Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Hot yesterday. I let the Vincie girl out to sleep underneath Harvey's deck but I think she now has another crush, on Fritz. the rescue, Harvey's youngest brother.
He keeps coming to the slider and I've caught the Vincie girl looking in at him. He's only a year old!! She's a cougar, ha!! I squirted her down with tepid water and she likes it, but because of the heat and humidity I only let her stay out about an hour and a half at a time, then 2 hour naps. She was very angry and wanted back out after I brought her in for her first nap, but she finally settled.
Big Cal sleeps on top of the washing machine on a soft cotton throw. It's dark and cool in there. She's so good, never complains as her sis does.

I ate cherries, grapes, apples, cheese and crackers yesterday, and peanut butter.
Like to eat lightly when it's this hot. The cherries are amazing!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I forgot about this. On Friday, early evening, a male hummer, beautiful shade of green, was drinking from the feeder, then he stopped and flew right towards me as I was reading. I kept still. Don't know why he did that but I had a purple tank and pink pj bottoms on so maybe the thought there was another feeder. I could have reached up and petted him as he was so close.

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
That's amazing, Mia6 Mia6 ! I never get to see hummingbirds in real life. It must have been captivating seeing one so close to you.

Also, probably time to have that talk with Vincie Girl...
Yes, it was amazing! I wanted to try and pet him but I knew better. He and his wife are so adorable. I love their sweet chirping.

Yes, I think you're right. the Vincie girl needs a good talking to.:D

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Is it alive? Oh my, so precious!
He was moving his legs and trying to sit up before she left for the wildlife center so I hope they can help this little guy. But he'll be in the right place with knowledgeable people to give hime the proper rehab care. :vibes:

I ate cherries, grapes, apples, cheese and crackers yesterday, and peanut butter. Like to eat lightly when it's this hot.
That sounds like an amazing pick me up when it's hot outdoors.

We were invited to one of our neighbors for a bbq last night but since the weather was stifling it got moved to tonight instead because the temps/humidity are much better and we can enjoy eating outdoors.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi all!
For those of you who were following Bella Hummingbird live webcam, or were interested - the last babies fledged perfectly and there was a rescue baby hummy who was also being fed by the mama (!!) for the last few days before the fledge. It made it into the air with flying colors as well :) (erg, SUCH a bad pun LOL)

With that, the webcam owner will be focusing back on the feeders until next season (approximately January) which means sometimes there won't be much going on.

If you're looking for bird (and a few animals) action that is amazing, this is really marvelous (Cornell Ornithology is involved). The first link is to the live cam which is streaming all the time;

Panama Fruit Feeder Cam | The Canopy Family | Birdwatching in Panama

And this below is the "list" of species that have been seen at the feeder

Last edited:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
He was moving his legs and trying to sit up before she left for the wildlife center so I hope they can help this little guy. But he'll be in the right place with knowledgeable people to give hime the proper rehab care. :vibes:

That sounds like an amazing pick me up when it's hot outdoors.

We were invited to one of our neighbors for a bbq last night but since the weather was stifling it got moved to tonight instead because the temps/humidity are much better and we can enjoy eating outdoors.
Oh, Glad to hear he was moving about.

Yes, the fruit and cheese together were delicious, plus I had 2 Luigi's Italian Ices cherry flavored. :yess:

Enjoy the bbq!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all!
For those of you who were following Bella Hummingbird live webcam, or were interested - the last babies fledged perfectly and there was a rescue baby hummy who was also being fed by the mama (!!) for the last few days before the fledge. It made it into the air with flying colors as well :) (erg, SUCH a bad pun LOL)

With that, the webcam owner will be focusing back on the feeders until next season (approximately January) which means sometimes there won't be much going on.

If you're looking for bird (and a few animals) action that is amazing, this is really marvelous (Cornell Ornithology is involved). The first link is to the live cam which is streaming all the time, and the second provides a list of species;

Panama Fruit Feeder Cam | The Canopy Family | Birdwatching in Panama

The Wood-Rail seems to like fruit! Little piece of watermelon, and I think I see lime.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Vincie Girl can do as she likes. She is FELINE, after all. :happycat:
I love fresh summer fruits, too, especially the cherries and nectarines! And I like to make cold pasta salads for dinner at this time of year, along with green salads.
www.explore.org has quite a few different webcams on quite a few different species.
Feeling good after a night's sleep and no shaking that was discernable. Elvis wasn't patrolling, so he felt calmer, too.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think she now has another crush, on Fritz. the rescue, Harvey's youngest brother.
A woman has to keep her options open. :lol:

I never get to see hummingbirds in real life. It must have been captivating seeing one so close to you.
We have a special feeder to attract them with sugar water in it. :reddragonfly::bluedragonfly:

We were invited to one of our neighbors for a bbq last night but since the weather was stifling it got moved to tonight instead
I hope they made you some veggie food on the grill. :yummy:

The first link is to the live cam which is streaming all the time;
Are there any live streams with feral cats? I would love to put a camera in the woods and spy on them! :winkcat:

My positive is I used up a bunch of hot sauces in the fridge, so now I can open more. I had 10 in there, but now I'm down to 6. :thumbsup:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes, it was amazing! I wanted to try and pet him but I knew better. He and his wife are so adorable. I love their sweet chirping.

Yes, I think you're right. the Vincie girl needs a good talking to.:D
Speaking of a good talking to, here's one for you.

Our dog was obsessed with my late DH. Whenever he was in his recliner and closed it to get up, she would jump up and start barking hysterically. The same thing if he suddenly spoke. Like if he was sitting out back in the screened in porch and opened the door to tell me something. It was like she was announcing him in the most insane way possible. That used to drive him nuts. One day after one of her bouts of hysteria, he turned to me and this conversation happened

DH "That's it. I've had it. YOU need to have a talk with that dog."
Me. "Um. OK. What would you like me to say?"
DH: "You tell her that I can stand up or speak in MY house any time I like and she needs to stop doing that."
Me: "Ok"
I went into the living room and sat on the couch. the dog was laying next to it.

This is the talking to that we had.

Me:"You need to stop barking every time daddy gets out of his chair or says something. He doesn't like it when you do that."
Dog: "blank stare"
Me : "Ok then. Thank you."

DH :"I could have done THAT myself."
Me: "Then why didn't you?" :rolleyes2:

Yup. That really happened. I have no idea what he was expecting. Did it work? Of course not. She was a DOG. A cat would have understood because they are obviously smarter. :wink:

The two have since been reunited. I wonder if she's still doing that on the other side. :rbheart:

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Speaking of a good talking to, here's one for you.

Our dog was obsessed with my late DH. Whenever he was in his recliner and closed it to get up, she would jump up and start barking hysterically. The same thing if he suddenly spoke. Like if he was sitting out back in the screened in porch and opened the door to tell me something. It was like she was announcing him in the most insane way possible. That used to drive him nuts. One day after one of her bouts of hysteria, he turned to me and this conversation happened

DH "That's it. I've had it. YOU need to have a talk with that dog."
Me. "Um. OK. What would you like me to say?"
DH: "You tell her that I can stand up or speak in MY house any time I like and she needs to stop doing that."
Me: "Ok"
I went into the living room and sat on the couch. the dog was laying next to it.

This is the talking to that we had.

Me:"You need to stop barking every time daddy gets out of his chair or says something. He doesn't like it when you do that."
Dog: "blank stare"
Me : "Ok then. Thank you."

DH :"I could have done THAT myself."
Me: "Then why didn't you?" :rolleyes2:

Yup. That really happened. I have no idea what he was expecting. Did it work? Of course not. She was a DOG. A cat would have understood because they are obviously smarter. :wink:

The two have since been reunited. I wonder if she's still doing that on the other side. :rbheart:
:lol:

It reminds me of the other day when I gave my two a good talking to.. Nilah chases Sundar relentlessly, which is amusing as she's tiny and he's a big boof. Anyway, they were racing all over the place, knocking things off shelves, when I yelled 'That's it .. I've had enough!
They both stopped where they were, sat down and looked at me as I lectured them for at least five minutes, both sitting in rapt attention.
When I'd finished they looked at each other and wandered off in different directions and I thought :yess:.

That lasted about half an hour. :rolleyes2:

I guess the positive is that they actually sat and listened... :D

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The Vincie Girl can do as she likes. She is FELINE, after all. :happycat:
I love fresh summer fruits, too, especially the cherries and nectarines! And I like to make cold pasta salads for dinner at this time of year, along with green salads.
www.explore.org has quite a few different webcams on quite a few different species.
Feeling good after a night's sleep and no shaking that was discernable. Elvis wasn't patrolling, so he felt calmer, too.
Glad you got some sleep. Sounds like Elvis has decided he can rest as well.
I haven't had any nectarines yet, I think it may be too early here.The cherries and grapes are so good! Can't wait for homegrown cantelope. Pasta salads are wonderful and I like having a huge green salad.

The link you posted has a lot on it! Thanks! The Vincie girl always does what she likes except for her naps in the hot temps but she settles after a bit. :purr:

Status
Not open for further replies.