Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Dark roast black this morning - it was so nice that I didn't have to wake up early or leave the house until mid-morning so I was able to sit and relax while drinking my coffee. Made a coffee bean run this afternoon and got a latte w/oat milk and extra cinnamon on top. DH got his usual too, i.e. chai latte.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah, probably was the tax. Today my Papa went with me to Tim Hortons! He didn't drink anything but I got a french vanilla cappuccino with one pump of cinnamon sugar syrup added, with a dome lid. I like those lids with a spout, so I don't need a straw.

Later on I had an English Toffee Cappuccino at a deli in town while my mom had an icecream.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
I finally broke down and bought the Peets Pumpkin Spice K-cups. It seems to be the only brand of PS that I care for. The is the one and only time I will buy PS this season.. Now, when Peppermint Mocha comes out-- I am all in!!

I am still drinking decaf, and will have caffeinated coffee, one day a week.. Usually on Sundays because I get up so early.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am getting over a cold so I felt like having a hot tea. I placed an order through the Dunkin app and picked it up. When I got it home I noticed that they didn't leave the tea bags in the cup like they usually do. Then I tasted it. It's coffee. the sticker on the cup says hot tea. It's definitely not tea. :rolleyes2:

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am getting over a cold so I felt like having a hot tea. I placed an order through the Dunkin app and picked it up. When I got it home I noticed that they didn't leave the tea bags in the cup like they usually do. Then I tasted it. It's coffee. the sticker on the cup says hot tea. It's definitely not tea. :rolleyes2:
Dunkin annoyed me the other day, too. There was a deal in the app for a signature PSL, and not realizing there was a difference, I apparently ordered a regular one and didn't get the deal. And I asked for a pumpkin muffin and got a pumpkin doughnut instead. It was lame.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My friend sent me some pumpkin spice syrups from Amazon for my bday, so I tried the pumpkin spice cheesecake one in my Aldi vanilla cappuccino that my dad picked out for me. I think it's sweet how they both know what I drink.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We tried a new coffee shop yesterday. I always get something simple when I go to a new place so only had an Americano. It was okay but the espresso could have been a little stronger. DH ordered a chai latte w/skim milk and had an upset stomach ache shortly afterwards. He thinks maybe they used whole milk instead. :eek2:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
10am-- Tim Hortons push button powder french vanilla cappuccino with one pump of pumpkin spice syrup with a dome lid! $3.11 for a medium.

4pm-- At mom's in a snowman mug! 2 k-cups of Aldi caramel cappuccino broken up in a mug of warm unsweetened almond milk. Added a TB of Cinnamon Honey. Mom's roommate cat Tiggy!
IMG_20230915_114147.jpg

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This one Dunkin I've gone to a couple times lately is completely incompetent. Last time I mistakenly ordered a regular rather than a signature psl, so I was like, I'm going to go in rather than through the drive thru this time and get it right.

So they gave me an iced signature psl with hot written on the label. And I was like "ugh," and the manager told them to remake it and I ended up with another iced one! And finally third time was the charm. I think I need to stop going there.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This one Dunkin I've gone to a couple times lately is completely incompetent. Last time I mistakenly ordered a regular rather than a signature psl, so I was like, I'm going to go in rather than through the drive thru this time and get it right.

So they gave me an iced signature psl with hot written on the label. And I was like "ugh," and the manager told them to remake it and I ended up with another iced one! And finally third time was the charm. I think I need to stop going there.
The one by me is either great or terrible. I'm still SMH about how I could order a hot tea and get a coffee. DD stopped going to the location near her because they messed up her order so many times.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one by me is either great or terrible. I'm still SMH about how I could order a hot tea and get a coffee. DD stopped going to the location near her because they messed up her order so many times.
The two I go too more often are much better. But this one is on route when I go to La Leche League meetings, and they seem to mess up more often than not. I think I need to give up on this location.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
A couple of weeks ago, I tried a different Dunki location. Boy, what a mistake. This one has to be the worst one around. Som many incorrect orders, wait time was outrageous, employees clueless. Never again.

Went to my regular Dunkin this morning, after church and picking up a few items at the grocery store.
I tried a medium Iced "Nutty Pumpkin" with almond milk.. Wow, was it sweet. IF I order it again I will ask for them to cut back on the syrup from 3, down to 2 pumps.

Now, I can say I had my "pumpkin" Dunkin for the Year! I still have the K-cups in the house. Drat, I found another box of them, hidden...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all need a Tim Hortons! They are expanding around here. Me & dad went to one yesterday in Malone, home of Farmer Boy Almanzo Wilder from Little House on the Prairie. They knew how to make my drink hack! Push button French Vanilla Cappuccino with one pump of cinnamon sugar syrup & one pump of maple syrup. $3.11 for Medium

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Y'all need a Tim Hortons! They are expanding around here. Me & dad went to one yesterday in Malone, home of Farmer Boy Almanzo Wilder from Little House on the Prairie. They knew how to make my drink hack! Push button French Vanilla Cappuccino with one pump of cinnamon sugar syrup & one pump of maple syrup. $3.11 for Medium
Unfortunately, this area is consumed with Dunkin stores.. Starbucks is in second place. There is not clientele for a Tim Hortons..
Wish there was a good private drive thru coffee place.. either Dunkin or SB... It is Massachusetts, the "HOME" of Dunkin'...

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I tried that Dunkin Nutty Coffee today, since you said it was sweet. I got it with 3 Stevia added, but it still wasn't sweet or creamy enough for me! I prefer my cappuccino.

I also had coffee at my friend's house at 9:30am this morning. I have my coffee supplies there, instant Italian espresso, shot glass of Folgers vanilla cappuccino powder since she doesn't have any measuring cups or spoons, half milk, half water. It was 2% Hood milk, pretty good. Also added 4 little shelf stable vanilla creamers, forget the brand. Yummy & super sweet concoction!

Status
Not open for further replies.