Introducing a new cat.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
All I can suggest is prayer and donations to the international red cross we will keep our heads down
I've been going to donate to the Red Cross, but hadn't gotten around to it yet. But I'm going to do it right now.

Stay safe. My thoughts are with you and your human and feline family. :redheartpump::redheartpump::redheartpump:

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for your mail, it means a lot to hear this support. Aza and Cora are still getting along amazingly well I was trying to feed Cora tonight at one end of the kitchen while Alina was getting ready to feed Aza and Belle at the door but I ended up with Cora and Aza wrapping themselves around my legs, very sweet. Cora is still hissing at Belle every time they see each other but as long as we watch nothing has escalated. We need to be very aware that it's Belle who is being the aggressor and when Cora is trying to get away it sounds absolutely dreadful but Cora can jump onto the fridge and the kitchen units where Belle only gets up there if we put a scratching post in place for her to use as a ladder so Cora has a safe place to retreat to and it's high level for superiority. We will keep trying to wear them down as much as we can in case we have to take to the underground parking but at present we are ok in our apartment.

The vermin repellent is working and the Russian Rats and their Belarusian fleas are still outside the city thanks God!

Paul and Alina
Kiev
"Thanks for your mail," - THANK YOU for checking in and letting us know you are ok!!! You, Alina, Aza, Belle, Cora and your family are constantly in my thoughts and in my prayers.

" it means a lot to hear this support." - I WISH more could be done.

"Aza and Cora are still getting along amazingly well I was trying to feed Cora tonight at one end of the kitchen while Alina was getting ready to feed Aza and Belle at the door but I ended up with Cora and Aza wrapping themselves around my legs, very sweet." - GREAT and AWWWWWWWWW. SO ADORABLE and SWEET!!!

" Cora is still hissing at Belle every time they see each other but as long as we watch nothing has escalated." - OK, as long as it is only a hiss and the hiss is respected and there is no escalation that is fine.

"We need to be very aware that it's Belle who is being the aggressor" - Yes, that is normal for a resident cat since it is their territory having to be shared.

" and when Cora is trying to get away it sounds absolutely dreadful" - Yes, very common

" but Cora can jump onto the fridge and the kitchen units where Belle only gets up there if we put a scratching post in place for her to use as a ladder so Cora has a safe place to retreat to and it's high level for superiority." - GREAT!!! Exactly why we like to use places to go high.

" We will keep trying to wear them down as much as we can in case we have to take to the underground parking" - Ok. Just do your best.

" but at present we are ok in our apartment." - I HOPE AND PRAY that continues.

"The vermin repellent is working and the Russian Rats and their Belarusian fleas are still outside the city thanks God!" - We are so amazed at the people and the military and the efforts put forward to defend your territory. I hope and pray more help comes and they go back to their own territory.

"Thank you, We are in Solomonski Raion which is south and west of the centre" - Oh my. I am very worried about where you are. We heard about a strike on a heating distribution site by the train station. :( The Russians are not only not capable of being precise but they also don't care and sometimes even intentionally target innocent people. :(

" but the Russians are currently to the north apparently they haven't been able to advance south at all today," - Yes. US Intelligence thinks they are "regrouping" and will try to move south and eventually surround the city and shell the city before moving into street to street. :(

"we manage to get out today to a local supermarket and were able to stock up very well and share with an old friend of Alina's, Rita is 86 and lives on her own with a tiny pension so she is going to be ok for a week or so." - I am so glad to hear that. It is So WONDERFUL of you to help someone in need. It is more than heartbreaking to hear about all the innocent people at risk.

Is there any chance of being able to safely move to a safer location?

"All I can suggest is prayer" - I am praying as much as I can for you, your family and everyone in Ukraine.

" and donations to the international red cross" - Yes, the world will step up.

" we will keep our heads down " - Please be safe. I wish you could get body armor, helmets, etc.

I pray the allies help and that the evil cancerous devil realizes he has already lost and stops this immoral and senseless war.

All my prayers!!! You and everyone in Ukraine are constantly in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you so much for letting us know you are safe!!! May God protect you, your family, friends and everyone in Ukraine.

