It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend's 5 year old finished his last cycle of Chemo today! She shared a video of all the nurses singing to him. I definitely cried. :lol2::heartshape: And now in a few weeks he gets to celebrate his 6th birthday; cancer and trach free! :banana1:
Great news!! Wowza, brave little guy, going through that at age 5.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm eating pine-roasted flavored hummus with bagel chips and strawberry and pineapple La Croix sparkling water. My helper surprised me with it because I couldn't choose what I wanted so I asked her to pick out something she thought I'd like. Then I added fresh strawberries to it and drinking ti from a frosted glass, so good.
I'm watching the Vincie girl sleeping on the deck on her ottoman.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was a picture perfect day with bright sunshine and mild temps, (57F), not too hot and not too cool. Carleton enjoyed the sun's rays from inside the house. :lovecat2:

1claire

Tabby Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
I got my cats their own tree and they seem to love it. Moving on, I feel like they also need one of these drinkwell pet fountains that I found online, do you think that cats will love having one at home?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rainy and cloudy today,so hubby ate his cereal at the table this morning.I went into the kitchen to refill my coffee mug and step back I into the dining room and what do I see?One of the cats...her name is Butter...sitting on the table,trying to get her poppa to give her some of his raisin bran.She loves cold cereal...none of the others have ever been interested.It's not the milk ...she wants dry cereal.So she got a few flakes and a raisin and she was happy and went back to her spot on the window sill.Cat life!

1claire

Tabby Lover
Young Cat
Purraise
This Article about how to choose the best water fountain might be helpful for you. It also discusses and gives members' reviews of the Drinkwell one:
How To Choose The Best Water Fountain For Your Cat

I woke up early to go to a new exercise class today but it was well worth it. :thumbsup:
Thank you for sharing this article with me, I am honestly kind of lost on which type to get.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
It's raining and both my lovely girls are snoozing. Lovely Vincie girl on my lap and Big Cal on top of the clean clothes in the laundry basket. I love hearing the Vincie girl's sweet breathing and little chirps.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The magnolia trees are starting to flower :clap:

The local independent grocery store set up the outdoor tables yesterday. I'm waiting for the tables to be filled with all sorts of plants for sale soon: herbs, vegetables, flowers, etc. Definitely a sign that Spring is here :yess:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
TGIF! No work and no exercise class so I slept in today. While having my morning coffee I turned the tv channel to TCM. They had an old movie on that I've never seen or heard about, i.e. They Gave Him a Gun, with Spencer Tracy. I wasn't planning to watch it but ended up seeing the whole movie. It's nice to take a break now and then. :cool2:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My cell phone bill is $1.16 less than last month :woohoo: :lol: I switched my national discount from the previous employer to my current employer. I also get a $100 monthly cell phone allowance in my paycheck so even though I pay the bill myself, it's really the employer paying for the bill. And my monthly bill isn't even $100 so I just pocket the leftover money :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm close to completing a few small house projects. :biggrin: I went to buy paint the other day and they had hanging pansies for sale. I had to buy a few and they just bright up the outside so much. My husband got an unexpected bonus that will cover the cost of the high efficiency furnace we just put in. :)

Tobermory

“What greater gift than the love of a cat.”
Staff Member
Purraise
I always stop at a locally owned coffee shop every Friday on my way to my volunteer gig at the sanctuary. I used to go through the drive-through, but recently I’ve been going in because I like the feel of the place; it’s in an old house. A group of very fit 70-something men dressed in runners’ gear came through one door as I came through the other, and they arrived at the counter a split second before I did. The lead guy smiled, stepped back, and said, “You go first.” So thoughtful! And then they all clustered around and started chatting with me and each other as I waited for my coffee-to-go. It made me smile and lifted my spirits.

As a bonus, the woman behind the counter remembered what I order, pretty amazing considering that I come in once a week only and she’s not always at the counter!

So now when I’m in my “I hate everyone” mood, I’m going to try to remember this brief but lovely experience. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.