Coffee and Tea Talk - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've caught bits and pieces of the baby's food intolerances. What do you know so far is a trigger? What are you restricting? I had one with severe dairy issues and another who had acid and latex fruit issues.
I cut out dairy back in March/April and that helped, but not completely. Pediatrician had me cut out soy in May, which was sooo difficult and wasn't making a difference so I food journaled and noticed she had worse diapers when I had fish, plus there was fish oil in my prenatals. So I added back in soy and cut out all seafood in June for a while and diapers got way better, and then successfully put back in shellfish once I was assured it was a different allergen, I think July.

Tried the dairy ladder in October after six months and she didn't quite pass step 1. It was six months off fish in December, so I gave her salmon along with lunch and dinner one day and about 15 minutes after dinner I noticed some hives on her chin and called the pediatrician who told me no more fish, and since there was cashew in the meal, no more of that as well until my appointment. Given that she'd successfully had cashew milk yogurt and it never bothered her when I ate it, I think it was the salmon, but we haven't had cashew since either.

So TL;DR currently dairy, fish and cashew free. It's been a crazy ride.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
so my gingerbread house is my next eating project
How do you eat that, just tear a piece off the house and put on a plate? Sounds like a fun project...

1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup water in microwave for 1 minute 30 seconds. Add 1Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee and 1/3 cup Planet Oat French Vanilla Oat Creamer. Back in microwave for 30 seconds. Pretty good! I reduced it to one level teaspoon of coffee because I have been having trouble sleeping even though my last cup is at 4:30pm.

Bri5

Seek justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Made a teeny bit of decaf since it's so cold. Finishing off the ID peppermint mocha creamer this week then back to buying only Silk almond vanilla.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Finished up the Planet Oat French Vanilla Oat Creamer, made in milk, with 1tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee. I added 1/2TB real maple syrup. That was really yummy! But it exploded all over the microwave before the 1 minute 30 seconds was up. :lol:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Saw this on Facebook. Thought I'd share.
No wonder I like an Americano so much. 😁

But it exploded all over the microwave before the 1 minute 30 seconds was up. :lol:
I know you've been experimenting and have tried so many different methods but I'm just wondering if it has anything to do with the cup you are using. I know some cups are more microwave safe than others. Just a thought :dunno:

Dark roast coffee this morning and had a latte at the coffee roaster where I buy my beans. SB can't hold a candle to them but when I'm in the neighborhood I do stop at SB.

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
kona coffee with last bit of vanila almond milk edit:rolleyes: its one of those mornings woke upthinking its 430 am just really looked at the clock to realize its only a lil past 2 am and i already took my meds and got my first cup made and drinking it already:lol:time for a nap later this morning i guess

Last edited:

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
if it has anything to do with the cup you are using. I know some cups are more microwave safe than others.
It's just a regular 12oz coffee mug. I think it's the sugar in the creamer or milk doing it. I just have to stop it a little before 1 minute 30 sec.

Water, Milk, Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Vanilla Creamer, Maple Syrup, Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee this morning.
1641399884159.png

Bri5

Alpha Cat
Purraise
Stopped at Dunkin for a medium peach passion fruit green tea. Prices have increased on everything this week. What used to cost us just over $10 for breakfast is now nearly $17.

Bri5

Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am thinking a bit of decaf again this morning. I do think coffee makes my eczema worse but I am so uninspired by hot tea today and need something warm.

maggiedemi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup water, 1/3 cup Coffee Mate Natural Bliss Vanilla Creamer, 2Tsp Taster's Choice French Roast Instant Coffee, 1TB Maple Syrup. That was a little too much maple syrup, or maybe cut back on the creamer. Too sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.