How Is Your Cat Pampered? Tell Me About Your Pampered Prince Or Princess!

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
And in more cat pampering news... i woke Honeybun up from a bad dream this morning. I was awake but still in bed and she was sleeping next to me, im on my phone and i hear the unmistakeable sound of like, fearful or panicked whimpering. I look at her and shes sound asleep but one of her feet is twitching, so i gentky start petting her and she doesnt whimper again and after a minute starts purring.

No more bad dreams Honeybun, youre safe now ❤
20190106_120547.jpg

golondrina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is interesting Mer.kitten. I have often wondered if cats can tell the difference between their dreams and reality. I have some nights heard Sombra making little noises in her sleep but I couldn't tell if she was in distress or enjoying her dreams. I suppose that when they wake up they know a dream is just a dream?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And in more cat pampering news... i woke Honeybun up from a bad dream this morning. I was awake but still in bed and she was sleeping next to me, im on my phone and i hear the unmistakeable sound of like, fearful or panicked whimpering. I look at her and shes sound asleep but one of her feet is twitching, so i gentky start petting her and she doesnt whimper again and after a minute starts purring.

No more bad dreams Honeybun, youre safe now ❤View attachment 269827
*AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW* Yes, this happens here sometimes, too. I do the same thing and pretty soon, all is well. :vibes::redheartpump::catlove::redheartpump:

Mer.kitten

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That is interesting Mer.kitten. I have often wondered if cats can tell the difference between their dreams and reality. I have some nights heard Sombra making little noises in her sleep but I couldn't tell if she was in distress or enjoying her dreams. I suppose that when they wake up they know a dream is just a dream?
As far as i know all mammals dream, and i assume their dreams are like ours-while its happening it seems real, but as soon as they wake up they know the difference. I hate bad dreams so i err on the side of caution, and ive always woken up any dog or cat ive had if they seem like theyre having one. I can only assume their bad dreams are simply fearful situations theyve been through just like ours are...

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Krista has to stay overnight at the vet. So I brought her a care package of lickable foods (just had dental work incidental to why she’s overnighting), a mouse toy, and an iPod that is playing Music For Cats on repeat until the battery runs out. It’s her “cat rock” she listens to at home while I’m at work. She has sounds of home to comfort her while she’s away. She was so out of it from the sedation. But the moment I pressed play and the first few notes came through, she lifted her head and her eyes like, “I know that song!” So quiet and empty at home tonight.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Krista has to stay overnight at the vet. So I brought her a care package of lickable foods (just had dental work incidental to why she’s overnighting), a mouse toy, and an iPod that is playing Music For Cats on repeat until the battery runs out. It’s her “cat rock” she listens to at home while I’m at work. She has sounds of home to comfort her while she’s away. She was so out of it from the sedation. But the moment I pressed play and the first few notes came through, she lifted her head and her eyes like, “I know that song!” So quiet and empty at home tonight.
funny_cat_pictures_296.jpg
:crackup: *PRAYERS* and best thoughts of wellness for your Krista, daftcat75 daftcat75 ! :hearthrob::goodluck:

Max's Human

MAX
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MAX must lay on this human or be held in my arms, accordingly. My boyfriend had NEVER been around cats up close till he met MAX, MOUSE and me. He can't believe the ultra-strong connection between MAX and myself and jokingly says he's going to get us a papoose so he can be with me 24/7! As for MOUSE, she calls me over to her when she desires my petting, food or company..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MAX must lay on this human or be held in my arms, accordingly. My boyfriend had NEVER been around cats up close till he met MAX, MOUSE and me. He can't believe the ultra-strong connection between MAX and myself and jokingly says he's going to get us a papoose so he can be with me 24/7! As for MOUSE, she calls me over to her when she desires my petting, food or company..
Cats are like that. With people who've never met or been around cats, once the person gets to know the cat(s), that's all it takes! That unconditional loyalty and love, beauty, strength, agility, grace -- it's everything good in one cat package! :lovecat4:

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I bought Molly a new wide, shallow food dish to be more comfortable for her whiskers when I give her wet food....even though she never touches the wet food I try to feed her. Well, glad I did, because she finally ate some wet food! :yess:

It's been in the 40s here, and her dry food has been getting spongy from the humidity with all the rain we've had the past few days. So I brought in her dry food, and left out her new dish with a bit of wet food sprinkled with her normal kibble on top overnight. I figured with the rain and low temp it wouldn't get too dried out too fast, or go bad too fast, so it would be safe enough to leave it for longer than the 1-2 hours I usually leave wet food out for before I give up and toss it. And it worked! At some point last night, she ate the food in her dish!!!!!!

I'm excited because I know wet food has some benefits not shared by dry, and I want to be able to offer her more variety, but she's never actually eaten any offered wet food before, so this is big to me!!! I'm going to try again tonight, with an actual can of cat food instead of just a tiny little 'appetizer' cat food pouch covered with a tablespoon of kibble. I am ridiculously happy over this, which just tells you how gone I am over my beloved Molly. I've spent probably $100 over the past few months on different wet foods, treats, and enticements so far, and this is the first success I've had. :purr: I'm stupidly happy over this....

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought Molly a new wide, shallow food dish to be more comfortable for her whiskers when I give her wet food....even though she never touches the wet food I try to feed her. Well, glad I did, because she finally ate some wet food! :yess:

It's been in the 40s here, and her dry food has been getting spongy from the humidity with all the rain we've had the past few days. So I brought in her dry food, and left out her new dish with a bit of wet food sprinkled with her normal kibble on top overnight. I figured with the rain and low temp it wouldn't get too dried out too fast, or go bad too fast, so it would be safe enough to leave it for longer than the 1-2 hours I usually leave wet food out for before I give up and toss it. And it worked! At some point last night, she ate the food in her dish!!!!!!

I'm excited because I know wet food has some benefits not shared by dry, and I want to be able to offer her more variety, but she's never actually eaten any offered wet food before, so this is big to me!!! I'm going to try again tonight, with an actual can of cat food instead of just a tiny little 'appetizer' cat food pouch covered with a tablespoon of kibble. I am ridiculously happy over this, which just tells you how gone I am over my beloved Molly. I've spent probably $100 over the past few months on different wet foods, treats, and enticements so far, and this is the first success I've had. :purr: I'm stupidly happy over this....
Awesome!! Good job on being persistent. :)

LittleShadow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks! I hadn't left food out like this before because I was worried about it going bad, and she's so intensely cuddle motivated I think she just needs time with no humans around to switch into eating mode. Now with it being winter, I'm feeling a bit more confident about allowing her that extra time to work herself up to trying novel food, and maybe by the time it warms up again she'll be accepting wet food without so much wait time.

I don't want to deal with begging cat once she comes inside more permanently after mom moves out, so I'll either leave dry out to free feed or get an automated feeder to dispense kibble in the mornings/daytime depending on how things go, but I'd like to give her a meal of wet in the evenings for the extra moisture and variety. And maybe, MAYBE, eventually slowly clue her in to the idea that food can be a treat/reward, if she decides she likes this stuff. Ah, a girl can dream....

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MAX referred to as HIS HIGHNESS, loves clam chowder but the cream/broth not so much. His crazy cat lady momma puts the spoon of chowder in my mouth so his clam pieces have no juice on them before his highness ingests it :silver:
*As it should be. I love to see humans who are aware of their place in the CAToverse.*:clapcat: