I Got My Feral In The House Today!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Just to add on, not all cats are lap cats and not all cats like to be petted, well, maybe some for a short while and some maybe not.

So don’t be disheartened if this should happen. Remember, it’s on their terms and not ours. This is a very strict rule we have to follow.

Also, don’t forget to do the slow eye blinking first before you try to stroke her. Make sure she does a return blink. If she does that, you are almost there already.

WonderY

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought some of that catnip spray, she still won't go on the cat tree, She is taking a lot longer
to socialize than anyone here, I'm going to hang in there, but I can't help but feel like I'm not doing enough.
I need to get her to use a scratching post, I'm going to try and get one of those scratch mats to see if that works.
she's been using my leather couches that have green tape all over them now.

should I try fresh catnip? I'm going to give her another month before I panic, March 10th will be 2 months.
I need to get on putting the catio in the window so she can go out, do you think that will help or hinder?
Sorry Walli, just getting to this...was not popping up on my threads. I've never used sprays, just plain old can of catnip. With Silo, one of the first breakthroughs on petting him was me dipping my whole hand into it and slowly inching up. I'm not sure if the catio..don't have one so I don't know how much impact that would make...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
can't wait! sounds wonderful!
and thanks WonderY!
I really think we are moving forward, just very slowly
I was telling my husband, It could take her a year, just like it did when she was outside

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
couple of positive things with Walli:
she's been playing in the bathtub at night for some reason, I put a cat toy in the tub last night
this morning it was in the kitchen, hee hee.
I think she is one of those cats that picks up toys with her mouth, I have never had a cat that did this.
She moves toys around quite a bit.
I put the cat treats on the 2nd tier of the cat tree last night and she got them.
yay walli!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Help!!!!!
A Cat/Kitten showed up at my house today, I'm freaking out!!
It is not a feral, I posted a found ad on craigslist, what if no one claims him?
He appears to be an un nuetered kitten about 6 months old, My fear is having to take in another cat
what if Walli doesn't like him, I don't know how to do this.
This cat is so friendly he was all around my legs meowing, I can pick him up, it is lost or abandoned.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will do that, I feel bad leaving him outside but I had to go to work
worst case my dad will take him till I can figure this out.
I would like a friend for Walli, do you think Walli will like him? (like you would know) Desperate here:lol:

lab mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've heard that it can be hard to put cats together, but it's really up to them and I think worth trying. As we know that it is all up to them....its a cats world and we just live in it ;-). Try seeing if he has a home and just got out. But then you can always try to see if the can be friends. Good luck!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's like were cat magnets, I'm not so freaking out so much now that my dad said he could take
him at least till I get this figured out.
#1 Try to find owner-check for microchip
#2 Neutered and vaccinated if no owner
#3 Not sure:lol:
Thanks you guys I will need your help

lab mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Your doing great! I think the more the merrier and another cat you saved from a tough life on the streets....is how look at it!
Plus they do seem to do better when they have a friend to spend life with. Keep us posted! Yep I think I am a cat magnet...they know who to go to for help!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
came home for lunch, I have him in the garage, he chowed on some canned food.
I posted Lost Cat on Craigs list, should I post anywhere else?

lab mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
In the Denver area, we have a lost animals page where people put stuff up. You might call the local pound and see if they have a website for you to post a picture...the chip is the main thing but if he is not neutered he may not have seen a vet yet. I hope you find his family if he has one.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried NextDoor? I guess you have to be a big town though, my town's not even on there.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yes we have next door, I will try it and the local shelter.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Posted on Next door, Kitty does not have a chip
has feas, gave it flea treatment, This is the most well behaved kitty I have ever met!
I'm freaking out again, I need to get Walli to the vet more than ever now, to get bloodwork
and vaccinated, I'm dreading the thought of forcing her into the canvas crate thingy,
Kitty is in the garage for now till the fleas go away, the new flea medicine works in 30 mins, wow!
I put kitty in the canvas crate and set it on top of Walli's bed (I know) but the kitty purred and
Walli didn't hiss, hmmm
So If I don't find an owner, I have to get both of these cats to the vet! Kitty is no problem
Just Walli

I also need recommendations for cat gates?

Last edited: