Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesCalifornia

Mr.Mom to a house of cats 😇😼
Top Cat
Purraise
There should be words for:

1. When you get that mix just right of freshly ground beans and hot water…and treat yourself to a dab of cream, making time stop and the whole world seem at Peace.

2. When you forgot you made a batch the night before and don’t have to in the morning.

3. When, even if you don’t drink it much, the cuppa is there beside you, a comforting friend & punctuation mark.

4. When you have a stock of The Good Stuff in, and don’t have to go roaming.
~ This makes me want to grind some beans for a fresh pot ... 😚
coffee-emoji-by-google.png

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just got an Americano and a ham and swiss croissant stuffer to go with it. The Americano is the way to go with their coffee. It's way better than their house blend coffee and not much more expensive. They forgot to add the cream but I just added some myself when I got home. The croissant stuffer was OK. Nothing special like most of their savory food. The exception to that are the hash browns which are SO good. I got one because there was an offer on the app to get it for $2 with the purchase of a medium or larger coffee. I wouldn't pay full price for it.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
LOL, still wallowing in the from-scratch hot chocolate.

HOWEVER, if you love hot tea, and if you LOVE to read, may I suggest the Tea Shop Mystery series by Laura Childs? It is chock-full of information about teas, and the proper way to brew them, as well as sections at the back on tea party foods, ideas for tea parties, and a lovely list of resources for all things tea...magazines, newsletters, sources to order high-quality teas.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yesterday I had a medium french vanilla cappuccino with cinnamon powder at Tim Hortons. That is my new drink. I like it so much better than Dunkin & it's $2 cheaper. It was just under $3.

Also had a vanilla cappuccino earlier in the morning at my friend's house. I keep my coffee supplies there and go over usually on Sunday morning around 9:30am.

This morning I'm drinking Tim Horton's vanilla cappuccino powder for at home use. It's pretty good, but not worth $8! I didn't ask the price, since that stuff is usually pretty cheap everywhere.

When you guys all go to Dunkin, can you please post your exact orders? It seems like I hate every combo I try there, it's never sweet enough & tastes like thin water to me. I want to find a good drink for the times I end up there with friends & cousins. I prefer Tim Hortons or convenience stores though.Oh, I don't drink cold coffee though, only hot. I don't like iced.

Last edited:

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I learned yesterday that package coffees have about a six month expiration date so if you want the freshest you need to look at expiration dates on them. Just never thought about it when picking up bags of ground coffee. I need to get back to that grocery store with all the grinder and all the different beans so it’s really fresh.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Stopped at Dunkin between Stroller Strides and Kid Rock. I had a deal in the app for a free medium cold brew with any purchase, so I spent $1.77 on a double chocolate doughnut for the feral toddler and got a free drink. I feel like it was better the last time I got it. Not sweet enough and I added in a few sugar packets. Ah well, it's working for killing time.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I learned yesterday that package coffees have about a six month expiration date
You can extend that considerably with an air-tight container and the freezer. I use a zip-lock bag, zip it almost all the way closed, insert a straw into the tiny gap, suck all the air out, and slam the zipper closed.

I still have a few days of made-from-scratch cocoa, then I'll kick of the teas with the Confetti Blast.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just drinking this vanilla cappuccino powder from Tim Hortons. Had 1/4 cup in whole milk this morning. Hope I have enough to last me until I go shopping Friday! I don't even have any flavored creamer. I left my extra creamer, espresso, and cappuccino powder at my friend's house to drink there on Sundays.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking my Tim Hortons vanilla cappuccino powder again. This time I only used 3TB because it's almost gone & I'm not going shopping until Friday! So it has to last me for 4 more coffees. Hope I can do it! Then Friday morning I will get a cappuccino when I'm out, then get some more powder while shopping.

I don't think I like almond milk anymore. Or maybe they are watering it down? It doesn't taste creamy to me anymore, so probably going to switch back to cow's milk. I would like to try Oat Milk one last time though, to compare.

I added Sorghum Syrup to my cappuccino. It was pretty good. A fun change and I'm trying to use it up.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I don't think I like almond milk anymore. Or maybe they are watering it down? It doesn't taste creamy to me anymore, so probably going to switch back to cow's milk. I would like to try Oat Milk one last time though, to compare.
I used to drink almond milk but prefer oat milk now. A lot depends on the brand you use. I prefer Oatly but Planet Oak is my second choice and a little cheaper too.

Dark roast black this morning. We found a new independent small coffee shop that we like and try to support so I had a 12 oz. hot Americano there this afternoon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1/4 Cup Tim Hortons vanilla cappuccino powder, 1TB coconut sugar, finished up the almondmilk. I'm getting dangerously low on my cappuccino powder, but I think I have enough until I go shopping Friday morning.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking my Tim Hortons vanilla cappuccino powder again. This time I only used 3TB because it's almost gone & I'm not going shopping until Friday! So it has to last me for 4 more coffees. Hope I can do it! Then Friday morning I will get a cappuccino when I'm out, then get some more powder while shopping.

I added Sorghum Syrup to my cappuccino. It was pretty good. A fun change and I'm trying to use it up.
Maybe try some half and half in your coffee, it’s a little creamier than milk

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Well, tomorrow will be the last of the from-scratch hot cocoa. WHIMPER...but there are k-cups of tea awaiting me!

~ For those who are lazy I find that this is a very good instant coffee ... ☕ 😋👌
Not lazy, but I keep a container of instant on hand for hurricane season. I have a butane camp stove, and a camp coffee maker, so I can boil water for soups, instant coffee and such. I'll give that one a try next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.