Help with pregnant kitty

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So fluffy is all set to go on Saturday. Thank God, poor girl just is not happy here. Mr bob had a total mental break down this morning that started with her. He sees her, goes over and attacks her, so I got him away with the broom (it was already in my hand and of coarse I didn't hit him with it), so he goes after his mom (broom again), then he tries Edna and I broom him and pick him up and to the kennel he goes, growling the whole way. Idk what the heck he was thinking but I think his mom and Edna were about to kill him. Then of coarse he has everyone in an uproar and poor katniss got luckily just a tap and lots of growling on her way by moo. He had about a 30 minute time out and has been good since.

I did find out he poops on his own... If he doesn't have a diaper on. So I don't get that at all, do u think he can hold it? He poops wherever when it isn't on but on rarely has any.

Merlin has a bald flaky welt on his head above his eye. It looks like whatever papa had before ( my dog) that went away on it's own, and kinda like what callie had that they said might have been ringworm but went away on it's own too. It doesn't look like ringworm (I just had it a few months ago) but idk what it is. It is not round or red that I can see, just swollen and flaky with no hair really. The vet said staff probably but I never gave papa the antibiotics (didn't seem right so I waited and it healed pretty quickly doing nothing). I am stumped, and this makes 3 that have had it and not together either, spaced out. Any ideas?

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok I will. I was stumped too, with papa I thought he got hit, callie I thought scratched and Merlin it looks the same which is y I noticed they are alike. So weird. Can they get like a sty on their heads?

I hope that they all go this weekend cause callie is winning my heart, and she thinks my dog is her mom.. it's cute but odd. They are all going to be hard as they cuddle me all the time now. I hope tab gets a kid who will carry him around, and tab a guy I think who will just let him be and come to him. The girls, I don't really know as I guess I'm getting to attached. Grrr

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O but that would make 7, and 8 with my "foster" I get this weekend. I'm debating, but I haven't decided. Luckily I'm not there so if they go I won't know. I'll tell her my plans for the boys and she will get it done. Dakini gets fixed tomorrow so she needs her callie! Tab might go to a lady with 7 kids she knows. I told her he would LOVE that. If it's a good place I hope they fit.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I know, I'm still up in the air. Depending who goes Saturday I'll decide. I would keep all but tab really, he's way to needy not that I don't love him. That would be 10 if 3 stay bcz my new foster is really an adopt that I don't pay a fee or vet expense for. I still am trying for Sammy and I pretty well am going to rule out the 2 blind ones I suppose. Idk, it's a very big decision as I do still have a few to trap, and the black and white with the ear to get taken in as well. Those the rescue lady will pay for if I catch but I foster til they get a home, and they could be awhile as they are grown

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
O the girls are not going to make this easy. Cali follows me around now (quietly!)and then curls up on me. Meesie has been sleeping with me for the last few nights. Tux has taken to bob pretty well which is weird cause bob does not like kittens or anyone most of the time except the pit bulls lol. O, when he got out of time out earlier he went in to the other room and was fat ticking all over their cage (they were in it while I was mopping)! It was so cute, like he was loving on them and telling on me at the same time! He's strange but I love him. Fluff came in and pooped in my bedroom floor. I don't get that cat. She's not coming out of the foster room any longer bcz I can't keep up with her and she can help it. She needs a home! I hate to cage her but I will if I have to. She needs a home by herself this weekend!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sounds like lots of bonding going on!

