Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
i bought ground instead of whole bean, ha!!! save a step. if i can tell a big difference
i'll go back to whole bean.👍☕
The biggest difference is that a bag of ground bean doesn't stay as fresh or flavorful as a bag of whole bean that you grind every day or every few days. Benefits of Purchasing Whole Bean Coffee vs. Pre-Ground Coffee
Please let us know if you notice a difference after finishing the bag - good luck! :crossfingers:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
i bought ground instead of whole bean,
Depending on how recently it was ground, you might not tell much difference at all. HOWEVER...I suggest putting the ground coffee in an airtight container, then storing it in the freezer. It will stay fresh MUCH longer that way.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I just got back from the supermarket and Starbucks already has their Christmas flavors in the stores. I saw the Holiday Blend, Peppermint Mocha and Gingerbread. There were probably others as well. I didn't look that closely because I am not that crazy about flavored coffees.

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got back from the supermarket and Starbucks already has their Christmas flavors in the stores. I saw the Holiday Blend, Peppermint Mocha and Gingerbread. There were probably others as well. I didn't look that closely because I am not that crazy about flavored coffees.
what brand do you drink?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was really sick from that whole ghost pepper I ate yesterday. I tried to get a coffee at Tim Hortons at 9:30am, but I was just too sick. The line was really long & I felt like I was gonna puke all over everybody, so I ran out & did dry heaves in the parking lot. Went over to mom's and she made me chai tea with a protein drink in it & maple cream.

I laid in a chair for 3 hours with Tiggy kitty. Then I felt better, so I went & got a Pumpkin Spice Latte made with soy milk at Tim Hortons. The one I got yesterday on the Rez tasted better.

Then I made a vanilla cappuccino at mom's house with my Folgers powder mix & hot almond milk.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have to make up a new batch of my house blend tonight. I'm running low, but I have everything I need. I ALSO have to make a new batch of base for iced tea. I've learned how to make three 3-cup batchs of VERY strong tea all at once, that I can add to a gallon pitcher with water. That lets me basically make 3 gallons at once. Saves a lot of time. Before I developed diabetes, I'd also make enough simple syrup for three gallons of tea so that I could just add that to the pitcher, and not worry about the sugar not dissolving.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
9:30am-- Got a small Hazelnut Cappuccino at a convenience store about 10 minutes from home & drank it at my friend's house on the river near there.

11am-- Met dad at that same convenience store, but had a small Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino this time, and he had black coffee while we waited for them to make our lunch.

12:30pm- Met dad at Tim Hortons in town. I had small push button Vanilla Cappuccino. He had medium black coffee. I said small medium roast, but they gave me medium in size, not roast. Ha!

1pm-- Met dad at a deli! I had small Pumpkin Spice Cappuccino, he had Bourbon Caramel Butter Pecan Ice Cream Cone. It was so huge & sloppy, he bit his lip and blood went everywhere! Scared the crap out of me. He is on blood thinners, so he bleeds easy.

4pm-- Went back to Tim Hortons before I headed home. Had a medium vanilla cappuccino made with soy milk.
IMG_20231015_120149.jpg
IMG_20231015_161126.jpg

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dad said that the lady behind the counter warned him that he should get a dish instead of a cone since they like to give huge servings of ice cream. But dad said no, I want a cone, I'll just eat it really fast. Scared the crap out of me, I'm thinking is his ice cream supposed to be bright red?! He said his lip is still sore. Hopefully next time he will get a dish!

Drinking-- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Spice liquid creamer, 3TB Hills Bros Vanilla Cappuccino Powder, 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast instant Coffee, 1TB Pumpkin Caramel syrup, 1/2Tsp Pumpkin Spice Powder, in a cup of warm milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.