Hello From Western Kentucky

Boudicca

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meeeeoww! Hello everyone. My name is Saoirse (pronounced sear-shuh) Grace. It means freedom in Irish Gaelic. My Momma and Pawpa recently adopted me from a local no kill shelter. I was found on a busy street here in town just a few days before Christmas and someone managed to get a hold of me and took me in to the shelter.

Santa Paws gave me the best gift i could ever ask for! Just five days later Momma and Pawpa came in to find a new fur baby. As soon as I laid eyes (or should I say paw?) on them, I knew they were my family. They just took a bit longer to realize it. They already had my sister Princess Louise (that's her in the picture with me) and thought they wanted another dog. (Goofy humans, don't they know a cat is always so much more puuurrfect than a dog?) They came back two days later, finally having come to their senses, but I was no where to be found. Thankfully, I was just at the vet's office, being spayed. They decided to pay the adoption fee for me and come back to get me the following day. The picture Momma has for the profile was actually taken within a few hours of getting me home. Princess is actually pretty cool, but don't tell her i admitted that!

I'll have to be sure we get a new picture of us soon, as someone at work told Pawpa that their aunt had a stroke and they were looking for a new home for her four year old Yorkie boy as she can't take care of him anymore and they don't have the time to give him what he needs. He's coming here just day after tomorrow. Lucky for us all, Momma is a stay at home mom. At this point there aren't any human children (they hope to change that someday), but we keep her busy and give her and Pawpa tons of love.

I enjoy spending time chasing and tackling Princess, curling up next to the vent in the living room, curling up with or next to my sister, pinning Momma to the couch or chair while stretching out in her lap or what have you, and playing with my toys and toy box. When Princess goes outside I get a special treat too. Pawpa or Momma usually hold me while they keep an eye on her to make sure I don't pull something sneaky and try to make the great escape. I get a front row view and a live session while we watch Princess play jack rabbit in the snow. After being out in the elements in mid December, I'm usually happy to be held inside while watching cars go past. Momma decided to see what I'd do in the snow the other day. There hadn't been any on the ground before I went to the shelter. Now there's a good three inches on the front porch. She put me on a leash and set me down. That white stuff was so very cold and started turning wet.

Princess and the other dogs can have it! I'll take a nice soft blanket in Momma's lap or stretch out in the soft, warm bed that we all share.

Well, I've rambled on long enough. I think it' time to stalk Princess and try to catch that tail of hers. Thank you for reading all this. Hope to meet some great friends here!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: You are beautiful and very lucky to have been adopted into your new family. :catlove:
Tell your Momma or Pawpa (love the spelling) we'd love it if they join in our various discussions around the site. :catman:

Kreatorcat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a beautiful name! Your new family is as lucky as you are,so you should all keep that in mind as you grow together. Love and peace sent your way,little one.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome, Little Furry Love, to you and your two-foot parents! We're so glad that you are here and that you are THERE!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS Saoirse, momma and pawpa! :hellosmiley: You are a very lucky lady to leave the shelter and find a fabulous home. :redheartpump: I'm sure you had a truly blessed Christmas with Princess Louise and your lovely family. Can't wait to hear more about your new Yorkie brother who will be joining you soon. You can post pics here: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!