How Is Your Cat Pampered? Tell Me About Your Pampered Prince Or Princess!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My Bourbon, the royalty that she is, often claims the bed for herself and does not want to be moved or disturbed, otherwise if you insist she will give you successive swats and punches (So un-ladylike!). To keep the peace, me and my husband just sleep on the couch. No problem.
Ha! Ha! :lol: That's even better than our begging and bribing our babies to move a few inches!

mama africa

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A few months ago I bought a new cat bed, the first one that Missy really seems to like.

Because she enjoys my company, but the comfort of the bed even more, I started carrying her (lying on the bed) several times a day to the places where I go to. When I did it the first time, she was looking around, a bit worried, but she soon got used to it. Each time I move the bed she has a complacent, if perhaps slightly mischievous, look on her face.

IMG_6403.JPG

IMG_6437.JPG

IMG_20181126_230821 (3)_opt (3).jpg

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A few months ago I bought a new cat bed, the first one that Missy really seems to like.

Because she enjoys my company, but the comfort of the bed even more, I started carrying her (lying on the bed) several times a day to the places where I go to. When I did it the first time, she was looking around, a bit worried, but she soon got used to it. Each time I move the bed she has a complacent, if perhaps slightly mischievous, look on her face.

View attachment 266631

View attachment 266632

View attachment 266640
Missy is a very cute little girl. But yes, she does look a bit complacent in the second picture. Almost like she's thinking, "That will be all for now. You are dismissed until I call you. But don't dawdle so much next time ."

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This picture was taken a couple of years ago when my husband bought me a new recliner. I got up for maybe 3 or 4 minutes, and I came back to .find Prince Tiger and Princess Carly had made my new chair their throne. Needless to say, I had to make other seating arrangements.

IMG_20151107_134941432.jpg

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Does heated throne count, for his majesty, Sir Gohan?

ooooh I know a big grey cat who would love a heated bed...

I wasnt going to get cat presents for Christmas because I got them so much this year but I think in the end I will cave... I keep looking at cat stuff on Amazon..

Grey cat is spoiled because I always give him little peices of crusts and chicken. I cant say no to him... I also gave up the chair in my bedroom as his chair because he lays in it every day for at least 12 hours and it is covered in his fur because he sheds so much it's impossible to keep clean -_- Also I will let his 17 pound self sleep on me for as long as he wants to.

Noodle (formerly Honey) is spoiled because I play with her at her beck and call whenever I'm home. She is always meowing at me for something because she has so much energy and I feel to bad to ignore her. She also gets away with destroying things and gets the windows left open 24/7 since she will attack them if I close the blinds...

And both of them get their cat milk and treats (with limitations) .. and plenty of toys..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Just about all of the above applies here* and while I do not celebrate Christmas, THEY get gifts each year at this time. We used to buy a big piece of cat furniture every year. Now they have it all over the house and there is no more room. Toys? They have almost every kind of toy on the market. Food? Their food definitely costs more than mine. *But there are three of them!* And I am always ordering different little treats or a new formula of food to keep them satisfied. When someone is under the weather, cold, or just feeling like not getting up from relaxing, it's breakfast (or lunch, or dinner) in bed. And Baby Su has her own dining setup in the master bedroom all the time, because that is where she prefers to eat.
IMG_0466.JPG
IMG_0819 (2).JPG
Of course cats are not allowed on the dining table. Unless the cats happen to be Tarifa, Baby Su, or Elvis.
And when Tarifa won this super snazzy bowl in a contest, she let me know she would be dining in bed. Where else?

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Although I don't think a cat can ever really be "spoiled" because they're entitled to the best possible lives, I wondered how your cats are pampered (which I will readily admit our cats are). For example, when our cat Tiger was a healthy one-year old cat, I called him for breakfast (he was standing in the doorway down the hall). Although Tiger loved food, he didn't rush down the hallway for it. My husband Mark scooped Tiger up and said, "Tiger likes to be carried to breakfast." So, how do you pamper your little Prince or Princess?
:flail: I think Mark and I would get along just fine.
Our cats are spoiled in their own way. Queen Bee does similar things as Tiger (she thinks food tastes better if I set her food down where she eats, picks her up, and sets her down in front of it). If Baby Girl were a human child, picture the worlds most adorable, over indulged, bratty with a sweet side 3 year old little girl and you've got a good idea of what I live with, or created. :runaround:
All in all, they're given clean water, clean good food to suit their needs and preferences, toys, and companionship (human, canine, feline). They're allowed to have their own relationships and have their favorite people, dogs, and cats and create their own little "groups" that they prefer, with a little bit of discipline.
I play with them a lot, tell them I love them a lot.
The toys, raw food, time spend playing with them, hanging out with them, holding the lap cats and stuff has made some people say my cats are spoiled. They are, but giving them their basic needs and a few extra personal wants isn't spoiling to me. It's just making them happy and doing right by them. :wave2:

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
:flail: I think Mark and I would get along just fine.
Our cats are spoiled in their own way. Queen Bee does similar things as Tiger (she thinks food tastes better if I set her food down where she eats, picks her up, and sets her down in front of it). If Baby Girl were a human child, picture the worlds most adorable, over indulged, bratty with a sweet side 3 year old little girl and you've got a good idea of what I live with, or created. :runaround:
All in all, they're given clean water, clean good food to suit their needs and preferences, toys, and companionship (human, canine, feline). They're allowed to have their own relationships and have their favorite people, dogs, and cats and create their own little "groups" that they prefer, with a little bit of discipline.
I play with them a lot, tell them I love them a lot.
The toys, raw food, time spend playing with them, hanging out with them, holding the lap cats and stuff has made some people say my cats are spoiled. They are, but giving them their basic needs and a few extra personal wants isn't spoiling to me. It's just making them happy and doing right by them. :wave2:
That's exactly how Mark and I feel about it. Regardless of the pet (cat, dog, bird, mouse, snake), he or she needs to know that we will take the best care of him or her that we possibly can. That doesn't just mean his or her physical needs; it's important he or she feels safe, loved, and mentally stimulated. Would we say our babies are pampered? Probably. Are they spoiled? Absolutely not!

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
ooooh I know a big grey cat who would love a heated bed...

I wasnt going to get cat presents for Christmas because I got them so much this year but I think in the end I will cave... I keep looking at cat stuff on Amazon..

Grey cat is spoiled because I always give him little peices of crusts and chicken. I cant say no to him... I also gave up the chair in my bedroom as his chair because he lays in it every day for at least 12 hours and it is covered in his fur because he sheds so much it's impossible to keep clean -_- Also I will let his 17 pound self sleep on me for as long as he wants to.

Noodle (formerly Honey) is spoiled because I play with her at her beck and call whenever I'm home. She is always meowing at me for something because she has so much energy and I feel to bad to ignore her. She also gets away with destroying things and gets the windows left open 24/7 since she will attack them if I close the blinds...

And both of them get their cat milk and treats (with limitations) .. and plenty of toys..
Gray Cat and Noodle (love that) are pampered, but in my opinion not spoiled. You're just giving them the lifestyle to which royalty are entitled. You are a loyal subject, and you shall be rewarded with purrs, snuggles, and unconditional love

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
*Just about all of the above applies here* and while I do not celebrate Christmas, THEY get gifts each year at this time. We used to buy a big piece of cat furniture every year. Now they have it all over the house and there is no more room. Toys? They have almost every kind of toy on the market. Food? Their food definitely costs more than mine. *But there are three of them!* And I am always ordering different little treats or a new formula of food to keep them satisfied. When someone is under the weather, cold, or just feeling like not getting up from relaxing, it's breakfast (or lunch, or dinner) in bed. And Baby Su has her own dining setup in the master bedroom all the time, because that is where she prefers to eat.
View attachment 267028 View attachment 267030Of course cats are not allowed on the dining table. Unless the cats happen to be Tarifa, Baby Su, or Elvis.
And when Tarifa won this super snazzy bowl in a contest, she let me know she would be dining in bed. Where else?
First, your cats are gorgeous. Then, you give Tarifa and Baby Su such elegant and unique names, so breakfast service in their master suite (that they generously let you use) is their right as superstars. And when you name your other baby after "The King" , you are sworn to do the King's bidding!

DaphnesMommy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought a laptop table so that when I'm working on my computer I can have a lap free still ;)

I'm also in the process of rearranging my office to make a place for Lydia to hang out with me while I'm down there
That's a good idea. Don't let work interfere with the adoration and attention to which Princess Lydia is entitled.

Tommy End

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Totty before he had his cut had to be brushed four times a day with he loved. He still has to get his eyes cleaned several times a day though which he hates!

All three 3 of the come running when they hear can food opening.

Then Peobe has to sleep under the covers with us. The spoiled the little princess.

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Gray Cat and Noodle (love that) are pampered, but in my opinion not spoiled. You're just giving them the lifestyle to which royalty are entitled. You are a loyal subject, and you shall be rewarded with purrs, snuggles, and unconditional love
Yes, you've got it right. Grey cat is the King and she is the little Princess. I've cut back on the treats for King Grey though because the vet thinks he could lose 2 pounds. (though she was on the fence about it because he's also just a giant cat)