🇺🇦 GLORY TO UKRAINE!!! 🇺🇦

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have been to the International Red Cross site, and made a donation. Not nearly as much as I would wish, but all that I could. Remember that all of us here are keeping you and your entire family (including, of course, the cats) close in our hearts. Let us know you are safe as you can. We are with you. I have never, in 69 years, been so proud of another country as I am of Ukraine.

1646381441686.png

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have been to the International Red Cross site, and made a donation. Not nearly as much as I would wish, but all that I could. Remember that all of us here are keeping you and your entire family (including, of course, the cats) close in our hearts. Let us know you are safe as you can. We are with you. I have never, in 69 years, been so proud of another country as I am of Ukraine.

View attachment 412608
THANK YOU!!! :redheartpump: If we all do what we can we can help.

I saw video of some Intl Red Cross deliveries in a city in Ukraine already. I am not sure of which city whether it was Kherson or Mariupol. So desperately needed sadly. I was so happy to see the donations helping.

I will second how proud I am of the people in Ukraine. The kindness towards others, helping others, looking out for others. The good is showing. The USA and all good countries in the world would be proud to have more Ukrainians as citizens. Hopefully we find the Ukrainian spirit in ourselves. In all the ugliness and immorality pursued by the Devil terrorists there is good, it is showing. And also all those good people trying to help from Poland and other European countries to ease the pain and suffering.

The world is shocked and horrified at this despicable, horrific, immoral terrorist activity. I wish I had the answers, I wish I did not feel so helpless. I wish those with the ability do more to end this (both inside and outside Russia) will do what is needed. No one is better off with this going on. 😭

My prayers are constant for you Paul and Alina and for Aza, Belle and Cora and for your family, friends and all Ukrainians. Good will defeat evil. Please stay safe Paul. You are such a WONDERFUL person, I admire all you have done and all you are doing. I am so proud of you as a person, as a friend. With all my and our love. :redheartpump:

🇺🇦 GLORY TO UKRAINE 🇺🇦

🇺🇦 GLORY TO THE HEROES 🇺🇦

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Back in 2014 when the euro maidan movement started trying to overthrow Yanokovitch we were shocked and disgusted at the western politicians and reporters, so he leaned towards Russia they were ukraines biggest trading partner so he was a crook every Ukrainian politician with the pro able exception of Zelenski has been crooked and how would America have reacted if the Russian ambassador turned up at an anti president demo in DC. We supported the lpr and dpr because the majority of those regions are ethnic Russians we supported the crime and referendum because we knew that until 1955 Crimea was Russian territory we experienced the anti Russian attitudes cutting us off from our favourite TV channels and so on and it all seemed reasonable even 2 weeks ago we were sure Putinwas just going to reinforce the Dpr and Lpr very few people believed the warnings and now we are stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey. We can't run even if we want to because you can't buy gas so we are going to stay and pray. Today we went to vologagradski Street to deliver catfood and kitty litter to a friend who had run out and we passed roadblocks with tank traps and signs saying mines so everything is a bit more alarming than yesterday having said that our home in Levanevskogo Street is not very close to any strategic targets and unless Putin decides to level the whole city we should be ok. I am not afraid to die but I am afraid to die leaving Alina or the cats alone

Paul

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Back in 2014 when the euro maidan movement started trying to overthrow Yanokovitch we were shocked and disgusted at the western politicians and reporters, so he leaned towards Russia they were ukraines biggest trading partner so he was a crook every Ukrainian politician with the pro able exception of Zelenski has been crooked and how would America have reacted if the Russian ambassador turned up at an anti president demo in DC. We supported the lpr and dpr because the majority of those regions are ethnic Russians we supported the crime and referendum because we knew that until 1955 Crimea was Russian territory we experienced the anti Russian attitudes cutting us off from our favourite TV channels and so on and it all seemed reasonable even 2 weeks ago we were sure Putinwas just going to reinforce the Dpr and Lpr very few people believed the warnings and now we are stuffed like a thanksgiving turkey. We can't run even if we want to because you can't buy gas so we are going to stay and pray. Today we went to vologagradski Street to deliver catfood and kitty litter to a friend who had run out and we passed roadblocks with tank traps and signs saying mines so everything is a bit more alarming than yesterday having said that our home in Levanevskogo Street is not very close to any strategic targets and unless Putin decides to level the whole city we should be ok. I am not afraid to die but I am afraid to die leaving Alina or the cats alone

Paul
Paul,

I read this and my heart breaks. I am crying. I have said a prayer for you all again. What we are seeing on the television leads to tears too often to admit. The feelings of anger, rage, hate, sadness, is swirling in our hearts. We will never be the same.

