It's A Beautiful Day! - The Positive Thread 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It was my girls' birthdays yesterday!! My Vincie girl was 19 and Big Cal turned 9. They both slept all day. I bought a little cake from Giant Eagle which I dropped and it looked a mess but tasted good. I sang to them this morning and they will share a can of albacore tuna in water, the only kind they will eat.

Hannah, my helper, and her new husband! The wedding was scheduled for the 27th but there was some drama, so they got their marriage licenses on Thursday, and were married on Sunday by Avery's father, who is a minister.
She is so happy!!

Aww! So cute! Congrats to them!

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a severe storm early last night so I won't be watering the tomatoes today.
The hail was so huge and coming down so hard I was afraid the plants would be ruined but they look ok. I have about 10 cherries and they look good. There are tiny Heirlooms starting to form. I was over watering them when I first planted them.

I feel like bacon and eggs this morning. Hannah brought me pasta salad from her wedding and made chicken salad. Good for these 90 degree days.:clap:

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
It was a little less humid yesterday so I was able to get a little done outside out in the yard.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mia6 Mia6 OMC how could I have missed your post about the Vincie Girl being 19?!! and Big Cal, 9! I hope their PURRthdays were extremely happy and that they enjoy many more in good health, safety, happiness, and LOVE!:bday::celebrate::party::woohoo:
I love deli foods and summer salads, too. Got up and made a "Three Bean Salad" this morning which I can have for several nights. Just finished a macaroni salad with peas, celery, and tuna. And I make fresh lemonade and sun tea to drink. Easy and refreshing!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
OMC how could I have missed your post about the Vincie Girl being 19?!! and Big Cal, 9! I hope their PURRthdays were extremely happy and that they enjoy many more in good health, safety, happiness, and LOVE!:bday::celebrate::party::woohoo:
Thank you!!

Lari Lari Lelia looks like a model! She knows she's a beauty!

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
The rain has stopped, my tomatoes look good! We had so much in such a short period of time that when I opened the slider late afternoon it smelled moldy outside. Going to be hot today so my girls are out on the deck now enjoying the morning. I was able to trim a lot of hair around Cal's bottom and legs. It'll be easier for me to clean her areas there with baby wipes.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The rain has stopped, my tomatoes look good! We had so much in such a short period of time that when I opened the slider late afternoon it smelled moldy outside. Going to be hot today so my girls are out on the deck now enjoying the morning. I was able to trim a lot of hair around Cal's bottom and legs. It'll be easier for me to clean her areas there with baby wipes.
"Cat Maintenance" can be a very good thing! :winkcat:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Anybody have an atomic clock? The kind where you never have to set it because it gets a signal from somewhere that keeps it updated? Well, you might want to check out your because something has caused mine to go insane. A couple of weeks ago mine, which tells date, time, day of week and inside temp, was suddenly about 15 minutes fast. I thought maybe it needed batteries so I switched them out and it reset itself to the correct info.

This morning it has inexplicably jumped ahead 10 days, showing Monday and July 29 but the time is still correct. Feels a little Twighlight zonish.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The first of our poodle puppies, a black male, was adopted today, and a white female pup goes to her new home on Monday. All six have been vaccinated and are now free of ear mites and giardia. The two young adults have been neutered and are making a lot of progress as far as housebreaking is concerned.

A found kitten has also found a new home; if nobody claims him within 6 months, his new family can legally adopt him.

There have been two supposed wolf sightings this week 10 km (6 miles) from here. No DNA or clear pictures yet, so wildlife experts are a bit skeptical, though they said it could very well be the wolf from one county over, as lone wolves cover a lot of distance.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I had a wonderful time today at an exhibition of the sewing/craft work of local people. There were some simply stunning quilts, embroidery and other fabric handcrafts.. I'm amazed at the creativity and patience of these people.

One woman made what she calls 'flower people'. Most were fairies and other etherical folk but I found one ideal for my yoga house:

Mia6

Top Cat
Purraise
I had a wonderful time today at an exhibition of the sewing/craft work of local people. There were some simply stunning quilts, embroidery and other fabric handcrafts.. I'm amazed at the creativity and patience of these people.

One woman made what she calls 'flower people'. Most were fairies and other etherical folk but I found one ideal for my yoga house:

That's beautiful!

Graceful-Lily

Extraterrestrial Being
Top Cat
Purraise
The stunning calico kitten I've been feeding really loves (and prefers) wet food and raw meat. I waited until it was close to his visiting time and placed a raw chicken wing out there (my dog didn't want it). He ate it all up and some other cats came for some but there was none left. This morning, I woke up and the dry food was still outside, almost full container. I guess stray cats prefer raw meat? I'm going to have to start buying more if I want to catch calico kitty. Right now, I've made up my mind and would love to catch him and welcome him as part of the family. I see great potential in him.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Status
Not open for further replies.