Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dunkin has a weird aftertaste to me, and seems watery. Tim Hortons is way better. But it's Canadian, so only in Canada & upstate NY I think. Also some convenience stores have awesome push button cappuccino.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You have my sympathies, I stopped going there ages ago since their coffee is too weak for me. :nono:

Dark roast black this morning and a hot Americano this afternoon before going to the opera.
When I go to Dunkin, I get the Cold Brew Iced Coffee. It is much better than the regular iced coffee. I really do not care for their hot coffee. If I want hot coffee, and I am out, I will tie the bullet and go to SB..

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I should try that nutty pumpkin at Dunkin one of these days.

Dunkin has a weird aftertaste to me, and seems watery. Tim Hortons is way better. But it's Canadian, so only in Canada & upstate NY I think. Also some convenience stores have awesome push button cappuccino.
I just did a search for near me and while there aren't any in Illinois, they do have some in Michigan, so maybe at some point I can get to one of the towns that have them to try.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just lurking here, and thought I'd mention that despite Tim Horton's having a Canadian identity, they are now owned by a Brazilian investment firm, that also owns Burger King.

From Wiki:
On August 26, 2014, Burger King agreed to merge with Tim Hortons for US$11.4 billion.[11] The two chains became subsidiaries of Toronto-based holding company Restaurant Brands International, which is majority-owned by Brazilian investment firm 3G Capital, on December 15, 2014.

There's still tons of Tim Hortons locations here though. Some literally across the street from each other. People here love their Timmies!

As for US locations, they are slowly expanding, with locations now in
Georgia, Indiana, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Texas and West Virginia
Locations List | Tim Hortons

Just finished my morning Suisse Mocha, btw. It's cooling off here a bit, so I'll be back to having it and my green tea daily again soon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's cool that Burger King bought Tim Hortons. Now they will expand everywhere. Yay! They are in every town here now.

The Dunkin nutty pumpkin coffee isn't that exciting. They have a new pumpkin chai latte. Can't remember if I tried that yet or not, so I will try that this weekend.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I asked for extra sugar to be safe, but I enjoyed it. I'd get it again.

I bought this one at the store today.
View attachment 459987
Both of you are the opposite of me. When I was still going to Starbucks I would ask for half the flavored syrup and an extra shot of espresso. The normal way they made lattes was too sweet for me.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
When I was still going to Starbucks I would ask for half the flavored syrup and an extra shot of espresso.
I don't have any flavored syrup in my lattes, just espresso and steamed oat milk.

Two cups of dark roast black coffee again today. Hopefully I'll get to one of the coffee shops I like this weekend.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning I had Tim Hortons Medium push button powder mix french vanilla cappuccino with one pump of cinnamon sugar syrup. Went with my high school pal. I was trying to buy her coffee, but she snuck up with her phone & did some crazy scan to pay thing when I turned my head for a second! Technology is amazing, didn't even know that was possible.

Also had a pumpkin spice cappuccino at a convenience store about 10 minutes from home. Mom's roommate's cousin paid for it. So I didn't pay for any of my drinks today!

Status
Not open for further replies.