How Is Your Cat Pampered? Tell Me About Your Pampered Prince Or Princess!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is vey spoiled...

I feel he was abused, or placed in a closet or bathroom, when he "acted up"...

I am in love with him.. not my soul-mate, Artie.... but he is so sweet..

Geoffrey's voice really gets on my nerves~~ so high pitched, constant meowing, and waking me during the night-- so needy...

But, I love him...

He is spoiled because, as soon as I get out of bed, in the morning... we PLAY!!!!!!!! somewhere from 20-30 minutes..
This has become a ritual, which he is impatient to enact...

Yes, Geoffrey is spoiled: I pet him when he wants it.. I play with him when he wants it... I give him the food he wants--although, at this point, I am uncertain WHAT he wants...

Geoffrey will never replace my soul-cat, Artie...but, he is so sweet, so needy... I do love him.. and will do anything I need to do to make him happy, safe, and healthy...

Geoffrey is a lot younger than Artie was, when I adopted each of the. Artie was 8 years old. He was so much easier, in so many ways...

Geoffrey is only around, 3 years old...and a challenge..

but, I love him, and will spoil him as to whatever he wants..

OMG.. I feel as if I hijacked this thread..

So Sorry.. but, I love Geoffrey and will spoil him, as much as I can, and as long as I am able to do so....
I often wonder how your two are doing, and I can never get too much news about how Geoffrey is liking his new home and family!!!
SO glad to hear this good news. *And as for your relationship, it's so new yet. You just never know how it will blossom. My beloved Rani queen seemed so remote when she first joined us, and my bond with my beloved Simba had been SO deep. But over time, Rani and I bonded as deeply as Simba and I did, and I know that this can happen.*

Dolly2002

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Geoffrey is vey spoiled...

I feel he was abused, or placed in a closet or bathroom, when he "acted up"...

I am in love with him.. not my soul-mate, Artie.... but he is so sweet..

Geoffrey's voice really gets on my nerves~~ so high pitched, constant meowing, and waking me during the night-- so needy...

But, I love him...

He is spoiled because, as soon as I get out of bed, in the morning... we PLAY!!!!!!!! somewhere from 20-30 minutes..
This has become a ritual, which he is impatient to enact...

Yes, Geoffrey is spoiled: I pet him when he wants it.. I play with him when he wants it... I give him the food he wants--although, at this point, I am uncertain WHAT he wants...

Geoffrey will never replace my soul-cat, Artie...but, he is so sweet, so needy... I do love him.. and will do anything I need to do to make him happy, safe, and healthy...

Geoffrey is a lot younger than Artie was, when I adopted each of the. Artie was 8 years old. He was so much easier, in so many ways...

Geoffrey is only around, 3 years old...and a challenge..

but, I love him, and will spoil him as to whatever he wants..

OMG.. I feel as if I hijacked this thread..

So Sorry.. but, I love Geoffrey and will spoil him, as much as I can, and as long as I am able to do so....
It sounds like you have a great bond between you and your companion . No one can ever touch your soul companion mine is my dolly... But it doesn't mean that you can't love and bond again as I definitely have with my rest. I Love that you have gave him a great new home . Happy holidays everyone.

Saber_Wing

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boys usually take up more of the bed than I do when we sleep at night. Also, I had to buy multiple pet beds for my room when they started fighting over the one. Now they have one in practically every corner.

They decide when they get their wet food at night. They know that as soon as the sun has gone down, it's fair game, and if they meow loudly enough when I walk into the kitchen, they'll get their way.

Neji has always layed on the back of my kitchen chairs, ever since he was little. Even now that he's the size of a small house, it still hasn't stopped him. He has to cling to the upholstery to stay balanced, so there are tiny little puncture marks all along the top of the chair. I don't have the heart to stop him, he's so damn cute. And it's just a chair. This is his house too.

You know, I don't actually see any of this as them being spoiled. I just want them to have the best, happiest life possible while they're still here with me. Their lives are so ephemeral. I want to give them everything I can.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My boys usually take up more of the bed than I do when we sleep at night. Also, I had to buy multiple pet beds for my room when they started fighting over the one. Now they have one in practically every corner.

