I'm Depressed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm forcing myself to go to work today. I have a sudden urge to stay home. It's so overwhelming, it's frightening.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Our thoughts are with you today. Maybe once you get out and get your day going, you will feel better.

I don't know if it would help with depression as I am not diagnosed with that, but I like to sit and color. I have several of the new adult coloring books. My favorite of course, is of cats. It clears my mind and helps me to relax.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I was having a panic attack. It hasn't completely subsided, but I'm on my way to work.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been cooking today. Even if it's just been eggs and macaroni, it's better than using the microwave all the time.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I think I was having a panic attack. It hasn't completely subsided, but I'm on my way to work.
I've been cooking today. Even if it's just been eggs and macaroni, it's better than using the microwave all the time.
:cheerleader::bouquet::cheerleader::bouquet: These are great accomplishments - I've been there and can't tell you how many times I just couldn't make it into work. I know it's been a few days and I'm late in commenting but it's still not too late to give yourself credit for getting there. :clap::clap::clap:

You are so right about actual cooking vs popping stuff in the microwave. That's one way that I knew I was getting better. It's so much easier to just go the passive route but made yourself get up and do something. It seems like such a little thing, but it's really not, not to someone who has depression sucking at their energy. Good for you!:cheerleader::cheerleader::cheerleader:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today was not a good day.

Sometimes, I feel sorry for my cats. I'm sorry they got stuck with a human who stays in bed most of the time.

Kitty Mommy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm sure they love having you around. I'm sorry you are feeling down again. Give your kitties lots of loves. They will help you get through this. :alright:

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I possibly have school to look forward to. I'm definitely getting a cortisone injection next month, and I'm hoping it kills the back pain. I haven't had a pain-free day since I was sixteen.

I just need to know about my SSI decision. If I'm approved, fantastic! If not, I've decided to stop there. I've been trying for three years, and I don't need any further stress from it.

Oh, and I'd greatly appreciate it if the Celexa would kindly kick in.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just had to call off. On top of everything else, this tooth and jaw pain will make work impossible today :frown:

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ Tooth & jaw pain ? Have you tried wearing a dental guard at night while sleeping ? You may be clenching your teeth when asleep . Very common with stress .

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The tooth itself doesn't look good. To my untrained eye, it doesn't look like it can be saved.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I managed to get one thing accomplished today. I've submitted my application to West Virginia Junior College.

Katie M

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've got ballet on the brain today. I wanted to be a ballerina when I was little, and even started classes when I was four. That ended quickly because I was by far the youngest in class and wasn't very good at following directions :doh:

Even if I had stayed, I think the deterioration of my back and joints were genetically preprogrammed. I would've had to quit eventually.

I'm not a "sporty" person by any stretch of the imagination. There are moments, though, when I think about ballet-and wish my body were capable of it.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
~ What about writing, painting or drawing about what you like ? I remember many years ago an artist in a wheelchair loved snow skiing . Obviously he could not participate but he painted beautiful pictures of snowy mountainsides and the skiers .
I always liked his thinking about life ... ✨

Last edited:

LadyBlue

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Right now, I'm lying in bed. I have things to do around the apartment, things I've been putting off for a week. I finally decided to get started, only to immediately change my mind.
I'm so sorry that you are going through this ... I suffer from clinical depression {and many other types as well} My advise is to get to a good doctors or shrink so that they can start helping you ..perhaps with medication { I would be dead without it} It is very hard to find a good doctor and its hell while they try to find the best treatment for you. Please reach out to friends or family that you think will be understanding and supportive of you through this nightmare my doctor told me to get a sphinx cat ....as a therapy cat which has now led me to this wonderful site. Please remember that you are not alone with this .... God Bless ..... { as I shoot up a prayer for you } ..... {Be good to yourself because you are worth it}
I've been prone to depression in the past, but this feels so much worse. This has not been a good year overall, what with personal setback after setback, and the political situation. I'm angry and sad by turns.

I have a job, and I should be grateful for it. I work for wonderful people. But when I'm there, all I can think about is going home and going to bed. Despite all my time in bed, I've lost countless hours of sleep.

I've got physical issues that leave me in constant pain. I'm 30 years old and feel twice my age.

Don't worry, I'm not neglecting my cats. I'm neglecting myself. I'm not eating like I know I should, but I can't seem to find the motivation anymore to make anything that isn't microwaveable. I've lost weight that I can't afford to lose.

I love movies, yet lately I'll decide to watch one, only to instantly change my mind and crawl in bed instead. I hate that I'm losing interest in something that mattered to me.

I'm sorry, but I felt I needed to unload all of this. All I know is that something's very wrong with me.

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My heart and prayers are with you. I know all too well the feelings and the helplessness that you have going on.
I told my dr I was smiling on tbe outside and crying on the inside! Health issues can be the worst but there are also supporrt groups that will make you realize that we all have struggles. We are humans and deal with the fun, the miserable and all between. I wish you well and know we are here for you!

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It turns out the reason I was worsening was because the Paxil was messing with my nervous system and making me extremely lethargic. The doctor has told me to stop taking it, and he'll find something else for me by my next appointment.
I had Paxil once a long time ago, but I forget what it did to me that I had to quite. The one that helped me was Effexor XL, but I had such a horrible time getting off it I'll never take it again, no matter how bad I get. I'm taking Wellbutrin at the moment. It doesn't work any where near as well as the Effexor did, but it helps with my OCD issues. I don't even take it every day.

I hope you can find one that works for you. Don't give up. It's good you have a doctor who listens to you!