Hello ~ Help me give him a name!

Jenn567

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone glad to be here! :hearthrob:

I just joined after getting some help figuring out the gender of my new kitten, long story short I thought I was adopting a girl but after some inspection of my own "she" turned out to be a boy!

This is my sweet boy.
Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 9.20.45 PM.png Screen Shot 2020-06-21 at 9.20.18 PM.png
He just turned 8 weeks, and is a domestic shorthair and maine coon mix. It's only been two days since adopting him but I'm already so in love and he's adjusting so well and has already bonded so much with me, he's so full of energy and is sweetest thing ever. I had his name all picked out when I thought he was a girl but now I'm a little stuck naming him. So now I need some help naming him and am accepting any name suggestions that you guys think might suit him.

Looking forward to seeing you all around in the forums!:wave3:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm glad you joined the site and introduced us to your new male kitten. Thank you for adopting and giving him a forever home. :hugs: He is a handsome sweetheart .:lovecat4: What about the name Grayson?

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Welcome to TCS!

He looks like a 'Ralph' to me, but I imagine that won't be popular :lol:
Otherwise, something princely, like Louis or Edward (Eddie for short)

He's a gorgeous boy. :redheartpump:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
5082.gif
Jenn567 and new kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
5eef284e192de88a7653ef4d4028733f.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

What a cute little boy you have here! :hearthrob: :redheartpump: Do post more photos of him and we have a special thread just for him here in :- bi-color-kitties-only.85808 and many other fun threads here in fur-pictures-and-videos-only.29 to showcase what your kitty is up to.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi & welcome!

I think you should give him a name that fits his personality. Try calling out a potential name a few times, to see if it clicks.

How about something traditional (Samuel, Jackson, Nick) or from a book or tv show? Like Fraiser, Patrick Jane (Mentalist), Gandalf (LOR) or Kobe (Football), Nate (leverage), Mal/Malcom (firefly), Quentin (the magician

Personally I would want to call him Felix because my mom has a huge grey & white tabby with that name. He was sweet & intelligent as could be. So my memories would say Felix.

Take toNs of pictures & videos! They grow up so fast! I think Maine Coons keep growing until 2.5 or 3 years old..... so plan on him eating kitten good (& growing!) for a long time! I hope you post pictures of him when he is all grown up! 😻

pearl99

Pearl, my labrador who loved cats. RIP.
Top Cat
Purraise
I've always been partial to the name Smokey. It's not very original though. James Bond? Guinness?
He's a CUTIE!! My daughter has one that looks just like him, though she's a girl. Her name is Bleu, as in Bleu Cheese or Cordon Bleu.

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome! Such a beautiful boy! It sounds like he has your heart already. :petcat:Names always take awhile. I like to learn their personality and then try the names out to see if the kitty responds. Of all my kitties, Banjo was the hardest one to satisfy. She is the one who settled it. Lol She responded when I kept saying the name. It was kind of neat because her brother is Whistle.
I can think of lots of names but only you and your new BF can choose. Slate, Azure, Flint, Cloud, Denim? Lol I had a Cloud and siblings were Stratus and Nimbus. Have fun choosing and I look forward to hearing from you and kitty on the forums. :welcomesign::hellosmiley:

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and your kitten! He is adorable :happycat:

We had a friendly neighbourhood cat who used to live around here. It looked like a female version of our cat, so we called her Girfriend Cat because they often used to hang around together. We later found out that Girlfriend Cat was actually a boy called Louie, so we referred to him as GC after that :lol: What name did you choose for when you thought it was a girl?

Some cats I've owned and the reasons for their names:

Bramble (he was a very scratchy kitten)
Nutmeg (was the colour of nutmeg)
Spike (I was really into Buffy at the time and he had white fur)
Atari (the first cat co-owned by myself and my fiancé, and we're both into geeky retro videogames)
Sinclair (Atari's little sister so we kept with the vintage nerd vibe)

Maybe don't rush to give him a name just yet - see what kind of personality shines through and a name might naturally stick! Please let us all know what you do go with though :D

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like neely neely 's sugestion of Grayson!

These are all boys names that mean blue, or something blue: (there are sooooo many more)

Aoki
Azul
Bluford
Juggy
Marlais
Neelan
Okeley
Okko
Ruka

PS - you know that whichever name you choose you'll end up giving him about 20 different nicknames! :lol:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! When I was a jail nurse, I promised an inmate I would name a cat after him. I thought he had the prettiest name, Graylin. But I've never gotten another cat or kitten that the name would fit. Your guy is adorable and so that beautiful name is my suggestion. :thumbsup: And I noticed your guy has an cute little smudge on his face, so Smudge would also be an idea. :think:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:

What a cutie, he is just gorgeous :loveeyes:
You have had some great name suggestions.
I think the right name will just come to you within a few days :blush:
I look forward to seeing more pics of that little beauty :redheartpump:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jenn567

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow thank you all for the welcomes and beautiful name suggestions. 🤗:redheartpump:

I still haven't officially chosen a name yet, I'm too indecisive! Right now he may be Neko or Cleo, still feeling them out to see which one fits him best. So far I've just been calling him baby! haha.