Geoffrey ~ Diarrhea~

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He is kidnfo fascinated by the beach traffic, and the seagulls, and waves..periodically, he goes over to look out.. He did jump on his cat tree once.. but the smells in here.. even with my old furniture, his rugs, his tunnel, scratching curve.. his cardboard scratches, he is still frightened...
That first part says it all...He's already getting interested in new things...the rest will come with time!

TMI, but it is funny.. this morning, we both used our toilets at the same time!!!
LOL, that's so funny! I can just picture him, hunkered down, looking at you, and saying..."SO, come here often? Read any good books lately?"

Before you know it, YOU will be all

AND he will be all

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everyone!!
Yes, still getting adjusted to a new place, which is so different from the old one.. so much smaller..

Geoffrey seems to adjusting fairly well.. Fingers crossed, his stools are doing well with a mix of 50/50 RC Rabbit and W/D food.

He is back to hiding under my bed.. sigh
I never thought he would fit, but he does.. it is much harder for me to get him out...so I really do not bother.

There is a yappy dog next door.. While the Dog has quieted out a bit; he goes into tie-raids periodically during the day: When a maintence guy comes around, when someone walks by, when the delivery of supper arrives, etc..

The dog is so hysterical.. almost to the point of howling.. and the owner cannot control him.

This is getting on both our nerves.. I keep yelling at the dog to shut up.. I have lost my patience with him/the owner..

One time I was lying on top of my bed, cuddling with Geoffrey. The dog started. Geoffrey bolted, to under my bed, refusing to come out.. I was so upset..

Back to misting Jackson Galaxy's stuff in here...

Geoffrey is eating ok.. changing things up.. the wet during the day.. and the dry from evening on and during the night.

I find if I keep a light on, in my bedroom, it reduces the amount of times he wakes me, during the night..

Right now, he is on the windowsill, looking at the ocean, traffic, seagulls, people walking..
He heard a noise.. so under the bed, he went...

A couple of pictures of where he watches the scenery..
nToF0frLTH2A4JNDxkjDxQ.jpg
rd+H630OTQuaV1j43aS6OQ.jpg

He is usually on the windowsill...

G had his claws trimmed yesterday.. at the Vets.. He did shut down. It was a bit of a hassle to get him out from under my bed, and to keep him out of my bedroom. He was not happy.. neither when I tried to get him into his carrier..

Not a peep from him, once he was in the carrier.. That is when he shuts down.

If only he would allow me to clip his nails...

Next week is a semi annual bedbug inspection, in the entire building. They have a beagle, who has been trained to sniff out bedbugs, sniff the entire apartment. I do not know what to do with Geoffrey.. They do a good job sniffing the bedroom, living area.. then the bathroom, and kitchen..
I never went through this before, so it is a new experience..

And next week, my sofa finally comes in! Perhaps Geoffrey will spend some time on it and not under my bed.. fingers crossed...

There is a huge adjustment to living here. I am still not accustomed to it.. I think Geoffrey has acclimated better and faster than me... I still do not feel comfortable here..

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi artiemom artiemom , thanks for the wonderful update and for the nice photos. Unfortunately we can't see Geoffrey's face :) he's so shy and reserved, isn't he?

That yappy dog next door must be a nuisance indeed. I have a house with a barking dog across the street. She starts barking at 6:30 am, when the owner lets her out, she barks at just everything and everyone, until midnight, when the owner brings her in.
In wintertime, with doors and windows closed, it is less noisy, but in summetime that barking is like a drill in our ears.

I'm glad to read that Geoffrey is adapting rather quickly, hopefully with the new sofa he will be more social.

I see you still have some snow over there. We're having a very early spring here, it's like mid April already.

Give a kiss to Geoffrey for us :)

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I do not know what it is; but, G has been a pain this morning.. I think it may be because of the spray mist..

He is not eating!! That is not good. He ate fairly well, yesterday.

We played again.. with a new wand toy--Da BEE...

It seems like he wants to eat, but is refusing his food.. keeps going over to his carrier.. I had misted some Trauma and some Nervous Nelly mist in there... He is still sniffing it.. weird cat....

Yes, he is very shy.. no face shots..

I had to stop by the office to show him off. They think he is a 'mystery' cat... I still call him my phantom cat..

They called him a 'Big Boy",,, and one person referred to him as a Jaguar!!!
They also commented on how terrified he was.. I said, yes, we think he was abused..

He did get to meet a lot of new people, yesterday..

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Your new place looks nice! I love the cat tree and the view. Can you mention doggie school to your neighbor? My brother took his dogs and they never bark now. It really works, they are so well behaved. It can't be that expensive, because my brother is rather low income.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Your new place looks nice! I love the cat tree and the view. Can you mention doggie school to your neighbor? My brother took his dogs and they never bark now. It really works, they are so well behaved. It can't be that expensive, because my brother is rather low income.
Honestly, this woman is elderly. I do not think she drives, having some health issues, and is kind of ‘clueless ‘.

I am assuming the dog is her support animal. That is why she had gotten away with the barking.

I am still too new, to suggest anything. I will wait it out a bit longer. Trying to keep a low profile. If I can—- always seems impossible for me to accomplish.

mazie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just a thought, when Geoffrey is, say sitting in his cat tree in the l living room, you are sitting in your chair across from him, just start singing to him. Your voice, in a melodic, singing form hopefully will get his attention, peak his interest in a positive way. My daughter and son in law adopted twins last spring, The babies were 4 months old when my daughter and her husband got them, a boy and a girl. I would sing to them, my granddaughter just loved it when I sang to her. My grandson was not impressed, but she would just stare and smile at me as I was singing to her. The reason I mention singing is that it will be soothing to Geoffrey, BUT more importantly, soothing for you. I know this is a stressful time for you, worried about Geoffrey's health, the fact that he is so afraid and spooked so easily from, like you say abuse early in his life. Try singing a song that you love and watch his response and notice how much more relaxed you will feel. Hey, it's worth a try.;):) Next, sing to him while he is next to you and you are petting him.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
The view from your place is amazing! No wonder Geoffrey is always in the window. :)

Hope he's eaten something since your earlier post.

About the inspection, do you have to be there? If not, can you maybe put Geoffrey in his carrier and just go for a drive? Or even just down to the lobby or other common place, just while the beagle in in your apartment.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had the bed bug inspection thing last year. A unit had a bed bug problem and management wanted all the units checked. A notice went out informing residents what to expect and approximate times. Pets had to be either removed from the unit or put into the bathroom at least 2 hours before the inspection. I guess "fresh" pet scents or the presence of a pet can affect the bed bug sniffing dog. Only bedrooms where checked and the whole inspection took less than 5 minutes. Leroy and Emma hated being confined to the bathroom for a little more than 2 hours.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good to hear from you. The view with Geoffory on his tree is nice. You have nice tall windows! I bet he likes that. I hope he has eaten by now too. Maybe because he ate well yesterday, he ate later today? I hope that dog calms down in time. I wouldn't be able to deal with that either! Yes, hopefully the new couch will entice G to come sit with you. I know it will take time to adjust to the new place, but hopefully not long. The more settled in you get, & your touches will help.
Sending hugs to you both!! :hugs::petcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know we've discussed this before, in PM, but his running under the bed is less of an issue than it used to be. He's so shy that he does need his "safe space," but he has gained enough confidence to come out and enjoy your company, play time and his tree. He'll get there, and it's GREAT that his tummy is starting to behave!

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I discovered, yesterday, that my neighbor, who has the dog, is in the hospital.. That is why I have not heard the dog for a couple of days.. He must not be here.

Geoffrey has enjoyed the quiet. He is out from under my bed and just under the quilt.

I had his nails trimmed on Tuesday. Weird, he has pretty much gone on his own diet since then.. He is not eating much.. but, I am letting him be.. and we will see what happens...

It could also be the 'curse of the case'... each time I buy a case of food from Chewy, my cat will refuse to eat the food...
fingers crossed...

Massive 9 alarm fire about 5 miles from me.. beach is covered in smoke.. We are advised not to breathe it in, due to chemical hazards. It is a casket manufacturing company which has the fired. They had to evacuate part of Boston due to the toxic smoke.

I shut my windows, and pulled out my second air purifier. Geoffrey is not happy with it running at full power, oscillating...

A couple of pictures of his face, while he was playing with DA BEE, tonight...

fullsizeoutput_7c5.jpeg
2UjOVmw6SjqJN7ZElf+pew.jpg
fullsizeoutput_7c2.jpeg

He is still a baby.. over 3 years old.. not quite 4....

and his squeaky voice.. which had me up all night---again...

Geoffrey's latest escapade: He jumps on top of my new dresser, then takes a flying leap onto me--who is sleeping, in bed.....talk about a wake up, a thud, and a crash!!! and then a squeaky NE--oww..

not a good way to wake up...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
There is a huge adjustment to living here. I am still not accustomed to it.. I think Geoffrey has acclimated better and faster than me.
Maybe you need a cat tree like G to look out at the coastal scenery? ;)

The pics of Geoffrey are awesome! His eyes are bright and alert. He looks amazing and has you to thank for that. :touched: Best wishes to both of you. :goldstar:

Last edited: