It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We just got back from the vet's. Digger had dental work done Wednesday, and Michele noticed something in one eye. It turns out that they use something to protect the eyes during anesthesia, and what she saw was a residue from that. The vet gave Digger a clean bill of health, and that's a very good thing.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I'm standing at the kitchen sink this morning waiting for the coffee to finish,I looked to my left and Donnie was sitting on the counter watching the reflection in my stainless steel pot on the pot rack.I looked out the window and saw little squirrel babies making their way out of the chimney on top of the workshop.I've noticed him doing that the last couple of days so I guess they've been climbing out and I've missed it.They are so darn cute,and the look on his face was priceless.Knowing him,he's probably thinking...hmmm,if I get out my toolbox,what can I do to get them critters!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
It's rainy, chilly, and bleak here but I have good movies to watch and series I may binge-watch. I've got the movies Sideways and Bridget Jones Diary from the library. I have, minus season 5, the entire Sex and the City series. Season one of The Sopranos, and the entire Sleeper Cell II series.:yess:

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's rainy and bleak here, as well, but I have my garage and a bunch of wood that I can turn into useful things, like more window screens for Michele- I only need to make 3 more. Life is good.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Will have to wash my queen-sized quilt now because I found a huge hair ball that Big Cal threw up last night so I'll do the throws as well. I love the scent of Gain fabric softener so there is an upside.:thumbsup:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Will have to wash my queen-sized quilt now
I love freshly washed blankets/quilts. I would love to wash them more often, but they fill up the entire washer, so it takes a lot of water.

My positive is it's Sunday, so we are probably getting take-out for dinner. Not sure what restaurant yet. :)

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
As I'm standing at the kitchen sink this morning waiting for the coffee to finish,I looked to my left and Donnie was sitting on the counter watching the reflection in my stainless steel pot on the pot rack.I looked out the window and saw little squirrel babies making their way out of the chimney on top of the workshop.I've noticed him doing that the last couple of days so I guess they've been climbing out and I've missed it.They are so darn cute,and the look on his face was priceless.Knowing him,he's probably thinking...hmmm,if I get out my toolbox,what can I do to get them critters!
I am so jealous. I have been feeding squirrels for 30 years and I have never seen a baby.

segelkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
back in Laguna Woods, CA after a 2 yr absence
Plenty of squirrels (and bunnies too) around here and there is an ordinance not to feed the wildlife as it should stay wild and not depend on people. However, nobody seems to care that hummingbird feeders are all over the place and that people will plant milkweed for the Monarch butterflies. The squirrels and bunnies are food for the coyotes and one hopes that they will not get so hungry that they go after cats and dogs as some of them have been known to attack dogs that were being walked at dusk and scaling 10 ft walls and crashing through screen doors to get at a cat sleeping on a porch.
I saw hummingbirds a few weeks ago so I put out my feeder but it has not been visited and the tree outside is not home to any nests as it is every year. Yesterday I saw one frantically trying to get in through a closed window although there was nothing behind it but a closed beige shade. It has been unusually cold, we should have temps in the 70s every day and night in the 60s but the weatherman keeps sending us nighttime temps in the 50s and barely over 70 some days. Sometimes there is wind and the sidewalks and lawns are full of leaves that hung on from the fall and winter although new leaves are already out.
But the springtime flowers are out, many trees are blooming, embankments full of blossoms and the air is scented sweetly in many places.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
It's snowing outside and DH told me he read this is the 11th time it has snowed this late in April in the past 120 years. Fortunately I have no plans other than cleaning the house :rolleyes3: so I'm going to relax with Carleton and enjoy what will hopefully be the last snowfall until next winter. I have to admit it looks peaceful and serene outside my window, i.e. giant snowflakes falling diagonally making a white blanket on the lawn and tree limbs.

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so jealous. I have been feeding squirrels for 30 years and I have never seen a baby.
We don't feed them but living in the country as we do,we have several walnut trees and a few mulberry trees,so they have plenty of food during the year.This is the second batch someone has raised in this old chimney...there are 3 greys and a black.When they venture out,they run back and forth across the roofline...so darn cute!It won't be long and their Mama will introduce them to the trees.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
An amazing awesome Masters golf tourney; Tiger Woods' comeback win, after 14 years and four back surgeries AND Schauffele, Koepka and Johnson's second place!?!
Words seriously fall a bit short.

Status
Not open for further replies.