Cat Introduction Woes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Who are you kidding. Bêlit doesn't care what name she has, so long as the cuddles and canned food keep on coming.  

As to different characters, just go to a chart like this one, http://tools.oratory.com/altcodes.html and use alt+#s for the letter you want. I have the ones I use most memorized. Looks like I have to add a new one to the list now. lol

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
New update:

Bêlit just pissed off Sinbad by trying to give him a nose kiss. He was cautiously following her around, and when she spotted him she let out her excited happy greeting and trotted up to him tail high in the air and came in for a nose rub.

Sinbad ... did not like this. He hissed and turned slightly aggressive. No fighting or actual violence per se, but he started chasing and bullying her. I stepped in after he cornered her under a table and brought her back to her bathroom. Tomorrow we'll have a longer session, with both my husband and I watching. But tonight it had to be short once the bullying started because I have another head cold so on my own I'm not up to arbitration. 

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry, but :crackup::clap::lol3: SO funny! Sinbad is finally getting a taste of what Tempest has had to deal with all this time :evilgrin: Poor Bêlit though :( (love the name, btw :D )I hope she's not too upset at being spurned by the object of her affection :heart3: I'm sure she and Sinbad will get on wonderfully in the end - it just sounds like the poor guy doesn't know how to deal with a cat who WANTS to be friends and isn't scared of him :confuse3:

I honestly wouldn't worry about what happened today. We had a fair bit of this with Asha and Shadow at first, and they've worked out just fine :nod:

:eek:hno: Really sorry to hear you're getting sick again though :( Hope you feel better soon :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I know, it is SO funny reading about Sinbad and his new admirer.  
    How mean we all are.  

I think Sinbad will cope fine, he's just taking it all in and thinking about it all.  Who knows, he might even learn how to approach Tempest without freaking her out!  

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I wasn't up for much of anything last night so no meeting. :sigh:

I did spend some time curled up with Bêlit though, and she was happy.

She had her first taste of raw meat this morning, and ate it right up. Looks like this may be an easy transition. She is certainly Not picky!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Belit definitely looks happy there, and if it was me snuggling that belly I'd be happy too.  
   I bet she looks super cute tucking in to that food.  

BTW, I tried following the instructions for the character insertion but obviously not understanding them right.  

Last edited:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Hold down the alt key, and keep holding it while you type 136. It only works if the numbers are typed on the numbers pad though, not the line of  numbers across the top of the letters.

She is so cute when she gets her belly rubbed. She alternates between hugging me with her front paws while licking me and kneading the air.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am writing this with both Sinbad and Bêlit wandering around the house. While I am still a bit nervous and watchful, I am comfortable enough to be writing this while not knowing where either of them are! It's going rather well for their first extended meet. Sinbad is going full stalker boy, creeping along behind her as she explores the house. It's cute, but I can see that he is still nervous and jumpy. But they have come nearly nose to nose a few times, and he has taken a few playful reaches for her tail. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

They look too funny there, never taking their eyes off each other.  

So happy with how this is working out for you.  I think this sounds fantastic, and for a first prolonged meeting in shared space they did great with each other.   Wouldn't it be amazing if they settle down quickly with each other and then Tempest felt the Sinbad pressure was off her and decided it was safe enough to venture out more too.  

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Sinbad keeps patting her bum. He's following her through the house, patting at her bum and tail. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOVING this :clap: :D :woo::banana2::hobbes::woohoo::wow::jive::dance::hyper::party:

I have a really great feeling about these two now :eek:oh: Shouldn't be long before Bêlit and Sinbad are fully integrated :jump: Just waiting for the first snuggle pics to come :9:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, I expect it won't be long before we'll freely let Bêlit run around the house. They're both trying to interact with each other, they just haven't found comfort with each other yet. So watching them run around, it's a series of each approaching the other and being rebuffed, back and forth, getting closer with every attempt. Right after that last picture, of her on the chair, Sinbad actually tried to jump up to sit with her.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Nothing. The poor clumsy guy slipped and fell, and then ran off embarrassed.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is very clumsy, and often falls when trying to jump on even very low things. That's why Tempest's room is safe - he can't get onto the sewing table to get in the way she can. I think I've mentioned before that when we first adopted him he didn't seem to know how to be a cat - had no idea how to use a scratching post, couldn't jump or climb, etc. We've been teaching him, and he learns from watching Tempest, but I don't think he'll ever manage anything better than slightly clumsy.

Oddly Bêlit is very similar. She knows more than he did! But she does the same thing he used to do - walks and jumps using the entire length of leg on her back legs rather than just the feet. It seems very strange to me. Neither of them are comfortable jumping or climbing.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Definitely soulmates then
Hopefully, very soon they'll be inseparable
Inseperable in a good way of course.  

How wonderful that Bêlit hasn't turned round and swiped Sinbad for tapping her backside - I'm sure I would if a guy followed me about and doing that!  

I'd have laughed when he missed the sofa too - I laughed at Mouse when he did that (twice) yesterday.  I am a mean cat-mama.