I am so PROUD of you and admire you for helping others in these times. I know it doesn't help but I think the world of you and all you are doing for everyone around you. A life lived with love, caring, kindness, respect is a life well lived regardless of how long or short. The feeling of true love is so special and such a gift. A life filled with hate, anger, paranoia, fear, cowardice, insecurity and PURE EVIL like Putin is not life, they are dead regardless of how long they are physically here and a special place in hell is reserved for them.

I wish I could say or do something, anything to help. My next cats I am going to name Paul, Alina, Aza, Belle and Cora. I am going to give all my inside and feral cats extra love with you all in mind and try to rescue more cats with you all in mind in the short time I have left on this earth. And help save other cats on this site and in other places.

I have faith we will get through this and there will be better times in the future. My prayers will continue and I believe they will be answered. I am better for knowing you and look forward to talking more for as long as I am on earth. Please keep in touch as possible. I do think the cats are basically intro'd. You have done such a great job with them. Giving them such love and such a wonderful life. That is what life is all about. Love and caring and kindness.

Prayers and love to you all. :redheartpump:

Last edited:

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks to you all for your support, please boycott allrussian products and services, before you fill up with gas contact the company and see if they use Russian oil, if they do boycott them and TELL THEM WHY! please don't complain about increased gas and energy prices if you are in Europe cutting off Russian income from the rest of the world is as important as sending weapons and medicine to Ukraine

Please spread this across the world as wide as you can

Paul

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Paul: I'm also crying reading your post. I cannot even imagine what it must be like living there now. 🤗

Gasoline and oil prices are skyrocketing here in Canada, and yet I was just reading on a local forum that folks here are trying not to complain about the increases, and to put the blame where it belongs.

Not sure if this would be helpful to you, or anyone you know, but yesterday Canada introduced new immigration streams for Ukrainians who want to come to Canada temporarily or permanently. More info here:
Canada to welcome those fleeing the war in Ukraine - Canada.ca

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to you all for your support, please boycott allrussian products and services, before you fill up with gas contact the company and see if they use Russian oil, if they do boycott them and TELL THEM WHY! please don't complain about increased gas and energy prices if you are in Europe cutting off Russian income from the rest of the world is as important as sending weapons and medicine to Ukraine

Please spread this across the world as wide as you can

Paul
"Thanks to you all for your support," - You are welcome, I WISH it was more.

" please boycott allrussian products and services, before you fill up with gas contact the company and see if they use Russian oil," - ABSOLUTELY!!! Luckily the US imports very little AND I HOPE that all Russian oil and gas will be banned immediately.

" if they do boycott them and TELL THEM WHY! " - Exactly

"please don't complain about increased gas and energy prices if you are in Europe cutting off Russian income from the rest of the world" - I am not in Europe so my financial sacrifice is not much at all but if people can sacrifice that is appreciated. At least use less energy if at all possible. No money is worth accepting terroristic activity like what Putin is doing.

" is as important as sending weapons and medicine to Ukraine" - Well, cutting off their financial support is important over the longer term but I would say defensive weapons, food, medicine, body armor, helmets. no fly zone, personnel, weapons to shoot down missiles are desperately needed now. Maybe Putin and Lavrov want to die in WWIII but maybe the people around him don't and therefore would stop him from preemptively launch a nuclear strike. The West would not strike first. The West wants any good people in Russia and elsewhere to have better and long lives.

I will not buy anything Russian until the war is over and the leadership is replaced with decent people.

"Please spread this across the world as wide as you can" - Agreed. The world sees the horror. The world stands and supports Ukraine. The world needs to act to stop it now rather then just use words in my opinion.

