods, but it probably wouldn't show in, uh, the other direction.:think:
I'm trying out the keto diet. I'm thinking this is a good time to take off the "cat weight" that I put on with all the stress eating and tap room habit I developed trying to balance two demanding jobs--the one with the paycheck and the one making all the messes at home. I have nothing but time and space to go through coffee and beer withdrawals, the "keto flu" (which hasn't happened yet), take up some running and body-weight exercise, and eat better. I haven't eaten out (pickup or delivery) in nearly a month. To be honest, I kinda don't trust anyone's food prep but my own right now. The coconut oil in the tea helps me balance my macros. It's a fat bomb when I seem to have nothing but lean protein to reach for. I just finished a protein shake with 2 tbsp of almond butter and 2 tbsp of coconut oil added to it. I joked with a friend who's also doing keto, "so I just stick a straw in the coconut oil jar? Is that how this works?" I've only been doing the keto for a few days but it seems more promising than the 4 Hour Body (Tim Ferriss) I was doing before it.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm trying out the keto diet. I'm thinking this is a good time to take off the "cat weight" that I put on with all the stress eating and tap room habit I developed trying to balance two demanding jobs--the one with the paycheck and the one making all the messes at home. I have nothing but time and space to go through coffee and beer withdrawals, the "keto flu" (which hasn't happened yet), take up some running and body-weight exercise, and eat better. I haven't eaten out (pickup or delivery) in nearly a month. To be honest, I kinda don't trust anyone's food prep but my own right now. The coconut oil in the tea helps me balance my macros. It's a fat bomb when I seem to have nothing but lean protein to reach for. I just finished a protein shake with 2 tbsp of almond butter and 2 tbsp of coconut oil added to it. I joked with a friend who's also doing keto, "so I just stick a straw in the coconut oil jar? Is that how this works?" I've only been doing the keto for a few days but it seems more promising than the 4 Hour Body (Tim Ferriss) I was doing before it.
All the best to you in your challenge! I've never done a "diet", just eat sensibly a mostly vegan diet with little splashes of stuff I love like potato salad, macaroni salad, occasional tuna and even more occasional chicken. I think a lot of people will put on a little weight during this lockdown because whatever else we do, eating is like the big highlight of the day, right? I know it is for us. So I'd cut myself some slack on that, to a degree. Still working out 4-5 times a week and doing home cleaning/maintenance, cat care! etc. Hope your regimen works for you!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a nice one-and-done poop around 4 pm. I also gave myself a serviceable quarantine haircut. Let's just say it was worth the price I paid for it. 😹 It's not too bad but I'm sure it's uneven with maybe a shocking spot or two I can't see.

I don't know if her 4 pm 💩 means we'll have more later tonight. Or on the overnight. Or if she'll be back on schedule in the morning.

One thing I like about the keto diet already is that I'm not hungry all the time. I don't honestly feel like snacking the quarantine away.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For every one and done, there’s a three parter waiting behind it. This one happened just before first breakfast. She was going to put part two in the box, but she had to jump out and throw up a feeder portion or two. “Meh. That cleanup can wait.” I go back to finishing her food prep and look back out at her finishing part two on the carpet. “Silly girl! You can’t bury that. Stop scratching at the carpet like you’re going to hide it from me.” Part three, the chocolate chip, that was going to go on the carpet too but I managed to slide a box to her and she was convinced to use it. One carpet bomb, two barfs (they always come in pairs), but she finished her first breakfast. Meanwhile I spent the last hour cleaning up the three sites the old-fashioned way with soapy water and vinegar since it’s too damn early to be running a wet vac. That effort really makes me appreciate my Bissell army. Too much excitement for this early in the morning. But at least I don’t have to worry about it during my breakfast in a couple of hours.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found a box of nitrile gloves on Amazon that are shipping next week rather than next month or two months from now. Most were shipping in June with late May expedited delivery. When I get those gloves, I’ll make another batch of rabbit raw for her. I’ll leave out the stinky B’s but use the liver and kidneys. In any case, I don’t expect the raw to be a majority of her diet. So she can get B’s from her canned. I want to see if it can offset the fish flakes and eliminate the three parter poops. I guess I should also buy the electric grinder now if I don’t want to drive myself nuts with an inefficient dancing manual grinder again.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet! Her food from Incredible Pets is arriving today. And they sent it USPS rather than any of the dodgy delivery services. Speaking of dodgy delivery services, I have some mystery package arriving via FedEx that did "eff all" a mere 20 miles away yesterday. It arrived in Hayward at 4 in the morning and never left Hayward yesterday before reaching San Jose today. It's being redirected to a pick-up location so I'm not held hostage by a dodgy delivery driver who doesn't understand how to get out of his truck and use the intercom at the gate. I have no idea what this package is. All my Amazon orders are accounted for. I finally gave in and signed up for Prime since I'm ordering everything off Amazon now if I don't need it right away. If Amazon doesn't kill its workers, they stand to do very well from this pandemic. Them and Netflix.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweet! Her food from Incredible Pets is arriving today. And they sent it USPS rather than any of the dodgy delivery services. Speaking of dodgy delivery services, I have some mystery package arriving via FedEx that did "eff all" a mere 20 miles away yesterday. It arrived in Hayward at 4 in the morning and never left Hayward yesterday before reaching San Jose today. It's being redirected to a pick-up location so I'm not held hostage by a dodgy delivery driver who doesn't understand how to get out of his truck and use the intercom at the gate. I have no idea what this package is. All my Amazon orders are accounted for. I finally gave in and signed up for Prime since I'm ordering everything off Amazon now if I don't need it right away. If Amazon doesn't kill its workers, they stand to do very well from this pandemic. Them and Netflix.
Wow, that's weird! Did you win something? Doesn't the tracking software tell you where it's from?

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, that's weird! Did you win something? Doesn't the tracking software tell you where it's from?
Smart Warehouse in Ontario, CA. It sounds like an Amazon thing. But all my Amazon orders are accounted for. Heading out to pick it up soon. Finally got the text saying it arrived.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally talked to the owner of the vet practice about Krista’s progress and options. He wants to try to increase her pred dose. I’m concerned about so much pred for such a little cat. But what else can we do and how long can we keep going like this? He said, “give it a week to ten days and check back in with me.” So we’ll give it at least 7 days and I’ll talk to him next week. Perhaps we can finally get this stubborn thing in remission and it stops robbing the calories and nutrients she needs to put weight back on. That’s our hope! 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I’m not crazy about the new pooping schedule. But at least this 5am 💩 was an easy one-and-done. She took long enough to brew it. We didn’t have an evening poop last night. So in fairness. This morning poop is old news. This next one should represent the extra pred and the extra fish flake. 🤞

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that was a four parter (the bananas, two puddings, one chocolate chip) with an extra try or two. Everything made it into boxes. 👍 Except the barf. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿

Though I’m not entirely sure if she’s done yet. Poor girl is cleaning her barf paws right now.

When I’m convinced she’s done, I’ll plate her afternoon meal for her.

Couldn’t expect a miracle on the first dose, right?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well that was a four parter (the bananas, two puddings, one chocolate chip) with an extra try or two. Everything made it into boxes. 👍 Except the barf. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿

Though I’m not entirely sure if she’s done yet. Poor girl is cleaning her barf paws right now.

When I’m convinced she’s done, I’ll plate her afternoon meal for her.

Couldn’t expect a miracle on the first dose, right?
She did really well, all things considered. You're right!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That could have been backlog (so to speak) since she skipped an evening poop last night. The Dr said give it seven days, not one day.

As I started to fix her afternoon meal, she meowed at me and then joined me on the counter to supervise. Clearly she feels better.

Except the barf paws. She hates that. She licks 'em clean and then shakes them because they are still wet. If I could hold her paws back for her...

Status
Not open for further replies.