Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, drank a cup of tea during the Zoom appointment. Finished up with the morning chores.. even brushing Geoffrey.

Just had a power bar---Go Macro. I really like these bars. Sweet, but not too sweet.. just right.

1pm is the next Zoom meeting! This time on TV and on Cell phone.. I am going to do both.. so I can ask questions, or add comments, if I feel like it..

Lari Lari Chai Tea sounds so good... I have to find my box of it! It may be a good day for it...

After my appointment, I did go downstairs to sign up for an art appreciation class, tomorrow.
There are only 15 seats available. You have to be vaccinated and boosted, and Masked during the class...
I was interested in it, but fearful... After my appointment, I decided that I have to find a way to live with this isolation. I really do... I know they are trying to keep everyone safe in here, but.... so I am chancing it. I want to sit next to the door... on either side of the room.

vansX2 vansX2 I do take a Vitamin D supplement. My D has been a bit low, for years.. My PCP advised me to take it.
I need to get into a schedule.. and do somethings productive.. and positive..

M maggiedemi I fear your hot flashes/night sweats are menopause. Drinking caffeine can intensify them... sorry..((hugs)))
The cold weather affects people prone to depression. Being closed in, not having the bright sun on us, just not having the windows open.. this all affects me, every winter. And I really hate being cold. It is just the enclosed feeling...
Try writing in a journal.. kept private to yourself. just write down your thoughts... whenever..
And Color!! and, as I have to do, is get back into reading... That I really used to enjoy... This is a great time to do so... cuddle up on the sofa, drink some tea.. soft music going, put my fireplace on, and just relax, while getting immersed in a good book...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
My Suisse Mocha this morning and Lemon Green Tea this afternoon.

Same here. I was doing much better in the warmer weather before the pandemic when I could get out to restaurants, stores, and on my walks talking to neighbors. I've slipped back into the old ways. Hopefully I can get back in the spring.
I'm the same. I used to love browsing through stores, but now don't go anywhere unless it's something essential, like groceries. Hopefully by spring things will be better.

as I have to do, is get back into reading... That I really used to enjoy... This is a great time to do so... cuddle up on the sofa, drink some tea.. soft music going, put my fireplace on, and just relax, while getting immersed in a good book...
If you need book suggestions, this month the book club is reading the non-fiction book "A Lion Called Christian", and next month a fictional fantasy called "The Invisible Life of Addie Larue".

Here's the thread links if anyone wants to check them out. Everyone is always welcome to join in any month.
January 2022 book of the month club - A Lion Called Christian
February 2022 book of the month club - The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue

Coffee or Tea, Cats and Books make a purrfect combination.
1641930894777.png

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never read books anymore since I got the cats. I should start again one of these days...

Drinking-- 1/3 cup Milk, 1/3 cup Water, 1/4 cup Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Creamer, 2Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, 1Tsp Espresso Sugar

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I never read books anymore since I got the cats. I should start again one of these days...
I always read but started reading more during the pandemic. rubysmama rubysmama is right, coffee or tea, cats and books make a purrfect combination. :catrub:

Dark roast coffee this morning and stopped for a latte while running a few errands this afternoon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama --Did you ever end up trying the Vanilla Cafe version of your Swiss Mocha powder? I have some in the cupboard. They have a Hazelnut one too. They usually put chocolate in with the hazelnut, kinda like a nutella flavor. I ordered a Hills Bros. Hazelnut Cappuccino powder from Walmart, we'll see if I can branch out. Do you have Hills Bros in Canada? They are my favorite. They have a mocha one.

Drinking-- 1/3 cup Milk, 1/3 cup Water, 1/4 cup Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Creamer, 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, 1/2TB Espresso Sugar

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama rubysmama --Did you ever end up trying the Vanilla Cafe version of your Swiss Mocha powder? I have some in the cupboard. They have a Hazelnut one too. They usually put chocolate in with the hazelnut, kinda like a nutella flavor.
I did try the Maxwell House Vanilla Cafe. I didn't hate it, and did finish it, and might even buy it again for a change. We don't have the Hazelnut one in Canada though. :(

I ordered a Hills Bros. Hazelnut Cappuccino powder from Walmart, we'll see if I can branch out. Do you have Hills Bros in Canada? They are my favorite. They have a mocha one.
Never heard of Hills Bros before, but checked Walmart Canada's site, and sure enough, they have it. So might have to try them.
1642007870475.png

Checked to see if Amazon has it, and talk about highway robbery! Exact same size as Walmart. :hmmm:
1642008032141.png

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did try the Maxwell House Vanilla Cafe. I didn't hate it, and did finish it, and might even buy it again for a change.
Oh good, glad you liked it some.

Never heard of Hills Bros before, but checked Walmart Canada's site, and sure enough, they have it. So might have to try them.
Yes! I hope you try it. They are my favorite brand.

Drinking--Milk, Water, Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Creamer, Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, Peppermint Sugar.

I ordered some instant Espresso finally! And some fun milk substitutes for my cappuccinos. Yay!

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Drinking-- half milk, half water, Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Creamer, Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, Espresso Sugar. This espresso sugar is tiding me over until I get my Espresso from Walmart, but man is it crunchy! Not fun to chew your coffee.
Finished up the Sweet Cream Creamer, so it will be something different next, not sure what...

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I know this may sound blasphemous to you coffee connoisseurs, but any idea which instant coffee would have the mildest taste, and would go best with the coffee creamers? I'm itching to try a Hazelnut or Caramel creamer, and want to be able to taste the creamer flavour, not the coffee. :paperbag:

I am thinking probably Maxwell House, since it's the instant coffee in my Suisse Mocha, but not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.