Many people that know a lot think the Russian economy will be destroyed with defaults, hyperinflation, etc. Their quality of life will deteriorate if Putin does not stop this war. Of course, Putin doesn't care about his people. And the Oligarchs are getting their toys and wealth confiscated including 2 boats worth $1Bn. Someone in Russia needs to stop Putin or not accept the orders he is giving.

I am SO PROUD of Canada and other countries for welcoming those Ukrainians to a new land, a new home, a new life. I HOPE the USA does the same. It will make the country better!!

Last edited:

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I have read about thw WW2 spirit, I feel that now.
I was in Houston during the Cuban Missile Crisis.
I will be looking up how to do what I can. I like the boycotting companies who buy russian oil.
I have more to say but have to leave the house now.
Sending much energy to Ukraine and you, Paul Alina Aza Belle and Cora.

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
One of our neighbors has left Kiev for their dascha in a village to the south about 30 mins away, we are now feeding their 3 Scottish folds, Artillery is louder but the BBC tells us that it's no closer. President Zelenski is asking for a no fly zone or air defense systems to even things up a bit, please ask your governments for help.

In addition I learnt yesterday that SHELL are still buying Russian crude oil, please can you boycott them AND TELL THEM WHY.

I am not yet scared but very concerned, praying constantly for the military support the EU has promised and hoping that the civilised world will not abandon us

Paul
Kiev

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of our neighbors has left Kiev for their dascha in a village to the south about 30 mins away, we are now feeding their 3 Scottish folds, Artillery is louder but the BBC tells us that it's no closer. President Zelenski is asking for a no fly zone or air defense systems to even things up a bit, please ask your governments for help.

In addition I learnt yesterday that SHELL are still buying Russian crude oil, please can you boycott them AND TELL THEM WHY.

I am not yet scared but very concerned, praying constantly for the military support the EU has promised and hoping that the civilised world will not abandon us

Paul
Kiev
"One of our neighbors has left Kiev for their dascha in a village to the south about 30 mins away, we are now feeding their 3 Scottish folds," - You are WONDERFUL to do that, to care for the cats. I am seeing a lot of Scottish Folds in Ukraine on the Television. PLEASE be safe.

" Artillery is louder but the BBC tells us that it's no closer." - Thank goodness it is not closer. We need to destroy that artillery!!

"President Zelenski is asking for a no fly zone or air defense systems to even things up a bit, please ask your governments for help." - We are. I have contacted my Representative and my Senators. I am so angry at the lack of action.

"In addition I learnt yesterday that SHELL are still buying Russian crude oil, please can you boycott them AND TELL THEM WHY." - Yes, they are. Disgusting and despicable.

"I am not yet scared but very concerned," - :( I am so sorry.

" praying constantly for the military support the EU has promised" - Yes, AGREED!! And I believe the US did from back in the 90s when Ukraine gave up their nuclear weapons.

If not for Ukraine then for themselves. If every time the devil says I will take this and if you say no I have my nukes then what will anyone have????

" and hoping that the civilised world will not abandon us " - I am as well. Words and sorrow are not enough to stop this killing. Sanctions will not stop it. The devil only responds to greater force. I am so angry we sit by. I understand the concerns about WWIII but if we allow these war crimes how can we live with ourselves????? Putin may or may not want to die in a nuclear war but do his top staff, Generals? THEY need to stop Putin and if they don't then the West does in my opinion.

I am so sorry Paul. But that doesn't help. Just know that you are loved and all the good you have done and are doing is admired and respected. You are a greater man than Putin the Devil could ever be. Putin the Devil has a special place in hell. In the meantime he has to live with himself. There is no greater punishment. I am praying all the time for you, Alina, the cats and all the people and animals in Ukraine. I wish I had an answer, I wish a miracle will happen.

God Bless you Paul and Alina and all the people and animals in Ukraine. Please try to stay safe and do what is needed to stay safe. Please stay in touch if at all possible so we know you are all safe. Thank you for this message. I am thinking of you all constantly and praying.

Paul9856

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just back from our neighbours apartment - their cats are fine, very pretty but oh my word talk about over weight !
The first is Richie, then Koshka (Just means female cat but it's got lovely sub meanings think Kitty) and finallyTimmi - he is definitely a big boy !!!
20220307_190331[1].jpg
20220308_122328[1].jpg
20220307_192052[1].jpg