It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
The ice cream shop, on the beach, officially opened today! Summer is around the corner!!

shush... it is 2 doors down from my apartment building... shush....can see me spending a lot of time, sitting on the beach wall, having a soft serve....for supper!!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The ice cream shop, on the beach, officially opened today! Summer is around the corner!!

shush... it is 2 doors down from my apartment building... shush....can see me spending a lot of time, sitting on the beach wall, having a soft serve....for supper!!
I would love having an ice cream shop around the corner, I'd be there daily.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I am reading on the deck for the first time since 2018! Sun is out and the Vincie girl is snoozing beside me in he shade. I need to get a new sun umbrella as my old one was damaged beyond repair during high winds last fall.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Great day to be outdoors and enjoy the spring temps. DH and I tried a new creperie that was positively scrumptious. Then we walked off our meal. ;)

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
I got my cats their own tree and they seem to love it. Moving on, I feel like they also need one of these drinkwell pet fountains that I found online, do you think that cats will love having one at home?

I've got one and my cats love it. They are also spoiled because I have an RO (reverse osmosis) machine under the kitchen sink which takes most of the crap out of the city water, particularly all that stuff that makes glass tea kettles white and cloudy on the inside and makes water heaters get sediment in them, and I use that not only for my own cooking and drinking but also for them. That water also keeps the fountain from getting crusts on it. You might want to use distilled water (not "purified" or other "spring " water) to keep that out of the fountain. Distilled water tastes bland because it is just pure H2O with nothing else in it.
Cars love the moving water and some of them, like Maine Coons, play in them. Mine like to drink from the top or from the falling water. Mine is a ceramic one, I could not afford the stainless steel one one. Try to stay away from the one that is all plastic. All the fountains need to be taken apart, even the pump itself, every 2 weeks at the most to be cleaned or the whole fountain will slow down, eventually stop pumping and will be sort of slimy from the cat's saliva when they drink.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It was supposed to rain all afternoon but it only drizzled and then the sun came out which was a definite positive in my book. :thumbsup: DH and I went to a chocolate outlet and did a bit of sweet damage. ;)

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Both my girls are sleeping on the deck and loving it. The Vincie girl gas been out there since 4:30am, dear girl loves being outside. She is sleeping on her ottoman and Big Cal is in my usual chair. Cal wanted to come back in earlier but didn't want to leave her Vincie sis alone. Where's mama going to sit? hmm...I guess in one of
the plastic chairs but I'll put pillows behind me and on the seat.
:sunshine:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to the dentist this morning for my FINAL tooth implant visit.
I wish I could afford dental implants, I think they are so beautiful.

My positive for today is I'm learning to cook with spices. My mom didn't like spices, so her cooking was always very bland. It's really eye-opening how much better food tastes with seasoning. :)

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We've had such beautiful weather the last few days!We've been going around doing some spring things...putting screens in the storm windows,replacing screen where need be.The cats were so happy to have "their" kitchen window open this morning...it was full all day.Hubby says he saw the bluebirds starting to nest in the old apple tree,my goldfinches have turned a beautiful bright yellow so I can say spring has surely arrived!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I wish I could afford dental implants, I think they are so beautiful.

My positive for today is I'm learning to cook with spices. My mom didn't like spices, so her cooking was always very bland. It's really eye-opening how much better food tastes with seasoning. :)
What did you make?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Going out to lunch celebrate.
Good for you! :thumbsup: Since my least favorite doctor is the dentist I share your pain but delight in your celebration. Enjoy your lunch and good luck at the dentist.

My mom's cooking was bland also. I didn't discover spices/seasonings until I started cooking on my own. You're so right about food tasting better and more flavorful with a hint of spice.

My positive is it's the second day in a row we are having springlike weather. Since the remainder of the week is supposed to revert to cold and storms I'm going to go out and enjoy the sun and warmth today. :sunshine:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mom's cooking was bland also. I didn't discover spices/seasonings until I started cooking on my own. You're so right about food tasting better and more flavorful with a hint of spice.
Same here. Mom's idea of adding flavor is lots of salt in the form of bottled sauce, particularly soy sauce :cringe:

I finally finished a side project I've been working on with someone :yess:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a beginner at cooking, so I just made a pizza sub and added Italian Seasoning, Black Pepper, and Salt. Then I made a quiche and added Basil, Black Pepper, and Salt. I have a ton of fancier spices like Herbs de Provence, but I don't know how to use them yet.
Sounds amazing!! I love quiche. Herbs de Provence, fancy!!:clap:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I bet @Winchester can help you with spices :) Winchester is a huge Penzey's fan. Penzey's is a spice retailer. If you're not lucky enough to live near a store, you can buy from the web site.

Easter chocolates are available at two local artisan chocolate shops now :yess: I know what I want from one place but the other one, a new place, has too many delicious selections to choose from :crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.