Help! Jaundice Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A/D is something I fed to a cat who had hepatic lipidosis (fatty liver). And then more recently, a cat that was off food because of a bad reaction to the thyroid medication and some antibiotics. The goal is big---getting a 1/2 can of food into them. See if the vet has a larger opening syringe for food. With the food you have on hand, mix it into a slurry and then syringe in a bit of food into his cheek. After each swallow do it again. It takes a long time but after a few meals he may be willing to eat on his own.

Tomorrow get the A/D. It's very smooth and moist but you'll still have to mix it with water to syringe it. I have heated the mix for 15 seconds in the microwave so it's not cold.
Thank you! I will do this!

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Still freaking out, I cant get him to drink, haven't in about an hour. Ahh. =[ No sleep for me tonight.

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How are things today? I just saw on another thread a product that's a pureed treat in a pouch both amazon and pet stores have it. Lickable puree creamy cat treat
He was a bit more active today, Im thrilled. The doctor says he has a severe liver infection, possibly something about fatty liver disease, he is also severely anemic but shouldn't need a transfusion if we can keep his fluid levels up and his food intake. They obviously dont know how hard I am willing to work on this.

They prescribed him Prednisolone, Doxycycline, and Denamarin.

They also are a Purina vet ( eh ) so they have their brand of high calorie food. They gave me that too. I just put a fourth can in front of his face and he is eating it! I will syringe him whatever is left.

I spent the last part of the night with the paste and put a few more drops in his mouth and then strawed him a bunch of water. As I said it seemed to help a lot as he is moving a bit faster today. I also was up early this morning to do the same.

I also bought some non flavored pedialyte to help with his fluid levels.

Heres to hoping.

He's a strong little dude and is refusing to act like he has anything wrong with him. Still jumping/moving around quite a bit.

Lindzee2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
How are things today? I just saw on another thread a product that's a pureed treat in a pouch both amazon and pet stores have it. Lickable puree creamy cat treat

Attachments