Introducing Me And My Moody

haiitsvi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello! I've started threads here looking for help before and found a lot of the other threads I've read helpful but haven't introduced myself yet.

My name is Vi and I live in the DC suburbs. I adopted my first baby "Mad-Eye" Moody in September 2018 and I am obsessed with taking the best care of him that I possibly can! He is a one-eyed lynx point Siamese and I've grown to appreciate these cats as one of the most beautiful markings.

Moody (I just call him that for short) came from a horrific cat hoarding situation that made the local news/Washington Post. In short a woman was hoarding over 120 Siamese and Siamese Mix cats. In the article which I only found recently you can see photos of so many other cats that looked like him. Moody's living conditions were so bad that when animal control got him, they had to remove one of his eyes and his other one has some cloudy scarring but nothing seems to be impaired about his vision.

It was one of my goals for 2018 to adopt at cat around my birthday as a gift for myself. There were a lot of Siamese cats from the animal control situation but he was special and drew me in. He has not left my side since I took him home. He's super active, loud, talkative, clingy, and picky but I love him.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS to you and your adorable Moody! He looks and sounds so sweet. Thank you for rescuing him! :catrub:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
EBCA3F10-F2B8-4F93-BA69-9B8FB50540D0.gif
Vi and Moody, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
1CFA48EE-CEC0-42E2-831E-6FB7DD662B72.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:

I just read that newspaper article, and feel so bad for how those cats were living. :( Fleas so bad they were moving to a neighbour's home! :eek3:

You may have gotten Moody as your birthday gift, but I bet he would say he received a gift too, the day you adopted him. :heartshape::catlove:

Knoxxx

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay what a cute freaking name! Since you named yours that, I feel you will be able to enjoy mine: We decided to name ours Knox since he is all black (;

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site! Moody is a beauty and cutie! :redheartpump: Bless you for taking in a cat from that bad situation!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
He's so cute! And you are a very kind person to choose him as your companion.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm glad you decided to introduce yourself and Moody. He is an extremely handsome boy. :lovecat4:

Moody (I just call him that for short) came from a horrific cat hoarding situation that made the local news/Washington Post.
I can definitely relate to your above quote since our Carleton also came from a terrible hoarder that was reported on the news and in the newspaper. I can understand you wanting to do everything in your power to give him a loving, attentive home. :heartshape: