Hi, Meet Mike!

mike.o.lantern

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This little guy's name is Mike. He'll be 12 weeks old in a few days. He's very brave - when I first brought him home, he ran around and explored everywhere then slept on the couch. He's a picky eater but he's been so good with eating all of his wet food in the last week. He's currently being taught how to not bite since he's taken a liking to stalking and hunting fingers/toes. He's not a lap cat but he will lay on top of people's chests when they're laying down but don't put anything on him (hands, blanket, etc) while he's sleeping or he'll find another spot away from you to sleep on. He's a cutie and when I took him to his first vet visit, one of the vet techs borrowed him to show her other coworkers in their office while I was checking out. He didn't come back for 10 minutes! lol He had fun meeting new people. Overall, good cat - 10/10 - would adopt again!

PS. Any tips on how to teach a kitten not to bite? He's getting stronger everyday so I'd like to teach him not to bite before he gets his adult Thor strength. :)
FullSizeRender.jpg
IMG_0662.JPG
IMG_0713.JPG
IMG_0725.JPG

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
D805C1A3-1D69-4D5E-8E1F-CF8CD2FFEFE7.gif
mike.o.lantern and kitty Mike, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
E28D1104-425F-4A4B-AFB7-E9C85D2FAD85.gif
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

What a cute handsome kitty Mike is.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and that utter cutie-pie! What a little beauty he is!

The best advice I can give you on the biting is to get a good wand toy for him. That lets you play interactively without making fingers and toes a target. Now, at his age, he's going to go for anything that moves, so do what Mama Cat would do. When he bites, give him a short, sharp HISS. That's Universal Cattish for "STOP THAT RIGHT NOW" and they are born knowing it.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS from a fellow Chicagoan! :welcomesign: I'm glad you joined the forum and came here for advice. Mike is absolutely precious and I can see why you fell in love with him. :hearthrob: Please feel free to post pics of him as he grows up here: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!
And here's a helpful Article about deterring your kitten from biting:
How To Stop Playtime Aggression In Cats