It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
The humidity has dropped and we're supposed to have sun all day. My girls are on the deck now having their morning look about. The birds are just starting to practice for this morning's concert.

Yesterday was a great day for reading on the deck and pigging out on fruit and Italian ices, and cheese and crackers. :yess:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
mani mani How are your singing lessons coming along?
Oh really well thank you Mia6 Mia6 ! I'm enjoying them immensely. I feel really uplifted whenever I practice, and singing in front of the teacher is definitely something that helps break down the lack of confidence I have in my ability.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh really well thank you Mia6 Mia6 ! I'm enjoying them immensely. I feel really uplifted whenever I practice, and singing in front of the teacher is definitely something that helps break down the lack of confidence I have in my ability.
This is so exciting! You'll have to sing for us.:clap:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh mani mani , that's so funny. When I lecture Elvis, he mews at me and sometimes switches his tail at me. I know he knows he's done something I don't approve of, which usually involves either stalking/chasing Baby Su or trying it on with Tarifa.
He's well aware that he's not supposed to do those things. It has never stopped him, and it never will. At the end of his mewing/tail switching retreat, he often plops himself at my feet, smiling and rolling, because he knows I'm totally disarmed by his cute-out tactics.
IMG_0205.JPG

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh mani mani , that's so funny. When I lecture Elvis, he mews at me and sometimes switches his tail at me. I know he knows he's done something I don't approve of, which usually involves either stalking/chasing Baby Su or trying it on with Tarifa.
He's well aware that he's not supposed to do those things. It has never stopped him, and it never will. At the end of his mewing/tail switching retreat, he often plops himself at my feet, smiling and rolling, because he knows I'm totally disarmed by his cute-out tactics.View attachment 291555
Oh, is he a lover!!! He knows he can get away with stuff!!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Are there any live streams with feral cats?
Take a look at this one; they just had a live video not too long ago of catching one of their outside ferals to give him a med dose (it was, not surprisingly, a bit of a rodeo but she got it done!)
TinyKittens Rescue Kitten TV - Rescuing locally, educating globally.
Feral Cat Colonies - TinyKittens.com

Today I got two mats off the Big Guy, one that was in his little armpitty and the other was in the STRANGEST place on a back leg. Weird, but I'm so glad I got them.

I have a ton of color happening in the backyard. The heat is coming, but at least at this point everything is looking amazing :)!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take a look at this one; they just had a live video not too long ago of catching one of their outside ferals to give him a med dose (it was, not surprisingly, a bit of a rodeo but she got it done!)
TinyKittens Rescue Kitten TV - Rescuing locally, educating globally.
Feral Cat Colonies - TinyKittens.com

Today I got two mats off the Big Guy, one that was in his little armpitty and the other was in the STRANGEST place on a back leg. Weird, but I'm so glad I got them.

I have a ton of color happening in the backyard. The heat is coming, but at least at this point everything is looking amazing :)!
HUGE PROPS to you for sharing these links, Furballsmom Furballsmom ! Inspiring in the extreme!

muffy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's well aware that he's not supposed to do those things. It has never stopped him, and it never will. At the end of his mewing/tail switching retreat, he often plops himself at my feet, smiling and rolling, because he knows I'm totally disarmed by his cute-out tactics.View attachment 291555
He is beautiful. I love his color.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 I thought Elvis was a young man! Young at heart!

Yesterday was so beautiful! I got to spend time reading on the deck with the Vincie girl sleeping underneath Harvey's lowest deck step. When James and Melissa got home they opened the slider blinds and came outside. The Vincie girl then saw Harvey, Wendell, and Fritz looking at her. She seemed scared! I picked her up and brought her home because they were going to mow and weed eat.
Later they came out with all 3 boys wearing harnesses and leads. Harvey and Wendell are used to it but it was only Fritz's first time and he didn't look like he was enjoying it. They are 3 very handsome and sweet guys.
Going to be nice today as well.:yess:

Edit: Forgot this. Again my hummer couple came around 7:00pm. I've named them Mr. and Mrs. Green. There is a red and black male who has been feeding as well. I just love having them come so close. :clap:

Last edited:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes, Mia6 Mia6 , Elvis is very playful, active, and amorous. Of course, he's the "baby" of the family as Tarifa is 15 and Baby Su is 14.
Sounds like the Vincie girl is enjoying her forays out into the wild, wide world.
There are quite a few hummers here, and they have aerial dogfights. Hummingbirds are very territorial! There were several in the Mojave who did this as well. One time at another location, I was sitting on the ground and one came up to within inches of my face. It was scary, because that sharp beak!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, yes, Mia6 Mia6 , Elvis is very playful, active, and amorous. Of course, he's the "baby" of the family as Tarifa is 15 and Baby Su is 14.
Sounds like the Vincie girl is enjoying her forays out into the wild, wide world.
There are quite a few hummers here, and they have aerial dogfights. Hummingbirds are very territorial! There were several in the Mojave who did this as well. One time at another location, I was sitting on the ground and one came up to within inches of my face. It was scary, because that sharp beak!
I love hummers. We only have 3 kind here in Ohio. Aerial dogfights, ha!!

Yes, the Vincie girl loves being outside. I made her come in for a nap for a few hours but she's back out now, sleeping underneath Harvey's lowest deck step.

Elvis is such pretty colors!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love hummers. We only have 3 kind here in Ohio. Aerial dogfights, ha!!

Yes, the Vincie girl loves being outside. I made her come in for a nap for a few hours but she's back out now, sleeping underneath Harvey's lowest deck step.

Elvis is such pretty colors!
Thanks! Several people have complimented his blue-creaminess. If you saw him in person, he's even more handsome. His blue is really BLUE, not grey. He is wearing a peacock blue collar right now and it seems to accentuate the blueness of his coat.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Was a hot one yesterday but I managed to keep cool. Hannah will be back today as she wasn't in yesterday. I am looking forward to bacon and eggs.
Going to be very hot today so I'm going to spend time inside catching up on things. My birds are tuning up for their daily concert!:yess:

Status
Not open for further replies.