Florence

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Saw videos of pet rescues. Thank God for those brave, loving folks. A

Yes, this will be a long and slow recovery. I don't yet know if going "home" is even a real option anymore. But, I have a place to go, and have been told repeatedly that I can stay here until I can relocate, if that is what I have to do. I am SO BLESSED! And SO MUCH is TCS members! This really is the most remarkable site anywhere!

That's an interesting idea from @catsknowme about NC people getting together. I think there are more than a few TCS cat lovers here!
Wouldn't that be fun? I'd love it!

We all went to a Chinese restaurant today. It's mostly a take-out place, but the food is excellent. They have some tables and we were able to sit and eat. The service was great, too!
It was YUMMY! I'll be having the leftover later today!

Boris Diamond Boris Diamond I like the idea of getting together for a meet and greet. Once things calm down we should get together and do lunch or dinner and see what we can come up with. I had no idea we had so many members in the area!
LOL, I may have to hitchhike!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Keep us updated on your situation. Hopefully you didn't have any flooding!
I can't find any definite information. The back half of my complex (where I am) has flooded several times before when other places didn't, so...who knows? I KNOW power is still out, but I THINK there may be water. Food is VERY scarce there right now. I saw a notice that Walmart would try to open today until six, with very limited supplies. I'm so glad I didn't stay! Swallowed that pride, took the wonderful offered help, and got out!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I saw a picture of a man with a kitten, the kitten's name was Survivor. The man was wading through water, it was raining and that kitten was on his shoulder. The kitten was drenched but he was getting out.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Getting power back on is going to be a problem. They had crews staged outside the area that was going to be hit from several states, there were crews from Ohio there. The problem is with the flooding and downed trees they are very limited as to the areas they can get into.

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Your host is wonderful to allow you to stay as long as needed.

Even if water is running, it might be contaminated after all the flooding nearby.

The doctor who told you about the power problems is awesome. He's definitely one to keep.
Supplies are probably going to continue to be scarce until the roads and power situations are resolved.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard from my neighbor's surgeon. He said that the surgery went great! My neighbor has been moved to ICU and is expected to make a full recovery! The surgeon said that it was not as bad as they thought it might be. Thanks so much to everyone for your prayers and good wishes. :thanks::rock::grouphug2::clap:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I just heard from my neighbor's surgeon. He said that the surgery went great!
That's wonderful news and I hope his recuperation goes smoothly. :crossfingers:

Special thoughts go out to you for your help and thoughtfulness during this stressful time. :vibes::vibes::vibes:

I don't yet know if going "home" is even a real option anymore. But, I have a place to go, and have been told repeatedly that I can stay here until I can relocate, if that is what I have to do. I am SO BLESSED! And SO MUCH is TCS members! This really is the most remarkable site anywhere!
Yes, TCS has many wonderful members and you, my friend, are one of them. :hugs: Take good care of yourself and HeKitty, the rest will fall into place.

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just heard from my neighbor's surgeon. He said that the surgery went great! My neighbor has been moved to ICU and is expected to make a full recovery! The surgeon said that it was not as bad as they thought it might be. Thanks so much to everyone for your prayers and good wishes. :thanks::rock::grouphug2::clap:
Very glad to hear it. Every once in a while good things happen to good people.

Margret

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
So glad to hear he is ok and it was not as bad as first thought.

Please give him a gentle hug from me and my girls.

Mia

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
Just got word from my doctor's office that my end of town will be without power for WEEKS. Good doctor, no? He advises that I stay where I am for now.
You and Hekitty are safe. For whoever took you in may the deity of the choice bless them forever.

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
This is great news. Me and Manny are hoping for a smooth and speedy recovery! Sending you good vibes and prayers!:vibes:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm back home safe, and getting back online again. First couple of days were spent putting things back where they belonged. I had just THROWN stuff I cared about up as high as I could pile it, hoping for the best.

It truly is an ill wind that blows no good at all. I have met three wonderful people, who treated a stranger as family, and that will stay with me for the rest of my life! Boris Diamond Boris Diamond , you know. You know. You are my new brother, should you decide to take that mission...if not, this message will delete in 30 seconds.

Last edited:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm back home safe, and getting back online again. First couple of days were spent putting things back where they belonged. I had just THROWN stuff I cared about up as high as I could pile it, hoping for the best.

It truly is an ill wind that blows no good at all. I have met three wonderful people, who treated a stranger as family, and that will stay with me for the rest of my life! Boris Diamond, you know. You know. You are my new brother, should you decide to take that mission...if not, this message will delete in 30 seconds.
Alright! Mission accepted, my kitty loving sister! Loved having you here, as did my neighbor and his housekeeper. You are welcome to visit anytime. It was great for me to have such an intelligent conversationalist to dine with!

Neighbor is still recovering nicely and he was told that the doctor has decided that the second surgery will not be needed. :yess: Though he needs to stop overdoing it! (His own admission!) :crossfingers: :please: