Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Even though I dislike decaf, I think I have to drink it for my nightly cup. I think my night sweats went away with it. Funny that 4:30pm is too late to drink caffeine? You would think that would be enough hours before bed.

1/3 cup 2% milk, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Creamer, 2Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee. It's taking forever to use up this coffee. I want to switch back to Espresso so bad, I really miss it.
1641566155117.png

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Everyone has their own tastes. Mine seems to have a lower sugar threshold.

Tea with almond milk, and a teaspoon of maple syrup. It is Barry's Tea, form the UK.. I think Ireland. It is much stronger than any American company. I like it. A real full bodied tea taste.

I put a tad too much maple syrup in it.

I think, because of the snow; it is going to be a tea day..

M maggiedemi I cannot drink caffeinated drinks after 2pm. They keep me up all night.

If the night sweats continue, please see a doctor...

Or if you are in your 40's, it could be the beginning of menopause.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I cannot drink caffeinated drinks after 2pm. They keep me up all night.
If the night sweats continue, please see a doctor...
Or if you are in your 40's, it could be the beginning of menopause.
Huh. I thought that would be enough hours, but I guess not. Okay, I'll switch to decaf at night. I did see one decaf espresso at Target. I'm 46. Can't go to my doctor at the moment because they would instantly remove me from here, and I'm not ready yet.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
M maggiedemi I cannot drink caffeinated drinks after 2pm. They keep me up all night. If the night sweats continue, please see a doctor... Or if you are in your 40's, it could be the beginning of menopause.
You took the words right out of my mouth! :yeah: Perimenopause can start as early as your 40's, it's different for everyone though.

I'm 46. Can't go to my doctor at the moment because they would instantly remove me from here, and I'm not ready yet.
Don't worry, even if it is perimenopause, it's a natural process most females experience at some point in their life. If you wanted to learn more you could look it up on a reputable site. I would say talk to your mom but something tells me that's not a good idea. 😉
I think by switching to decaf later in the day you'll be able to know if the cause is caffeine or not.

It's so cold here today, -3F this morning and -15 with windchill, that I savored my morning cup of dark roast coffee. Just holding the cup in my hands warmed me up. I'll definitely have another mid-afternoon.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I ordered a bag of this and it came today. Italian Roast Espresso
That's interesting. Is Italian Roast the same as Espresso? I really thought I would like French Roast, but it's nowhere near as good as Espresso...If I'm obsessed with Espresso, what other roasts would I like? I like to have variety, but every cup I drink, I'm wishing it was espresso!

1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Creamer, 2Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, 1Tsp Espresso Sugar.

This Espresso Sugar is really good! But it doesn't dissolve well, it's crunchy! Probably best for toast.

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's interesting. Is Italian Roast the same as Espresso? I really thought I would like French Roast, but it's nowhere near as good as Espresso...If I'm obsessed with Espresso, what other roasts would I like? I like to have variety, but every cup I drink, I'm wishing it was espresso!

1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Creamer, 2Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, 1Tsp Espresso Sugar.

This Espresso Sugar is really good! But it doesn't dissolve well, it's crunchy! Probably best for toast.
What is Italian Roast Coffee? (with pictures)

I tried it today. It is really good. I make it in my drip coffee maker so I guess that makes it an Americano. It does remind me of the Americano from Dunkin.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I had my usual dark roast coffee with breakfast and planned to get an Americano when picking up Carleton's cat food this afternoon. But it was much colder out than expected so just wanted to go home and make another cup of dark roast coffee.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Milk, Water, Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Sweet Cream Creamer, Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, Espresso Sugar.

I love the Espresso flavor of this sugar, but it is so crunchy! They really failed at making this properly, it won't dissolve. I am so obsessed with Espresso though, I need to get some more. I'm surprised that French Roast is my brother's favorite. I don't really like it. It doesn't even taste like a dark roast to me, kinda bland.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Suisse Mocha and Mint Green tea yesterday.
Suisse Mocha so far today. Probably Lemon Green tea this afternoon.

All the coffee creamer comments has me tempted to try one. I'd have to buy some regular coffee, though, and it would have to be instant, since I'm not ready to buy a coffee maker. But it would probably be similar to my mocha, which is instant coffee with chocolate flavouring.

So where are coffee creamers in the grocery store? Refrigerated section? And how long do they last once opened?

Status
Not open for further replies.