They decide when they get their wet food at night. They know that as soon as the sun has gone down, it's fair game, and if they meow loudly enough when I walk into the kitchen, they'll get their way.

Neji has always layed on the back of my kitchen chairs, ever since he was little. Even now that he's the size of a small house, it still hasn't stopped him. He has to cling to the upholstery to stay balanced, so there are tiny little puncture marks all along the top of the chair. I don't have the heart to stop him, he's so damn cute. And it's just a chair. This is his house too.

You know, I don't actually see any of this as them being spoiled. I just want them to have the best, happiest life possible while they're still here with me. Their lives are so ephemeral. I want to give them everything I can.
*Great minds think alike* and I'm sure there are quite a few of us who feel as you do about loving our cats and prioritizing them and their joy over material objects! That's what's so great about TCS.
Have you seen those blankets that say "Cat's Side" and "People's Side" or something similar? We have a California King bed for that reason. What they want, they get. I squeeze in somehow. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I hope everyone has had a wonderful holiday! Here's another example of how our babies are a bit pampered. On December 21st, my husband and I went to his parents' house for Christmas and stayed over one night. My brother-in-law got our kitties a cat tree that actually has a trunk and leaves like a tree. When we got it home on the 22nd, we kept it in the box, but the babies kept digging at it. So, for the first time ever, I took down the Christmas tree before Christmas (I gave in on the 24th) so that we would have room to put up the babies' new tree (which they love, so it was totally worth it ).

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
(I hope this doesnt come off as bragging-the question IS "how do you spoil your cat?") I only buy high end grain free food for her. My catfood bill is probably 100 a month easy (two single serving packages of wet food a day-breakfast and dinner, with an average price of 1.50 per can, plus i always have dry food in a dish available if shes hungry between meals. Shes anxious about food from her time as a stray and i never want her to feel hungry and afraid she wont get to eat).

If she doesnt like her dinner (only happens occasionally) i'll toss it and open her a new one.

Everytime i go to Petco she gets a new toy

Shes got the run of the house-shes allowed pretty much everywhere. Shes not shooed off furniture, ect.

She gets unlimited cuddles

I need to board her for the first time in a few weeks and its at the best/highest rated place in my city. I had a bad experience boarding my previous cat and am super picky.

She sleeps with me at night

I even let her indulge her weird prediliction of scratching her claws on my shoes-ive kept 2 old pairs purposely for this.

I dont have kids, so shes basically like my child, and i treat her accordingly. She's my lil Honeybun kitty :redheartpump:

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

I have a really nice leather office chair that Honeybunny loves climbing it and perching on top, which entails digging her claws into the leather.. Not only is she not shooed away, my reaction was to snap a pic, which is on the last page of the naughty cats pic thread :)

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
(I hope this doesnt come off as bragging-the question IS "how do you spoil your cat?") I only buy high end grain free food for her. My catfood bill is probably 100 a month easy (two single serving packages of wet food a day-breakfast and dinner, with an average price of 1.50 per can, plus i always have dry food in a dish available if shes hungry between meals. Shes anxious about food from her time as a stray and i never want her to feel hungry and afraid she wont get to eat).

If she doesnt like her dinner (only happens occasionally) i'll toss it and open her a new one.

Everytime i go to Petco she gets a new toy

Shes got the run of the house-shes allowed pretty much everywhere. Shes not shooed off furniture, ect.

She gets unlimited cuddles

I need to board her for the first time in a few weeks and its at the best/highest rated place in my city. I had a bad experience boarding my previous cat and am super picky.

She sleeps with me at night

I even let her indulge her weird prediliction of scratching her claws on my shoes-ive kept 2 old pairs purposely for this.

I dont have kids, so shes basically like my child, and i treat her accordingly. She's my lil Honeybun kitty :redheartpump:
It doesn't come across as bragging at all! What you are saying is exactly the reason I posted the thread. I love to see how much everyone loves their babies :happycat::redheartpump:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DaphnesMommy DaphnesMommy PIX PLS.!!! You can post some in the Pictures of Cats Enjoying Their Cat Trees thread, too...
Mer.kitten Mer.kitten That's not "spoiling". That's just Cat Care 101. Everyone should care for their cats and kittens like that, if they can afford it. And if not, they should be trying to find a way to afford it. :yess: Because unlike the people in those cosmetics ads, CATS ARE worth it.:yess:

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
DaphnesMommy DaphnesMommy PIX PLS.!!! You can post some in the Pictures of Cats Enjoying Their Cat Trees thread, too...
Mer.kitten Mer.kitten That's not "spoiling". That's just Cat Care 101. Everyone should care for their cats and kittens like that, if they can afford it. And if not, they should be trying to find a way to afford it. :yess: Because unlike the people in those cosmetics ads, CATS ARE worth it.:yess:
Seriously I hate waking up for work. What keeps me going is I have to buy their fancy raw food and Dr. Elsey's canned food and whatever else that is deemed necessary lol. I feel like a good chunk of my disposable income goes to them.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Seriously I hate waking up for work. What keeps me going is I have to buy their fancy raw food and Dr. Elsey's canned food and whatever else that is deemed necessary lol. I feel like a good chunk of my disposable income goes to them.
*...as well it should, kittyluv387 kittyluv387 . As well it should. I think that's what keeps a lot of us doing the things we must do to pay those bills. A better reason I could not think of.*

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Tarasgirl06. I could only manage to get a picture of Chloe on the new kitty tree. Where's Waldo? See below.

20181230_195454.jpg

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Molly is getting to be so spoiled! Though I'm doing my best not to train her to bad habits, since I can tell mom didn't always do so.... I built her a catio, because I wanted her to have an easier transition from outdoor only to indoor, and to still have safe outside time. I was also a bit worried about her trying to "go home" to her old territory, since it is only two miles away.....across a busy freeway. :eek2:

I generally spend anywhere from 1-6 hours a day giving her dedicated cuddles, though you'd never know to ask her lately. Something spooked her the other day, and she made a racket, so I went out to check. I'm pretty sure it was a passing outdoor cat, or possibly the wind that night, but Molly seemed to realize if she made enough noise, it might bring me outside. So now she's taken to yowling like she's in heat at all hours, trying to entice me outside again. I've tried telling her I know darn well she's not in heat, I was right on the other side of the glass wall when she got fixed, and I was volunteering in the recovery room too, but she doesn't understand that much English. :rolleyes:

So now, her meowing is actually cutting into cuddle time, because I've been firm, even when I feel like a monster for doing so, in not going out and giving her cuddles when she's yowling like that. I can check her enclosure through one-way curtains on windows on the wall shared with the house, so I do check that she hasn't knocked over her food or water, or had something go wrong with her litterbox before I settle in to ignore the caterwauling, but omg Molly. In waiting for her to stop meowing and wailing for at least a few minutes before I go out, it's shaving off a ton of time I could be spending cuddling her! But I do not want to teach her throwing a tantrum is the way to get pets, so.....:rolleyes2:

You would not believe the number of times I've tried to get her treats or toys, but she's INTENSELY cuddle motivated. I've never had a successful play session with her, and not for lack of trying! It's just that when there is a person there, that person could be PETTING HER, so there is zero interest in the toy. Saaaaaame for treats. The hand offering the treat could be PETTING HER, so it's just an annoyance. I've tried multiple brands of treats, dried bonito flakes, even chicken baby food. Nope. Petting is the only treat she wants. I even tried setting the treat on my leg instead of holding it....she batted the treat off my leg and laid right there, apparently offended the treat was trying to cut in on her cuddles. :lol:

It's gotten a bit cold outside, which my asthma doesn't like, so I've taken to bringing her inside for cuddles in my bedroom. I also find it makes it easier to cuddle her longer if I'm more comfortable, and the chair for me out in her catio wasn't the best. So now I set my alarm early so I have time to give her an hour or two of cuddling before work, and then I cuddle her after I get home, until she starts to get ansty or my own bladder gets full, then I put her back out into her catio to actually eat like she won't with me around, and to use the litterbox. But give her five minutes to pee and scarf some food and.....MEOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW! Mooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, you haven't petted me all day! I don't remember it was your day off and we had a four hour cuddle session this morning, an hour in the catio while you had lunch, then cuddles to dinnertime! I want moooooooooooooooooooore! ....I may have a cuddle monster on my hands. :D

Shar371

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I apparently adopted a jock-kitty. Background: I live in an apartment complex, adjacent to some family friends. I gave them my spare key in case they needed to pop over for anything or let me in. Naturally, I introduced them to Hank as soon as he was adopted (all 7.5lbs of him). My neighbor fell in love with him.

