Status
Not open for further replies.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🐈🔭🧐

Where's the morning poop?

I'm feeding her conservatively this morning in preparation of a morning poop that hasn't shown up yet.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure she's caught on because she's been sitting near her food plate all morning after second breakfast. Not directly in front of it, but near enough that she can give me an insistent trill if I pass by on my way to the kitchen. I consider this a good sign. She usually spends an hour after meals sleeping it off under the bookcase. Maybe the inflammation is finally cooling to the point that she'll have more stomach capacity and an easier time through her gut.

Or the psyllium? We're talking such tiny amounts but it could be making a difference in her satiety and digestion. I tapered her from 1/8 tsp per 5.5 oz of food to 1/16 tsp per 5.5 oz. I open the can into a separate container and add the psyllium to that before portioning individual meals.

In other news, sometime last night she used the pee pad covering the wet spot created by the Bissell clean-up of her barf yesterday. She used it as a pee pad. At least, she used the the pee pad. But what was wrong with the 4 boxes she has? Thank goodness I use the best pee pads. Even upside down, there was no chance that pee was leaking through to the carpet. Clean-up was a snap. I'm hoping that's a one-off behavior. Better the pee pad than the walls though. Or just about any cat bed I've tried to offer her ends up being used like a litterbox at some point. 🤦‍♂️

She keeps it interesting around here. 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
🐈🔭🧐

Where's the morning poop?

I'm feeding her conservatively this morning in preparation of a morning poop that hasn't shown up yet.

Meanwhile, I'm pretty sure she's caught on because she's been sitting near her food plate all morning after second breakfast. Not directly in front of it, but near enough that she can give me an insistent trill if I pass by on my way to the kitchen. I consider this a good sign. She usually spends an hour after meals sleeping it off under the bookcase. Maybe the inflammation is finally cooling to the point that she'll have more stomach capacity and an easier time through her gut.

Or the psyllium? We're talking such tiny amounts but it could be making a difference in her satiety and digestion. I tapered her from 1/8 tsp per 5.5 oz of food to 1/16 tsp per 5.5 oz. I open the can into a separate container and add the psyllium to that before portioning individual meals.

In other news, sometime last night she used the pee pad covering the wet spot created by the Bissell clean-up of her barf yesterday. She used it as a pee pad. At least, she used the the pee pad. But what was wrong with the 4 boxes she has? Thank goodness I use the best pee pads. Even upside down, there was no chance that pee was leaking through to the carpet. Clean-up was a snap. I'm hoping that's a one-off behavior. Better the pee pad than the walls though. Or just about any cat bed I've tried to offer her ends up being used like a litterbox at some point. 🤦‍♂️

She keeps it interesting around here. 😹
The same thing happened with several cat beds and pads we had. They were beautiful and soft, too! But there's only so much washing one can do before they become unusable.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The same thing happened with several cat beds and pads we had. They were beautiful and soft, too! But there's only so much washing one can do before they become unusable.
I just don't think Krista understands cat beds.

"What? It's a box. The bottom is soft. It must be an elimination box."

She likes to sleep in her cat tree, under the bookcase, on the media bench, or on the bed with me. Usually with at least one foot touching me.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had poop! Perfect little cigar butts. One and done!

Looks like the increase in pred and the decrease in psyllium is agreeing with her.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had poop! Perfect little cigar butts. One and done!

Looks like the increase in pred and the decrease in psyllium is agreeing with her.
Excellent, You "go", Krista!:clapcat:
And I think she's in quite a lot of good company on the subject of beds. 😑 The Three like to sleep with me and that's the way I prefer it, too, very much.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just about to praise her for her one and done poop. I even gave her a slightly larger 2nd dinner as a reward. And as soon as she finished it, the poop flood began. Three more boxes including a jumper (thank you for your service, pee pad), and a carpet truffle. 🤦🏼‍♂️

But no barfs! 👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was just about to praise her for her one and done poop. I even gave her a slightly larger 2nd dinner as a reward. And as soon as she finished it, the poop flood began. Three more boxes including a jumper (thank you for your service, pee pad), and a carpet truffle. 🤦🏼‍♂️

But no barfs! 👍
Awwwww, poor girl! Glad it wasn't a major, uh, CATastrophe.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a 3 pm one and done. 💩👍

Then our 9 pm was a one and done fake out again. She seemed done. So I started her second dinner. And about 3/4 of the way into second dinner, she returns to the boxes. Except I only saw a tiny remainder that she buried quite well. She seemed a little unsettled (tail hovering off the ground while sitting.) But the “worst” of it never came. No extra trips. No carpet bombs. No poop pukes. Progress! 💩💩👍