I agree that Fluffy needs a different environment in which to thrive.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Ok, so there was a kitty in the back yard tonight for sure that went across the road, and I believe another cat (or something with a glowing eye that was also rustling around in another area). Does it make me terrible for not immediately putting out the trap for it tonight? I mean idk where I'll put it if I catch it, I know rescue lady will pay but I must get a old of her to have it authorized but then I still have to keep whatever until it gets a home if it isn't feral. I feel terrible on one hand but on another im pretty full unless i put it in the trap in my laundry room but there it would have no heat either. Idk, I feel bad, but at the same time idk if it would be right to trap and make it freeze all night anyway. :confused2::frustrated:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Caging it in a cold room is not a good idea. Wait until you talk with the rescue lady. You could put food out for it in the meantime though.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I decided to put out the trap tonight. I sent her an email and I will see her tomorrow. If i get one then I'll end up putting it in a cage in the foster room and if fluff comes back (Fingers crossed on her adoption tomorrow) then she will be caged in the dining room. I have 1 really big cage for her and whoever I catch can have the smaller one and come out a bit whenever I'm home if they aren't feral. If they are then we may have to leave the dogs out of theirs ugh, and let one have it. Idk, I feel bad and I want them all warm. Hopefully they aren't feral though. I try and not feed outside bcz them I have to trap more and they will all congregate. Not only that there are already rats that are huge and I believe they were killing them thankfully. I know me and I'll spend forever trying to tame a cat just so it can live inside. Idk, I'm hoping into it get anything in a way. Whatever happens they will get spayed or neutered for sure if they aren't.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It was daddy cat. He is NOT happy. I just brought him in in the cage this morning and popped him in the foster room in it while I went to work. (I felt bad for it but I didn't have much time and it was cold and windy out. So he's in a cage now with everything he needs. His face is all beat up and he's very dirty. I'm about to put some stuff on him for fleas and such and give him some dewormer before I pick the others up. I talked to the lady and she said if I pay for the neuter she will get the rest. I have to put him in a cage to do the neuter again (trap) but I guess he will be fine. He's got the big cage, and I suppose the little one will have to go up for fluff? So, exactly how does all that bad stuff get transferred anyway? Can fluff get it if they aren't interacting but are in a room together? I don't want any of mine to get anything but I also don't want fluff locked up up if she doesn't have to be. Omg, I am supposed to get my actual foster kitty today too. I don't know if that's going to happen. I think I'm going to have to clean up my laundry room (it's like a catch all) and put a heater in there to put him in maybe. Idk, and now i think the black cat is prolly a female and it's very likely they were mating. So another question, if u trap (idk if u do) do u keep the female for a by before a spay to be sure they aren't aborting babies when they do the spay? I do not like that idea.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The idea of terminating a pregnancy isn’t pleasant, but it’s really for the best. If they were just mating, there aren’t even any embryos. They take time to implant, and the spay would be totally normal procedure at this point.

You would be saving the mother the stress of a pregnancy, and open up your resources to who knows how many other cats.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Omg, poor katniss I put her in a cage while I was gone to let her red butt air out, she opened herself up like a can! It's terrible! Her skin was irritated and I guess she just ripped it Open! I shaved what I could and I cleaned it with antiseptic cleanser like I did when her incision got infected. Pretty sure I have clavomox left, I'll start that tonight if I do. Poor girl, I feel so bad for her! Is it possible she's allergic to disposable diapers? Seems like her diaper rash gets worse with them. I try and keep her in the others but it' hard to keep up with them and I don't have many. She had crusty skin in places even up her back where the diaper goes. I shaved everything in the diaper line and most of her legs that I could get for in case she pees. Any ideas? She looks terrible! I put her in a cage with a cone for now while I'm gone cause idk if I have the heart to make her stay in there while I'm home. She's so prone to traumatic happenings!

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well it dried out while I was gone at my mom's so I expressed her bladder, and what came up in her bowel. I used just antiseptic cleanser to clean her with and blotted that dry. I put the non zinc Neosporin on her with the thirsties diaper. I think she might be allergic to the disposables. Hopefully it clears up before Monday. I hate her looking like she's in pain. I hope she ends up panning out to be all easier once she gets a few months older. This kitten is literally like my baby. I mean I love all of them but with her it's a little different even than bob. Probably bcz it seems she was dealt a bad hand in the beginning and bad things keep happening to her still. I think I feel like I have to protect her even more. Dry is good, but should I put a dab of regular oil on to keep it from getting dry and cracking? My daughter never had diaper rash I don't believe, and I've tried all the bob tricks that never seem to work. I would bet money she's allergic to something but idk what.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I put a diaper on miss niss last night and it was not good again this morning. She' diaper free but it was dry so I tried putting on some bag balm and that made her butt look bad. Idk how to make it dry but not if that makes any sense. It looks somewhat better, or at least did. Ugh, she's complicated.

Daddy cat is apparently the hottest guy ever lol. Mama kitty hasn't left him but for a bit this morning to eat. She never really hangs out with anyone! It's cute and crazy. He's a real sweetheart though. Is it bcz she can smell he isn't neutered? Or is it she just really likes him? I kinda hope it goes away cause then I'll want to let her keep him. On another note he's a very good sweet guy. Hasn' hissed at anyone even though they were at him. He does want out though which is almost sad but he goes nowhere until neuter. I thought about telling the lady I'm letting him out as she's paying for his neuter I believe. Idk, mama is killing me.

krisrath11

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
U hm, little confused on what to do. I was trying to trap this cat I believe daddy mated with and instead I caught an opossum! What do I do with it? It can't get me through the cage can it? I should take it somewhere not here right? It isn't going to pee in my car to drive it away is it? Ahhh help!