Hi everyone, new to the forum

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My name is Dee and I've been checking out the forum for a couple months now and it looks like a great community for caring for the cats in our lives.

I've had at least one cat in my 40 years of keeping them and couldn't imagine not having one as they are a joy as well as tribulation sometimes.

Currently I have 2 cats, both were visiting my outdoor cat feeding station for the neighborhood feral/strays for a number of months before they showed any interest in being friendly. I was able to find a local TNR group that gives assistance in low cost spay/neuter fees and was able to trap 4 cats over the course of 2 months, two were neutered, one was spayed and the last cat had already been a neutered and ear tipped TNR cat.

Unfortunately at the time, I was dealing with elderly cats and wasn't able to 'adopt' any of them. Sadly I lost my last cat Gracie when she was 20 years old due a tumor near her esophagus in October of 2022.

In November of 2022 my neighbor mentioned she was seeing one of 'my' feral strays in her horse barn and he was showing less fear of humans so she agreed to get him in my large cat carrier and I brought him home around Thanksgiving. I kept him in a large dog crate in a separate room where he could still see us and get used to being indoors. His name is Long Legs, a brown based Tabby and was the neutered TNR cat that I had previously caught in the trap.

Long Legs is the sweetest cat, loves to be held and cuddled and took to sleeping with me in bed. He did great at the vet, got his shots and blood work done and is doing great. He is FIV+ but the vet said it shouldn't be any issues for awhile as she also has FIV+ cats. He's around 2 years old according to the vet.

In April 2023, another TNR cat showed up at my feeder, a small black and white cat that was very skittish when he/she saw me at the windows but would lay in front of the patio door rolling on the ground and squeaking at Long Legs. I was able to trap him/her and again kept him/her confined in the dog crate in a separate room. I used the tips and tricks on TCS to get him/her accustomed to Long Legs and our home. The 1st visit to the vet went well for his shots and I was surprised to find out it was a neutered male despite the behavior I noted before trapping him. He got a clean bill of health and is integrated into our family. The boyfriend named him Binks and he's about a year old.

The cats get along great though around 10 PM it starts sounding like a herd of buffalo are running around upstairs. This continues well into the wee hours of the morning. Thank goodness I am a heavy sleeper and I don't notice their antics.

Well I think that is enough for now. Hopefully I can scrape up some pics so I can pay my cat tax on TCS. I'm not much of a photo taker so it may be a while.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Glad the site has been helpful, and that you've decided to join us.

Long Legs sounds absolutely precious, and am so glad you were able to give him a home, and then bring in Binks too. Looking forward to seeing pics of both of them.

Condolences on the loss of Gracie. Twenty years is a long time, but it's still hard to lose them. Even though it's been a while, if you think it might be helpful, we have a Crossing the Bridge forum where you could post a tribute to her.
RIP sweet girl. :angel:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A big weIcome to you, Iong Iegs, and Binks...and to Gracie, who joins us in spirit! I'm so sorry I couIdn't capitaIize Iong Ieg's name...My "I" key isn't working, and I'm using a capitaI "i" instead!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
93e47d87088201a7508b3422c48cf075.jpg
Dee, Binks and Long Legs and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
c9cc88943ccb39ca68a4496df5dae4ea.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

So sorry to hear about Gracie :alright:

Do post more photos of Binks and Long Legs and we have a special threads here just for them in Bi-color kitties only! and Show Me Your Stripes And Spots! Tabby Cats Only ;) and many fun thread here in Fur Pictures and Videos Only! to showcase what your kitties are up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Binks’s nose!! and long legs what a cuddler. Can’t wait to hear more about um.