Florence

foxden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953
THIS MAP might help you. If your internet is very slow, this might be too frustrating. Computer screen is probably easier than on my cell phone.

The center of the map is near Havelock. I would move the map around and then zoom in. There is a red line around flooded creeks superimposed on the street map.

To me, this map looks like most of Havelock is above water.

Last edited:

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Boris Diamond Boris Diamond I had no idea you are so close to me. I wish I would have known! I could have rode shotgun and watch the gas gauge for ya! :lol: Seriously, what a great thing you done going and getting Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 . :yess:Your my hero! We should get together some time since we're so close. I had no idea that Mamany was disabled either. Glad you guys are safe and sound! I'm posting a few pics I took earlier around the house. This first is of Manny deciding not to go for a walk!
IMG_5242.JPG IMG_5225.JPG IMG_5215.JPG IMG_5226.JPG IMG_5228.JPG IMG_5223.JPG IMG_5240.JPG IMG_5216.JPG IMG_5230.JPG IMG_5231.JPG

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sabian sabian : Prayers & vibes that you ride out this storm safely. Sounds like after this weather is all past & life back to normal, you NCans can arrange a TCS meet up. We used to have them rather often in the 2000s. When I flew to Nashville to visit siblings, the Knoxville cats arranged a meetup so I rented a car & drove on over - it was beyond my most hopeful expectations. I went to a pizza bar & spent 2 nights; got to meet TCS kitties - it was great!

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Boris Diamond Boris Diamond I had no idea you are so close to me. I wish I would have known! I could have rode shotgun and watch the gas gauge for ya! :lol: Seriously, what a great thing you done going and getting Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 . :yess:Your my hero! We should get together some time since we're so close. I had no idea that Mamany was disabled either. Glad you guys are safe and sound! I'm posting a few pics I took earlier around the house. This first is of Manny deciding not to go for a walk!
View attachment 253162 View attachment 253164 View attachment 253165 View attachment 253166 View attachment 253167 View attachment 253168 View attachment 253169 View attachment 253170 View attachment 253171 View attachment 253172
Lol - yes, sabian sabian , I could have used someone to keep an eye on the gas gauge! :thumbsup: Manny was extremely wise not to go out in this!

That's an interesting idea from catsknowme catsknowme about NC people getting together. I think there are more than a few TCS cat lovers here!

We all went to a Chinese restaurant today. It's mostly a take-out place, but the food is excellent. They have some tables and we were able to sit and eat. The service was great, too!

I talked to my neighbor who is having surgery on Monday. I passed along everyone's prayers and good wishes. He was humbled. And my appreciation to all those who have sent their thanks and good wishes. I am humbled too.

The rain has mostly ended and according to my rain gauge, we have had 5 inches. There are some roads closed and I doubt I will go anywhere tomorrow. The rivers will flood. My best wishes to all those who are suffering damage from this storm. :grouphug2::heartshape: But here, at least, we have been extremely fortunate not to see worse! No trees down, no flooded basements and no power outage! :bunnydance::dance:

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise

sabian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
catsknowme catsknowme Thanks for the well wishes and prayers! I think that's a great idea getting the NC TCS members together for a meet and greet.

I consider myself blessed at this point. Compared to most other places in NC, what I got was nothing. I've actually seen worse in a passing thunder storm. I think I may have gotten 6 to 8 inches over a couple days. I spent a couple days cleaning gutters and drainage ditches, etc. I was prepared for a lot worse. Funny thing, I went to Lowes Fri. to get some corrugated pipe and they were sold out. Went to Home Depot right across the street and they were sold out. There was another guy walking around looking and I asked him if he was by chance looking for corrugated pipe and he was! I told him not to go to Lowes they were sold out too. He said he had just come from there. He was actually 2 cars in front of me coming from Lowes to Home Depot. He said, who would have thought that corrugated pipe would be as hard to find as bread and milk!...lol...We both admitted we were doing things that we had put off for a couple of years. Luckily there was no wind with the heavy rain or it may have been a different story. The wind was dead calm.

Boris Diamond Boris Diamond I like the idea of getting together for a meet and greet. Once things calm down we should get together and do lunch or dinner and see what we can come up with. I had no idea we had so many members in the area!

I cover a territory from Hickory to Knightdale for my work so, with all the flooded roads I'm taking the day off to clean up around the house. Looks like Raleigh/Durham got hit pretty hard with flooding!

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 Keep us updated on your situation. Hopefully you didn't have any flooding!