Hello fellow cat parents, these are my kitties!

benimalika

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I grew up in a dog family. About ten years ago I finally convinced my dad to get a Bengal cat because of their striking looks. We named him Newton and I think my dad even liked him more than he liked the dogs! He was an amazing kitty. Unfortunately he passed away at seven years old.

Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 12.26.38 PM.PNG
Screen Shot 2015-03-07 at 12.19.38 PM.PNG

Screen Shot 2020-05-10 at 2.05.41 PM.png

Then came Benito, or Beni, almost four years ago. I was originally going to get a ragdoll but the breeder backed out last minute because I asked her about using soft paws and she thought it was animal cruelty! Well it was the best thing that could have happened to me. I ended up adopting my beautiful mini panther who rocked his pink nails as a kitten while learning not to scratch furniture. He is the biggest sweetheart and a bit of a scaredy cat. If you're nice to him he will quickly become your best friend. He loves being pet but is not much of a lap cat, the spot next to you will do just fine.

IMG_8702.jpg
142448547.JPG

About a month and a half ago came Malika. Her mom was a stray that unfortunately got run over so we got her at seven weeks old. She is completely fearless unlike her brother. We call her Monkey because she gets into everything. She warms up to any new environment or situation in the blink of an eye. She is now 3 months old so she has endless kitten energy and loves annoying her brother. After she's done with that she loves some pets and cuddles and will purr nonstop. She is a lap cat for now and loves sleeping on top of you. Since she was separated young from her mother she suckles on blankets for comfort. She is the reason I joined the cat site since I wanted to make sure I did things right with her and Beni so they could be friends. I'm excited to see her personality continue to develop as she grows!

IMG_8073 2.JPG

142448104.JPG

Bonus picture of Beni and Monkey! They have an Instagram account if anyone wants to follow them @blackcatbeni :)

IMG_8574.JPG

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
fd7445a8082591feec2da4bf0c2396de.gif
benimalika and kitties, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
WelcomeCatBlackMat.gif
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site and don't forget to subscribe to our Newsletter :- newsletter-subscription-tutorial.33873 to stay informed of what goes on in TCS!

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm sorry your beautiful Bengal boy, Newton, went to the Bridge so young.:angel: Thank you for rescuing Beni and Monkey and giving them their forever home. It looks like your dog is an Akita, is that correct? Very handsome too.:bluepaw:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

benimalika

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: I'm sorry your beautiful Bengal boy, Newton, went to the Bridge so young.:angel: Thank you for rescuing Beni and Monkey and giving them their forever home. It looks like your dog is an Akita, is that correct? Very handsome too.:bluepaw:
Thank you :) Yeah it was rough when it happened. In hindsight it was a little funny how my dad handled it. He knew I would be upset so he wanted to go out and get a kitten to surprise me with. My sister convinced him it would be a bit psychotic to greet me like hey your cat is dead but look, a kitten! 😂 And yeah Kami was an Akita, we put her down about two years ago but she lived a very full and happy 12 years with us!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

benimalika

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to you, Benji, Monkey, and also to Newton, who joins us in spirit! I can tell from the picture of Benji and Malika together on the cat tree that you are doing everything just right!

View attachment 333882
Thank you! It's my first time owning two cats at the first time and I'm definitely overthinking it so it's nice to get confirmation that they look like they're getting along well!