Around 8am (after I've gone to work), this neighbor pops over and plays with him for 30-45 minutes. She'll then give him some kitty pate, "massages" him (really, really vigorous all-body petting, which he loves) and head out. (Side note for spoiled kitty... turns out he'll only eat chicken and beef flavored things, and doesn't like "chunky" wet food... his rejects [a LOT of fish stuff] go to the feral colony I work with). Repeat this whole process in the afternoon, before I get home from work.

Once I'm home, he's all cuddles and a desire to play fetch. If I don't play, he'll start "fetching" my socks to me until I get the point. Occasionally, he'll get a wild hair and bring me his laser pointer or get the feather-wand so that I run him around for a third "workout".

He's now 15 lbs of "pure muscle" (vet's quote, not mine).

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh, I've been thinking about getting one of those trees for Molly! Does Chloe like that tree?
Hi, LittleShadow. Yes Chloe. Cuppy, and Kiefurr Sutherland all play in it. At first. I think they were baffled about the disappearance of the Christmas tree, but they have really warmed up to it.

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i often have the impressIon that Sombra enjoys better petting me than me petting her. Whenever I pet her kissing her head between her ears or caressing her she turns around to lick my hands and do her kneading. She does like to be with me wherever I am when I'm sitting down, be it on top of my desk, next to me on the sofa or in the kitchen. The moment she sees me on my feet in the livingroom she runs to adopt the "hunting" attitude which is her way to tell me she wants to play. If I don't comply she jumps on my legs and hits me lightly. She has never hurt me. I always end up complying even if I am busy at that particular moment. She is rapidly bored by toys for her amusement "in solo" but never tires playing if I participate.
She doesn't like being brushed but has learned to support it for a while as she knows she will be rewarded with some treats. She does let me know when enough is enough.
She sleeps with me but on her terms lying on my legs between my knees and ankles. She has trained me to accept this which is not very comfortable. She does come up close to my chest early in the morning when daylight is there and proceeds grooming my face, throat arms and finishes by kneading my chest. Only then I am allowed to get out of bed.

After her midday wet feeding she usually goes to sleep on her cat tree. If she finds me sitting down when she wakes up some 4 or 5 hours later she proceeds to do HER petting (lickings and kneadings). Her dry food and water are permanently available at her disposal.

I'll let you decide if I am pampering her.

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i often have the impressIon that Sombra enjoys better petting me than me petting her. Whenever I pet her kissing her head between her ears or caressing her she turns around to lick my hands and do her kneading. She does like to be with me wherever I am when I'm sitting down, be it on top of my desk, next to me on the sofa or in the kitchen. The moment she sees me on my feet in the livingroom she runs to adopt the "hunting" attitude which is her way to tell me she wants to play. If I don't comply she jumps on my legs and hits me lightly. She has never hurt me. I always end up complying even if I am busy at that particular moment. She is rapidly bored by toys for her amusement "in solo" but never tires playing if I participate.
She doesn't like being brushed but has learned to support it for a while as she knows she will be rewarded with some treats. She does let me know when enough is enough.
She sleeps with me but on her terms lying on my legs between my knees and ankles. She has trained me to accept this which is not very comfortable. She does come up close to my chest early in the morning when daylight is there and proceeds grooming my face, throat arms and finishes by kneading my chest. Only then I am allowed to get out of bed.

After her midday wet feeding she usually goes to sleep on her cat tree. If she finds me sitting down when she wakes up some 4 or 5 hours later she proceeds to do HER petting (lickings and kneadings). Her dry food and water are permanently available at her disposal.

I'll let you decide if I am pampering her.

"pamper" : verb - uk /ˈpæm.pər/ us /ˈpæm.pɚ/
to give someone special treatment, making that person as comfortable as possible and giving them whatever they want

Yes, golondrina golondrina , according to this definition you are pampering Sombra. And Sombra is pampering you as well :catrub:.

Last edited: