Florence

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Margret Margret - My sincere apologies for having called you by another name. I understand that under certain circumstances, that can make women extremely unhappy.
Don't worry about it; I've spent over 50 years correcting the spelling and I'm used to it. And I know that people get a certain spelling in their head and fingers and it can be very difficult to override it - that's how habits work. I once ruined three birthday cards to my sister-in-law because my hand insisted on writing "Barbra" instead of "Barbara"!

Margret

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My user name is also my first name. It is spelled Denice instead of the normal Denise. My mother wasn't sure of how to spell it. She was filling out the form for my birth certificate and she asked the other lady in her room how to spell it, that was what the lady told her. I just let it go unless it is something important legally and I have had to correct it more than a few times. A few years ago I actually seen it spelled the way mine is, first time I had seen it.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Hurricanes loose strength as soon as they hit land--nothing to feed it
Or when they get to cooler waters..

Florence seems to be an extremely slow mover, due to the pressure currents.

You guys are great with the scientific explanations.

Up here, Boston, we are expecting the remains of Florence on Tuesday.. not the disastrous rains, but still some heavy rain.. 1-2 inches, all day..

The past several days have been mostly cloudy, spotty showers with a occasional burst of sun...

Yes, I am praying for Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , her host, her ferals and her guardian angel: Boris Diamond Boris Diamond ..

and all the people down south, in Florence's path....

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This one is almost sitting in the same spot and dumping more and more rain. That is the real danger of this storm. I grew up in Kansas. I remember some of the hurricanes that hit in certain spots along the gulf coast would affect us. It would be several days of continuous rain.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am praying for Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , her host, her ferals and her guardian angel: Boris Diamond Boris Diamond .. ...
Hekitty and I are safe and sound in Reedy Creek, NC. We're tucked in with wonderful people. Ya'll pray for my host. He is having open heart surgery on Monday, came up VERY suddenly. But his housekeeper and I get along SO well. STILL don't know, and probably won't until Monday, if I still have a home, but all is well with us, at least. ...
Oh no! Boris Diamond Boris Diamond will be having heart surgery Monday?! Prayers and STRONG wishes of stamina and strength and support to Boris Diamond Boris Diamond from me! Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - please give him a hug from all of us!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh no! Boris Diamond Boris Diamond will be having heart surgery Monday?! Prayers and STRONG wishes of stamina and strength and support to Boris Diamond Boris Diamond from me! Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 - please give him a hug from all of us!

NO!! Boris Diamond is NOT having heart surgery nor heart issues!!!

Boris Diamond's next door neighbor, is the one hosting Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and Hekitty.

He is an elderly man, with a housekeeper.

Boris Diamond only has a one bedroom. His kind, gentle man---his neighbor, is the one who has 2 bedrooms. This way, Mamany has her own bedroom where Hekitty can stay in~~ away from the resident cat and dog....

Kindness of strangers is overwhelming!!

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
artiemom artiemom - oh! Thank you, I misunderstood you, I thought you meant Boris Diamond was the one who was the guardian angel hosting Mamanyt1953! My heart skipped a beat! Well, absolutely pass those wishes onto the next door neighbor then! And hugs to Boris Diamond too!
:goldstar:
:grouphug2: :grouphug2: :grouphug2: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers:

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
DreamerRose DreamerRose - The rumour is that Hekitty sent Boris Diamond Boris Diamond a threatening text message, and he came to Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 's aid because he didn't want to be in trouble with a Tortie.

;)

J
I've been outed! Seriously, it was Leonid, Seal and Diamond who insisted that I go. They could not stand the thought of sweeties like Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 and Hekitty going through the difficulties that can come with a hurricane!

And I had my faith in humanity boosted a bit too. Mamanyt and I got to talking and I completely forgot to get gas! We ran out about 30 miles from home. And on the interstate. :paperbag: We had not been sitting on the side of the road for two minutes when someone stopped to help us. Two great young men! We were back on the road in twenty minutes! I tried to buy them a meal, but they would not take any reward. Blessings on those two fine young men. :angel:

Last edited:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mamanyt and I got to talking and I completely forgot to get gas! We ran out about 30 miles from home.

Boris Diamond Boris Diamond - Do you have any idea how many times this ploy has been tried? Guys have been "running out of gas" since the days of the Curved Dash Olds. It always ends the same way - with her Father pushing you down the porch steps.

Take it from me - when you get her home, DO NOT go up those stairs!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Boris Diamond Boris Diamond - Do you have any idea how many times this ploy has been tried? Guys have been "running out of gas" since the days of the Curved Dash Olds.
SPUTTERSNORT! No, no, he was a perfect gentleman! We were just...talking cats. You KNOW how that is! And one of the young men took Boris Diamond Boris Diamond to get the gas, while the other stayed to make sure I was safe. Couldn't leave Hekitty, you know.

The latest flood risk maps show Havelock as OK. That said, we are currently under a flood watch there, I JUST got the notification. I found TWO LONE PICS of Havelock showing localized flooding, but not enough detail to tell what part of town! WHAT a tease that was!