Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
You should probably mix the water and instant coffee together, before you heat it. Heat it for the 2 minutes take out and then add the rest—- to taste. My gut feeling is that you are using too much milk and creamer.

Just my opinion. And use a large mug.

If, after adding the milk and creamer, it is still cold— then reheat in 30 second increments. That is, until you have it down.

I never measure creamer or milk. I go by taste.

What do the directions say?

From what my understanding is: you add more water than creamer or milk. In other words— more coffin cup then add creamer/milk.

Try it.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What do the directions say?
I don't think they instruct you how to make it, but I'll look. I think it just says how much to use. Today I put the 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup milk in for 1 minute, then stirred. Then added 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee and 1/3 cup Planet Oat French Vanilla Oat Creamer. Then back in the microwave for 1 minute. It still exploded all over! I'll try adding the creamer a little later than 1 minute.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think they instruct you how to make it, but I'll look. I think it just says how much to use. Today I put the 1/3 cup water and 1/3 cup milk in for 1 minute, then stirred. Then added 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee and 1/3 cup Planet Oat French Vanilla Oat Creamer. Then back in the microwave for 1 minute. It still exploded all over! I'll try adding the creamer a little later than 1 minute.
is it just getting to hot and boiling over?

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After the traumatic experience of taking J for a blood draw (basic food allergy panel), we went through the Dunkin drive through and got mama a winter blend with sugar and oatmilk.

Dunkin really skimps on their milks considering they charge an extra 60c for them.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
After the traumatic experience of taking J for a blood draw (basic food allergy panel), we went through the Dunkin drive through and got mama a winter blend with sugar and oatmilk.

Dunkin really skimps on their milks considering they charge an extra 60c for them.
Poor you!

Yes, Dunkin’ puts hardly any non dairy milk in the coffee.

With the cold brew, I had to say: 3 almond milk!
It seems when you say, extra almond milk, they do not comprehend!!

Need to say the 3 pumps!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Poor you!

Hey, question! When you say that, do they charge you 60c for each pump? Like add a whole $1.80? Or is it still 60c, because I'll be more specific if the price is the same! But if it's going to be robbery, I might just get black and add fake milk at home.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
How about J? Did you get a munchkin donut for her? 🍩

When I order almond milk in a latte at SB I always tell them to shake it up first otherwise it's kind of watery. It used to be free if you had a reward card but not anymore. :(

Two cups of dark roast coffee today. The morning cup helped warm me up since the outside temp. was 9F degrees.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How about J? Did you get a munchkin donut for her? 🍩

When I order almond milk in a latte at SB I always tell them to shake it up first otherwise it's kind of watery. It used to be free if you had a reward card but not anymore. :(

Two cups of dark roast coffee today. The morning cup helped warm me up since the outside temp. was 9F degrees.
No, they're not dairy free.

My husband thinks if this test doesn't come back positive we should just start giving her all the food I've been restricting, and that he doesn't want to mess up her digestive system by not giving her all foods. It's so frustrating, because it's not like I want to be on this restrictive diet, but I cut out the foods because they were already bothering her and she's better off. And that the dairy is an intolerance/IgG so it's not going to show up on an IgE panel, and that I'll attempt the dairy ladder again in February. I do all this research and sometimes he just thinks how he feels about things is right. :gaah:

Sorry for venting on the coffee thread. Just currently kinda frustrated.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup water, started to almost boil over at 1 minute 30 seconds, so stopped it and added 1/2TB Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee and 1/3 cup Planet Oat French Vanilla Oat Creamer. Then put it back in for the final 30 seconds. Best one yet!

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Same today.
Poor you!

When you order Dunkin use the app. You can indicate how many pumps of whatever creamer you want on there. I always do that.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I do all this research and sometimes he just thinks how he feels about things is right. :gaah: Sorry for venting on the coffee thread. Just currently kinda frustrated.
That's okay, vent away. I'm on your side. 🤗 I assume you are the one who is more involved with her meals and taking her to the pediatrician, is that correct? If so, then tell your husband you want to do what is best for J and perhaps in time she will outgrow the dairy intolerance.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, question! When you say that, do they charge you 60c for each pump? Like add a whole $1.80? Or is it still 60c, because I'll be more specific if the price is the same! But if it's going to be robbery, I might just get black and add fake milk at home.
No, they do not charge you for each pump. At least not yet!!!

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Same today.

When you order Dunkin use the app. You can indicate how many pumps of whatever creamer you want on there. I always do that.
Thanks for reminding me I need to download the app! :lol:

That's okay, vent away. I'm on your side. 🤗 I assume you are the one who is more involved with her meals and taking her to the pediatrician, is that correct? If so, then tell your husband you want to do what is best for J and perhaps in time she will outgrow the dairy intolerance.
I'm absolutely sure she will. From what I understand 50% fully outgrow by 1, 75% fully outgrow by three and over 90% by 5. I feel like we were pretty close to passing step 1 last time (she failed close to the end of the week, and some babies fail right away), so I'm hoping come February she'll have outgrown enough to get through steps 1 and maybe 2.

He didn't think the hives she got after I gave her the salmon/cashew dinner were actually an allergic reaction. He was like "it's probably just from my beard when I kiss her", but it had never happened before like that and while they weren't super bad it was still terrifying. I do the majority of feeding/researching/doctors and I was frustrated he didn't think it was serious when it seemed really wrong to me. Maybe it was just random and not food related, but it was scary and not normal on my side.

I had some red raspberry leaf tea today. And finished the dairy free Christmas cookies, so my gingerbread house is my next eating project. Then I go back to losing weight.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My grocer had Tazo tea concentrate on BOGO. I got 2 of the Passion flavor. My current mix is 20% water, 30% sweet tea, 50% Tazo concentrate over ice. But I'll probably swap to water and honey for the sweetener because the sweet tea is just a bit too much for what I am going for.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks for reminding me I need to download the app! :lol:

I'm absolutely sure she will. From what I understand 50% fully outgrow by 1, 75% fully outgrow by three and over 90% by 5. I feel like we were pretty close to passing step 1 last time (she failed close to the end of the week, and some babies fail right away), so I'm hoping come February she'll have outgrown enough to get through steps 1 and maybe 2.

He didn't think the hives she got after I gave her the salmon/cashew dinner were actually an allergic reaction. He was like "it's probably just from my beard when I kiss her", but it had never happened before like that and while they weren't super bad it was still terrifying. I do the majority of feeding/researching/doctors and I was frustrated he didn't think it was serious when it seemed really wrong to me. Maybe it was just random and not food related, but it was scary and not normal on my side.

I had some red raspberry leaf tea today. And finished the dairy free Christmas cookies, so my gingerbread house is my next eating project. Then I go back to losing weight.
I've caught bits and pieces of the baby's food intolerances. What do you know so far is a trigger? What are you restricting? I had one with severe dairy issues and another who had acid and latex fruit issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.