I Just Adopted A Bengal Kitten

Shaestof

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
52C38984-FD37-49C6-878A-A349654CAEC0.jpeg
hi everybody here...

I am new to here and just adopted a Bengal kitten? Though he looks more like a Savannah to me in some ways.

He is social, friendly and he wanna play with my other cat first day he got home!
90CB2021-B60E-49C7-9151-3740DCA84EEB.jpeg

D2E2222D-415A-4453-AE21-3EDFB447405A.jpeg
ACA262D2-4FA8-4BDA-8AD3-7B58FF6C3B05.jpeg

020A8FB0-AEFB-4E95-9CDC-1539F6229F9C.jpeg

E4278AD1-4F2B-4D46-9237-CA3C8027D8DB.jpeg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is very handsome, and it's great that he gets along with your other cat!

Did he come from a breeder? The "broken mackerel" tabby pattern (some stripes and some spots) is pretty common in the domestic cat population, so unless you got him from a breeder my guess would be he's a lovely brown tabby domestic shorthair; I'm not really seeing either Bengal or Savannah in him.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shaestof

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes it’s from the breeder. I’m not familiar with the breed but was just curious that most people think he is more like a Savannah than a Bengal

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perhaps the breeder is using outcrosses from another breed and that is why he doesn't have a typical Bengal appearance? Does the breeder work with other breeds also? Some Bengal breeders also have Savannahs, and Savannah breeders often have other breeds that they combine with the Savannah... Early generation male hybrids are normally not fertile, so some breeders use late generation hybrid males with their females, while others use males from other breeds.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to all THREE of you...you, your new baby, and your resident cat! What are your kitties' names?

He's a handsome fellow, no matter what his background may be. While MOST Bengals have a "wilder" look, as you get further down the F scale, you can see a wider variety of coat patterns. I've seen a couple who looked very like your boy, but who were papered. So long as he gets along well with your family and your resident cat, my best advice is to just relax and enjoy!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
DFE34C0D-CAB9-4751-82D6-56D567F823BC.gif
Shaestof and kitties, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
71716569-F4FE-44D4-B101-F945633F7A81.gif
to you all.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

To get an exact description of your cat, you can start a new thread and post your questions here in ://thecatsite.com/forums/describing-cats-what-does-my-cat-look-like.5809/ where more members frequent and those that have experience in that area may be able to help you answer your questions regarding your kitty.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! Your new kitty is stunning!

Since he came from a breeder, do you have his papers? That should verify if he’s a Bengal.

Shaestof

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He is
Welcome to TCS! Your new kitty is stunning!

Since he came from a breeder, do you have his papers? That should verify if he’s a Bengal.
for some odd reason they refused because they had bad experience of people reselling the kittens for higher price etc?

Shaestof

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
EEBCD678-A155-49B1-8AF5-C087B12BDD00.jpeg
Day 2 with him. He played with his older brother Koko all day. Surprised that they didn’t get into a fight nor hissing each other non stop. But I still separate them through the night since Koko sleeps with me. I did spend an hour cuddling him before I go to bed. I was texting my friend when I was petting him he got upset and slapped my phone away lol.
B9C6F957-2045-4A98-B35B-E4CAE51EEB01.jpeg
F209C4F8-64F8-46F1-A438-2917F43651B1.jpeg

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
for some odd reason they refused because they had bad experience of people reselling the kittens for higher price etc?
When you buy a purebred kitten from a breeder, you are entitled to get the pedigree and registration papers. Do you have a contract with the breeder? Sometimes the contract requires the kitten to be spayed/neutered before the breeder will give you the papers, and that is normal; but after the kitten is neutered, the breeder must give you his papers.

Shaestof

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
When you buy a purebred kitten from a breeder, you are entitled to get the pedigree and registration papers. Do you have a contract with the breeder? Sometimes the contract requires the kitten to be spayed/neutered before the breeder will give you the papers, and that is normal; but after the kitten is neutered, the breeder must give you his papers.
I didn’t buy. I actually got this kitten for free so I didn’t want to keep asking too many question either. All I have is his medical history that all vaccines are up to date etc.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No papers+free=not a bengal or savannah imo, I don't see either breed being obvious in your kitten. They are likely lying to you to get rid of unwanted kittens or believe it because someone equally uneducated told them it was a bengal. What breeder of purebreds gives away unfixed unpapered kittens?

He's gorgeous with a great pattern, but it's also a pattern completely normal for tabbies, there's a couple like him in my local pound all the time. Sounds like a nice friendly boy and your other kitten is quite a beauty too from the looks of it.

Shaestof

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I see. Thank you you all for the replies. I still love this little guy regardless :flail: I’m just glad the boys can get along since I always feel bad locking up the kitty in the room for the first few weeks

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah that is amazing they get on so well right off the bat! I thought adding my second kitty went pretty well and it took a couple weeks before I'd trust them together unsupervised and months before they actually seemed to like each other. Now they seem like siblings, lots of wrestling and play fighting but also cuddle at times. What did you end up naming him?

Shaestof

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yeah that is amazing they get on so well right off the bat! I thought adding my second kitty went pretty well and it took a couple weeks before I'd trust them together unsupervised and months before they actually seemed to like each other. Now they seem like siblings, lots of wrestling and play fighting but also cuddle at times. What did you end up naming him?
I think we gonna name him BamBam. I just came across few cats waiting to get adopted and not sure if that’s a good idea. One is 10 year old Bengal, one is 7 year old Savannah (with papers) and some 3 months old bengals. I won’t mind having two more but since Koko and Bambam just get to know each other.. I feel like it gonna be too much to have few more new cats to the house.

goingpostal

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Personally I'd wait a bit and let them adjust, there are always cats in need of homes, I know how hard it is wanting more though, I find myself looking at cats all the time but prefer to wait at least a year in-between additions. Hybrid cats get rehomed a lot because people love the look but not the noise, energy or behavioral issues that tend to come with so there's no shortage of those in need either. BamBam is a great name, hopefully he doesn't live up to it and make a ton of noise all the time! I have the worst luck with mischievously named pets living up to them.