Hello, Everyone :)

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thought I would introduce myself here! I have been lurking on thecatsite for awhile and decided it was time to join. :D

I'm a little animal obsessed even though I currently only have one pet. I am obsessed with bunnies as well as cats... other human things I like are crochet, spending time outdoors and hiking, reading, and lately I have been really into Star Trek.

My kitty is a male grey DSH named.... Greycat. He was always hanging out with our other cat and eating our garbage and other stray cat things until we started feeding him on the porch and eventually let him in. It was very funny watching him get acclimated to being indoors... learning what all kinds of noises were and even how to meow at people from our other cat. He was always closer to me then anyone else in the family and my room was his territory that he wouldn't let the other cat in. I was told to take him with me when I moved out, but that didn't happen until about two years after I had moved out because my mom got too attached to let him go. Then when my brother developed alllergies and I was watching him for months on end when he was home from college she finally let me take him in permanently as my cat.

When we found him in 2010 or 2011 the vet guessed he was 2 years old, so that makes him 9 or 10 now. Lets say 9 ;) Does that make him a senior? He's an extremely loving cat who purrs like a machine and then falls asleep on my belly. He's also good at catching birds and loves playing with yarn and eating some home grown catnip. I hope to get him some cat friends soon!

Wow I wrote a book about my cat >_<; Sorry. Anyway, glad to be here and looking forward to getting to know people and talking about cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Also (would have editied but I don't think I can) am I missing the DIY section for people making cat trees, toys, treats, ect. or is there really not one? it is hard to believe.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
66470E31-B810-4D7F-83D5-A463483D51F5.gif
GreyLady and Greycat, on behalf of The Catsite community, warm
284612F7-539A-456B-9063-D912B918B792.jpeg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Please post photos of Greycat for us to see.

As for DIY Cat trees, there are many threads on it and they can be found here in Grooming & General Cat Care

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: We love it when members write "books" about their cats. :catlove:

And we love pictures too. :camera: So please post one, or more, of Greycat. :compsurfing:

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tabbytom thanks for the warm welcome and all the links! Ill be sure to check out those posts :)

Rubysmama thank you for your welcome as well! It seems I'm in the right place then. Here's some pics of him, one of them is the one in my avatar.

His name is not too original but he got it because at first he was the grey cat hanging out with my moms cat, "Oh look theres grey cat again!" and then when we took him in my mom tried calling him Smoky but in the end Greycat stuck.

Right now he is meowing at me and rubbing on my legs to let him outside.... it's been three weeks since he's been at our apartment for good and he still hasn't gotten used to the fact that I won't let him out at night. Time to play :p

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:

Greycat is gorgeous :heartshape: I like his name too, it suits him :D

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks GemsGem! I think it suits him too.

At first I was letting him out any time like we used to do years ago when I lived with my parents but then he didn't come back all night and almost the whole next day and it kind of wigged me out a bit. So I was talking to my mom about it and she was saying she only lets him out in the morning after he's fed and he comes back after 15 or 30 minutes and sleeps all day so I decided to switch to doing that.

Unfortunately he is a scaredy cat and is getting freaked out by the different bird noises here (my parents live in Georgia) and will only go out on the porch for like 5 minutes when Im there during the day without running back in, but then at night he wants to go slink around in the darkness. He's a funny cat, with us (me and my boyfriend and also my mom, dad and brothers) who he has known almost his whole life he acts like a very confident, loving cat unless he hears a bag crinkle or something, but he's the type that hides under the bed the whole time a stranger is over or gets spooked by any sort of wierd or loud noise. Little does he know he is a threat to the noisy birds, not the other way around... and more dangerous things are out at night...

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Its funny, i'm not officially forcing him to be an indoor cat because he's 9 or 10 and he's gone out his whole life, but since he has no interest at all in going out during the day here it's become that way. I really don't mind that but I feel a bit bad for him because he doesn't get it. I'm hoping in time he will adjust to a little routine like the one my mom had for him but if not I guess he'll just get used to being inside. I play with him whenever he wants to go out an hunt at night and usually after playing and treats he gives up on it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you and Graycat! The cat I grew up with was simply "Gray." Guess what color he was? I hope you have as much fun here as I do!

GreyLady

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the welcome!! I hope so too.