I’m hopeful we’re done.
image.jpg
She’d like me to put the phone down already. 🤦🏼‍♂️😻

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a 3 pm one and done. 💩👍

Then our 9 pm was a one and done fake out again. She seemed done. So I started her second dinner. And about 3/4 of the way into second dinner, she returns to the boxes. Except I only saw a tiny remainder that she buried quite well. She seemed a little unsettled (tail hovering off the ground while sitting.) But the “worst” of it never came. No extra trips. No carpet bombs. No poop pukes. Progress! 💩💩👍

I’m hopeful we’re done.
View attachment 331123
She’d like me to put the phone down already. 🤦🏼‍♂️😻
How could you possibly do anything except give that beautiful girl attention?!! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She has been pretty spirited this morning. She got right in my face for a healthy purring and trilling belly ride this morning when I was stalling before second breakfast. Her second breakfast has to last her until lunch. I sometimes let her talk me into an earlier meal time like first breakfast or first dinner latey. But I don't like to budge on second breakfast. Also because I'm usually trying to get another nap in before I start my day. Any time I stirred this morning, she looked at me and gave me a stern, "feed me NEOW!"

She just emerged from under the bookcase after breakfast to sit in the filling station and insist I fill her up. The filling station is that space between me and the laptop keyboard on the desk. She won't budge until she's got her fill of pets, strokes, and scritches, and general loving attention. Then she hops down and disappears without so much as a tip. Harumph!

I think she's going through the chemo slump anyway. She gets lethargic for a few hours on dosing days. I've read that this is common. She'll be okay by afternoon. But I'll probably get an extra hour today before she asks for lunch.

She groomed herself well this morning. She feels soft and fluffy. I may be overly optimistic. But she feels ever so slightly less bony this morning. I'm not going to resume the weigh-ins any time soon though. When the poop and poop puke issues are a memory, I'm certain her frame will fill out whether I weigh her or not. And until then, I'm certain I can't do anything about the number on the scale anyway.

I call the owner of the cat practice tomorrow and discuss the pred progress. I think she's peeing more frequently but not any greater volume. Aside from that, I think she's tolerating the increased pred well and I'd like to continue with it. I'll ask him what I should look out for and when I should bring her in for a checkup to make sure her pancreas, kidneys, and bone marrow are still in good shape.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noon 💩👍

Also "some other cat" has been eating her food since she started the higher pred dose. 😹

I plate her food. I wash up from the prep. I come back out and she's picking crumbs off the plate.

"Sorry girl. I just plated your food. I can't help it that some other cat ate it while I wasn't looking." 🤣

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Noon 💩👍

Also "some other cat" has been eating her food since she started the higher pred dose. 😹

I plate her food. I wash up from the prep. I come back out and she's picking crumbs off the plate.

"Sorry girl. I just plated your food. I can't help it that some other cat ate it while I wasn't looking." 🤣
Yes, it's shocking how often that happens here, too. "Some other cat" really does get around, doesn't she???:insertevillaugh:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a good poop with a soft finish. But...that was just the first part. She seemed relaxed. She even came up on the desk and then on the kitchen counter.

“I’m not feeding you again until next dinner. This will give us both time to see if your poop was one and done or more is coming. I can fluff up the remainder of your first dinner.”

Sure enough. She finished the remainder of her dinner. Then went to the front room box and peed chocolate out her butt. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿 But at least it all made it in the box. No overflow.

And no barfs after.

So far. 🤞

Now we’re playing this game where I’m trying not to leave her unpoopervised but also give her space to figure it out. No poop jail for her. She briefly considered under the bookcase. But now she’s on the bed staring at me. I’m trying not to crowd her. I glance at her occasionally over my phone. She’s still watching me. Wait! Who is supervising whom? 😹

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a good poop with a soft finish. But...that was just the first part. She seemed relaxed. She even came up on the desk and then on the kitchen counter.

“I’m not feeding you again until next dinner. This will give us both time to see if your poop was one and done or more is coming. I can fluff up the remainder of your first dinner.”

Sure enough. She finished the remainder of her dinner. Then went to the front room box and peed chocolate out her butt. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿 But at least it all made it in the box. No overflow.

And no barfs after.

So far. 🤞

Now we’re playing this game where I’m trying not to leave her unpoopervised but also give her space to figure it out. No poop jail for her. She briefly considered under the bookcase. But now she’s on the bed staring at me. I’m trying not to crowd her. I glance at her occasionally over my phone. She’s still watching me. Wait! Who is supervising whom? 😹
*THAT, said Shakespeare, is the question!* Happy Birthday, Will! :hearthrob: :kneading: :hearthrob:

Status
Not open for further replies.