Geoffrey ~ Diarrhea~

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to find out what happens to pets when you go to the hospital so you can make arrangements for Geoffrey, if heaven forbid, you do have to go. Even for a broken bone you'd be stuck there for a few days.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Sorry not to post an update-- I have been sick with various ailments for a long time..

Geoffrey has been blossoming in his new environment, he is loving the move we made.. He is so happy here.

That is up to a few days ago..

It is either his blossoming or the Prozac really kicking in.

He is now so good with any repairman, maintenance person who comes in.. and the bedroom has needed a ton of work..

Geoffrey has been staying under my quilt.. more than under the bed.

All he wants to do is play!! and I am his playmate! First thing in the morning, anytime during the day, and after our supper..

He is enjoying looking out the windows. He loves to look at the people walking by, the seagulls--yuck, and the cars on the street.

Geoffrey was cuddling with me, each time I lied down on the bed, when I was sick.. and for naps.. would come right up to me, sniff me, talk to me.. and cuddle..

It is now too hot for the all night cuddles, so he cuddles when I go to bed, then leaves me.. looks out the window through the blinds, then jumps on top of my printer, which is on top of my dresser. I have greeted him, "Good Morning" at that spot for several days now.. no use shooing him down..

Yes, we are talking to each other now. His high pitched- "neows", brummmps, 'neews'.. etc.. We do have conversations with each other.

Last week, he decided to greet me, when I returned from errands~~ sweet boy.. He would come out of my room, and meet me at the door or the kitchen.

He endured a lot of stress last week: guys finishing the window work.. a couple of maintenance guys watching them..and then checking out their work; another day, another maintenance guy to fix blind.. a friend came over for some computer help~~ asked to see him.. and then a friend came over and was a pain to him--she just loves him....

All this time, he was under my quilt.. did run under the bed when Ernie was here. Had to force him out.. Ernie never comes to visit..
but loves cats..
Geoffrey was really good.. recovered pretty well from all of this commotion.

Sunday, when I returned home from Church, Geoffrey greeted me!!!! When I returned from the trash room, he greeted me again, this time RUNNING OUT THE DOOR!!!

OMG.. first time he has been so bold. I was a bit scared. If he went to the left, it was a dead end. If he ran to the right, my corridor joins the main corridor which leads to the rest of the building, with a couple of other corridors off the main one.. We would never catch him.
I do not even know how many apartments are on this very long corridor--I think at least 30...

Thank goodness he took a left!! and then ran running right back into our open door..
~
I was thinking we could probably decrease the prozac dose... but, he started having some stuff come up..

Living on the beach is not a picnic. On Sunday, it was incredibly hot. I had to have the AC unit on--blows and makes noise.. The bedroom was hot.. Geoffrey is not a fan of the AC wall unit.

When I did have the windows open, the noise pollution was ridiculous.. TV/stereo had to be so loud.. I could not even stand it.

I think this noise pollution, the heat, really got to Geoffrey.

He has been crying a ton.. running into the bathroom, crying~~ trying to tell me something.. jumping into the tub.. all of his prior anxiety symptoms..

He has cut down dramatically on his food intake.. not eating the RC Rabbit.. his stools are still ok..

I do not know what is going on with him..

I would really worry, but he shows signs of not being anxious: He has discovered the sofa.. claiming the back of it as his...
kCMh8m7JSbawg087o+0+hw.jpg

Yesterday afternoon, he curled up down at my feet!! That was a first!!
Last night, he curled up with me, on the sofa, again.. and I had the fleece throw on me!!

When I lie down on the sofa, he is usually on the back of it..

G has discovered his hiding hold in the cat tree.. He never did that before... and he seems to want to always be around me.

He is also allowing me to brush him~~on his cat tree!
~~~

The other day, I was lying on the sofa, he was on the back of it, facing me.

Geoffrey yawned wide.. it looked as if a back molar's gum was red, on the inside. I tried to open his mouth to get a better look, but he is not allowing me to do so..

I wish I knew if it was bothering him, or he is tired of the RC Rabbit. It has been a constant for him, since December. I do not want to start switching foods around. I do not want to make him into a fussy cat..again..

He was eating the Hills/Science Diet wet WD, mixed with the RC Rabbit.. but I found the texture, smell of the WD to be disgusting. They did change the recipe. I know they did. I saw a couple of people mentioning it on Chewy.

So I stopped feeding him the wet WD..
He still gets a mixture of dry WD and Dry RC Rabbit during the night.

He seems to need the extra fiber that the WD provides..
~~~
Geoffrey does have a plastic fetish~~ as Artie did.. but I could at least have plastic bags as trash liners.. no so with this guy. Any little piece of plastic hanging out of the closed trash can; he will chomp on.. When he is hungry and does not want his food, he looks for and finds plastic--anywhere..

I cannot keep a lot of things around. Geoffrey finds them.. walks on top of things...

Last week was Arties, First anniversary. I have a picture of Artie on the lowest level of my entertainment center. Geoffrey did visit it when I initially placed it there~~weeks ago.

On Artie's anniversary, Geoffrey went right up to his picture, sniffing it. It looked like he was kissing it, and listening for wisdom..

He did this twice.. I was amazed. He just walked over to it, sniffed, sniffed, sniffed.. and looked like he was listening..
So weird...
~
Geoffrey gives me kisses.. I call them that.. He is always sniffing my face.. my nose, mouth, cheeks.. His long whiskers tickle me..and his nose is always wet.. sometimes he get to my mouth.. such a weird cat.. I call these kisses.. always rubbing my face.. my cheeks, my hair.. my hand..

We do exchange a ton of slow blinks.. even with him initiating them.. sweet boy...

I think that is enough of me gushing on and on about him.. I have too much time on my hands right now.. should be making appointments..

Wish he would allow me to trim his claws.. he is terrified of me touching his paws.. weird.. I try, so he can get used to it, but he is frightened of any touch to them..

He is 4+ years old, acts like a big baby.. I call him my baby boy.. my big baby..

fullsizeoutput_84b.jpeg

Geoffrey absolutely LOVES watching TV!

fullsizeoutput_84d.jpeg

qBM%iQkCRrejKL+PXEj06A.jpg

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds good, sorry you've been sick. Here's a thought. You might want to keep a supply if Geoffrey's most favorite treats and use them ONLY for when you do his nails, have to make him go into a room to wait for strangers to leave, or if he runs out the door and turns toward the main corridor. Put the treats in a metal container - cookie tin maybe - so that you can shake it and he will recognize the sound.

Of course this doesn't limit his second favorite treats at all. Just gives you an emergency persuasion supply.

hugs and pets to you both

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You might want to keep a supply if Geoffrey's most favorite treats
That would be a great idea, but Geoffrey does not get treats.

I sound like a horrible person, but he had so many bowel issues, that I stopped the treats completely. He only eats prescription food.. in wet and dry form.

This combo has been helping him, at least I think so.

Fingers crossed, he has not had diarrhea since moving.

He improved once we moved.. perhaps it was all stress related, but I am not one to tempt fate by trying treats...

I am utterly smitten with the picture of Geoffrey watching TV!
He is always watching TV~~ seriously! He will stop what he is doing and watch it for a minute or longer..

The picture was when he was absolutely enthralled with what was on TV. He kept that position for several minutes..

Geoffrey also loves to "air out his 'parts'"..
Lies on his back so often..

Kflowers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
admitting that we do not do treats either because some of us are somewhat round.

However, since Geoffrey doesn't get treats you could keep an emergency box of treats and only give them to him if he goes down the wrong hall. It isn't so much to give him treats as to remind him to run toward your door not the hall. I know one treat probably isn't a good idea with his delicate insides, but I don't like the thought of you running down the hall or him getting into the crowd and maybe slipping out the outside door. fingers crossed, you bet.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so happy to hear that Geoffrey has been doing well. It sounds like he has finally figured out that he IS in forever home, & you are his momma now. :) (& Saw him through his issues, & kept him around, unlike his past owner!)
How far he has come!
Those pictures are so cute. Love him watching tv, so funny! Im sure Artie was giving him guidance from the other side.:rbheart: :)
That's so sweet.
As for the door dashing, guess you'll have to just be extra careful coming & going. Him getting out would be scary!
As for treats, I wouldn't want to tempt fate either after all you've been through, & his system finally settling down. Here's an idea though, was he ok with chicken? I don't remember. If so, maybe just some of the natural freeze dried chicken treats would work for that sinario. I used to buy them for Angel. Pure bites. I would buy the bigger bag for dogs instead. Much more for the price. Plus, any larger pieces could be broke in half, so you get even more out of it. tiny bags for cats w/ tiny pieces were rediculous. They wont make sound in a container, but you could crinkle the bag.
Just an idea. Oh, & there are more choices than chicken too.
Im so sorry you are still sick. I know you've been dealing with a lot. I hope you will start feeling better soon.
You can definitely be proud of Geoffrey and how far he's come, and proud of yourself for helping him get there! :hugs:
Good job mamma! :clap:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Sorry not to post an update-- I have been sick with various ailments for a long time..
Sorry to hear this. :alright: Sending you healing vibes.:vibes::vibes::vibes:

Geoffrey has been blossoming in his new environment, he is loving the move we made.. He is so happy here.
So happy to read this. :) Hopefully the change in his eating that you mentioned next is just a blip, and he'll be back to normal soon.

Last week was Arties, First anniversary.
A year already. :( You're not forgotten Artie. Not by your mom, nor by Artie's Army. Thanks for sending Geoffrey to be with your mom. :redheartpump:

I think that is enough of me gushing on and on about him..
Gush on and on whenever you want. ;)

Wish he would allow me to trim his claws.. he is terrified of me touching his paws.. weird.. I try, so he can get used to it, but he is frightened of any touch to them..
I feel your frustration, as my Ruby's not terrified of me touching her paws, but she HATES me touching them. And her claws really need to be clipped now. :(

He is 4+ years old, acts like a big baby.. I call him my baby boy.. my big baby..
Awww.... :petcat: :heartshape:

I sound like a horrible person, but he had so many bowel issues, that I stopped the treats completely. He only eats prescription food.. in wet and dry form.
Not horrible at all. With a cat with bowel issues (my Ruby's one too) it's imperative to stick with the foods that agree with them. Ruby doesn't get any treats either. However, she eats mostly prescription canned food, so we call her prescription dry food "treats". ;)

Geoffrey also loves to "air out his 'parts'"..
:flail:

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
what a beautiful boy, I am so happy that another kitty will be given a wonderful life full of love. Please let us know how he is doing