Found this site very helpful

Seymour

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have found this site very helpful when looking for information on kitty-related stuff. So thank you. My guys appreciate all your help.

I have a long history with cats, having grown up with them and owning many of my own over the years. I have fostered many tiny orphan kittens and bottle fed more than I can count. I've known success and also heartbreak. It's so hard when you lose one. I've also been the caretaker for an established colony that was TNRed and have found more stray kittens and cats than I want to count. My kids were also bringing home strays they found. Both are adults with their own cats now.

I have a good and patient husband who, although not a cat person at first, has yielded to the charms of the many cats that have passed through our lives. He's installed cat fence, built shelters and helped with TNR operations.

At present we have seven adult cats. Most are 12 and older. The oldest cat we ever owned was believed to be about 23 when she crossed the rainbow bridge. She had been a parking lot cat for years at a place where I worked. I brought her home and she lived her final years as a beloved indoor cat with all of the food and soft beds she could ever want.

My current batch include brothers Mr. Peabody and Sherman. They came from a household with a ton of cats, none of which were neutered or spayed or ever taken to the vet. Jimmy (named by a friend who picked him up and declared he "looks like a Jimmy to me"), Pretzel and Itty-Bitty are the others in the front of the house. We have two FIV Positive cats who live in a separate part of the house (Stanley and Mel). I have to separate them from my other cats because Stanley fights and sprays with everyone except Mel.

At the moment I have six feral kittens I am socializing and things are going pretty well. I'm not quite there with a couple of them, though. I've also been doing TNR on the cats who camp out in our very large and wooded backyard. My goal is to have all of the kitties that we feed neutered and spayed to put a stop to homeless mama cats having baby after baby. That's going well and I hope to have all of them taken care of before the end of the year, unless a new one pops up unexpectedly.

Sorry for the long introduction. I have been reading and enjoying this forum for a while and am looking forward to all of the good advice when I have a problem or need a solution, which is often.

Thanks for having me!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
unnamed.gif
and kitty gang and on behalf of at the Catsite community, a warm
83b628873c7a2419b34230feadd8daf9.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Do post photos of your kitties for us to see!

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2:
Thanks for all you've done for all the stray and feral kitties over the years. :redheartpump::petcat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Seymour

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Meet Sherman and Mr. Peabody. Sherman likes boxes and the smaller they are, the more he likes them.

Mr. Peabody likes to snuggle with a crate liner. We call it his "girlfriend." Sherman is spicy, bossy and very much in charge. Peabody is sweet and low key. They're brothers rescued from a household with six female cats and an overwhelming number of kittens, none of which ever went to a vet. When we took these two we offered to help the remaining ones with spay/neuter to cut down on the numbers, but they weren't interested. It was such a shame.
Sherman  copy.jpg
Mr. Peabody with his Girlfriend%22.jpeg

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks, everyone. My kitties rule the roost around here!
Isn't that how it's supposed to be?? Lol
It sounds like you have a lovely group of lovely little kitties. I can't wait to see more pictures the longer you are here.
A very warm welcome to TCS.

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meet Sherman and Mr. Peabody. Sherman likes boxes and the smaller they are, the more he likes them.

Mr. Peabody likes to snuggle with a crate liner. We call it his "girlfriend." Sherman is spicy, bossy and very much in charge. Peabody is sweet and low key. They're brothers rescued from a household with six female cats and an overwhelming number of kittens, none of which ever went to a vet. When we took these two we offered to help the remaining ones with spay/neuter to cut down on the numbers, but they weren't interested. It was such a shame.View attachment 457911View attachment 457912
Sweet kitties, are their names from the1960's cartoon, I used to watch it and I thought the wayback machine was so cool. 😆