Coffee and Tea Talk - 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got Wendy's last night and I decided to try the vanilla Frosty-ccino. It was slightly disappointing. Not really frosty or coffee enough somehow, but it was pretty cheap, so I'd likely try the chocolate version.

Another of the turtle iced latte from Dunkin today, so we could get our free doughnut for national doughnut day.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you order their lattes, do you customize them at all? Or do you just say I want a turtle latte?
If I order in person or in the drive thru I don't usually customize because it feels too difficult - especially in the drive thru where sometimes I can't hear well (I think I did remember to ask for light ice in an iced coffee once), but if I have money on a gift card and order through the app I'm more likely to put in customizations because I trust it more when it's written down

catapault

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not read through all 33 pages so no doubt I've missed whatever discussion there has been of cold brewed coffee. What I've been doing is about 3 / 3.5 ounces of coarsely ground dark roasted coffee with 2 cups of water in a French press. Filter is gently pushed down just below the surface of the liquid. Then I try to fill this nto the refrigerator for 12 plus hours before pressing down on the plunger and decanting.

Pour over coffee ice cubes to serve cold with milk and sugar. It really looks best in a glass mug, to my mind.

How do you do it?

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was excited that Google said we had a 7 Eleven in town. They have great cappuccino! But we don't have one. I drove there and checked and it's A Plus, which has crappy cappuccino. I don't know why Sunoco has different convenience stores now. It's only Sunoco gas pumps, then the store part is a different name. The cappuccino doesn't taste good anymore at the A Plus locations.

furmonster mom

Lap #2
Top Cat
Purraise
~ I continue to find coffee marked down. I will eventually try all of them. Seattle's Best is a good one.

When we originally moved to this giant desert city from Seattle 20+ years ago, we would drive 20 minutes to the only little coffee shop that served Seattle’s Best regardless of all the Starbucks scattered about.

We were a bit sad when Starbucks bought SB, even though they promised to keep SB as it’s own “thing”.
And now there a rumor Starbucks wants to sell (sold?) SB to Nestle. 🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.