I Got My Feral In The House Today!

lab mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So maybe you can find a vet that does house calls, it might be easier than trying to take her. The other good thing, is that the kitten is friendly and trusting..it might help Walli learn from the kitten and begin to trust more.
We rescued a pregnant feral last spring and my mom decided to keep her and her kitten and now they are both awesome cats and she can't cuddle and love enough ...but she imitated her kitten and learned a lot through him.
You're doing great...hang in there!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you! Yes I think a house call is the way to go, I can't force her into a crate at this point
it's like that is what she is waiting for-something bad to happen.
What do you guys think about this:
If I can't find the owner of the kitten, I can get him neutered, vaccinated, bloodwork, etc...
Will this buy me some time getting Walli vaccinated?

I gave the Kitten Flea Treatment yesterday it was the Cherastin, read some horror stories after the fact,
but didn't have any problems, gave him a bath this morning.
This is the most easy going cat, but Walli is be my priority.

So weird how your life can change in a day.
Trying not to get my hopes up (what the heck) :lol: I read the thread about someone else finding a cat
and the owners came by.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know it sounds weird, I left him in the garage last night because of the fleas
The instructions said kills 98-100% of fleas within 12 hours,
I didn't want to leave him in the garage today, He was pretty filthy and I figured he had flea residue?
so I gave him a bath and put him in our office. I know, I'm worried about it too.

going to try and get the gates today, sheesh I don't have time to work!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well hopefully the flea meds didn't wash off. I never had to bathe my 2 feral cats. They were disgusting looking, since they came straight from the woods, Maggie looked like a caveman. But once they came into contact with humans, they started grooming themselves, I'm not sure why. They looked like they had never groomed themselves before in life, they were so dirty and scruffy!

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to know that you don't bathe your Ferals, I don't think Walli will ever get a bath.
I am worried that I washed off the flea treatment. I will try and Flea comb him today.

lab mom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is it going? Any word on the kitten finding his owner? Hope all is going well.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No not yet, weird this is the most lovable friendly kitten.
I figured I better keep trying to find the owner, because I would want somebody to try their best if I lost a cat.
She is in the office that has a sliding glass door, so I know Walli and Kitty saw each other last night
Don't see anything bad with Walli this morning, I am keeping an eye out, I don't want Walli to feel bad about this.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I like using people names for cats. Do you want a people name? Where did you get the name Walli?

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I first got Walli, I found a lost cat on craigs list that looked like Walli
and his name was Wally, I didn't know Walli was a girl (and Feral) at the time.
So I kept calling her Wally to see if it was him, when I TNR'd her I found
out Wally was a Walli :lol:

The Feral Cat Coalition contacted me, and they hooked me up with someone that will
come to the house and vaccinate Walli! yay! I will still have to get her blood work tho.
I'm really overwhelmed with kitty and Walli right now-but I'm getting through it.
I'm really shocked that someone isn't looking for this kitty, I'm going to put up signs today.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ha, great story about Wally/Walli! That's wonderful that they will come to the house to vaccinate. How come they didn't vaccinate when they did the TNR? You may have already told us, but I don't feel like reading back through 7 pages to find out. :D

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know that is what I was told was going to happen, but when I got there they told me spay only.
When I talked to the lady at the Feral Cat Coalition looking for a vet, she asked me the same thing, maybe that's why she is helping me? It's really hard to find a vet in San Diego who will sedate a cat for an office visit.

walli

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Joey it is!
I like Holden, I'd probably start calling him Holdy tho, I always add a y to the end :lol:
I'm already into kitty for 160$ this week, had to buy a cat carrier and flea drops.
I'm thinking about going ahead and getting him neutered, if owner shows up I will ask that
they pay for that, I'm thinking he should of already been neutered.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to ask if you were sure it's a boy, but I guess he's probably old enough to be able to tell from his back side. :D

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Great name, Joey. I like cat names that end in "y" sound too. You know, like, Ruby. :D

I'm thinking little Joey may be a "dumped" stray. Or at least not a very loved pet. It was his lucky day when he wandered into your life. :petcat: And in the long run, may make for a happier life for Walli too. :catlove: Hopefully. :crossfingers: