Cat Introduction Woes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So I've had to start locking Bêlit up until Sinbad finishes his meals. I feel badly about it, but she is preventing him from getting enough food; he's been hunger vomiting. 

Aside from that though, I think the only thing left for their integration is me wanting them to cuddle. 

They are approaching best bud status now, every time they encounter each other in the house, they nose bump, then tail sniff/nuzzle each other. Whenever I fall asleep alone in the bed I am covered in cats when I wake up - Sinbad takes my feet as usual, Bêlit takes my knees. I even saw that magical tail heart earlier, when they are standing right next to each other so their tails make a heart shape. Wish I'd had the camera, it was adorable.

Before bed last night they gave my husband and I an absolutely adorable/hysterical shows -  it is Sinbad's habit to charge into the master bathroom when my husband is in there, to demand scritches. I think he thinks the toilet is the daddy scritching throne. He actually gets cranky and yells at me when I use it. "That's daddy's throne mommy, what are you doing in there?!"  

So anyway, last night hubby was in there, and Sinbad came charging for his scritches. Bêlit naturally wanted to know what was going on and followed. Well, apparently, this is super special Sinbad time, not to be interrupted, because Sinbad saw her approaching from behind, turned around, and popped her on the bum! Not his usual patting, but an actual go away smack! Then stood guard so she couldn't get near my hubby until he left the bathroom, smacking her bum whenever she tried. 

I heard my hubby roaring with laughter, and he started telling me this story, during which they gave me a funny show - Sinbad comes trotting around the corner, Bêlit behind him, and then! Wonders! Tempest jumped out of her room! Sinbad immediately starts heading up the stairs. Tempest is, after all, his one true love. Bêlit is good company, but Tempest is out! Bêlit got so upset that she was being abandoned - she actually jumped on top of Sinbad  trying to stop him from getting to Tempest. She wound up sprawled sideways across his back, two front legs on one side of him, two back legs on the other, and he was just trotting along completely ignoring her as he literally dragged her up with him. She fell off him halfway up the stairs, and then while Sinbad was pawing at Tempest, she did the pointed cat "I'm ignoring you" thing to Sinbad by sitting in the middle of the landing with her back to him, shifting every time he moved to make sure she was properly lined up for The Shunning. 

I think I was close to dying from laughter, both hubby and I were literally crying we were laughing so hard.  I wish I'd seen Sinbad smacking her bum. Oh man that would have been hilarious. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap::spit::crackup::flail::lol3::rofl::lol::lol2::jump::woohoo::hobbes:

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There's nothing wrong with separating them for meals - sometimes it just has to be done, and it's so important that everyone gets their full serving - no more, no less :nod: As I've said before, Asha and Shad can't eat together as Shad will claim both for himself as :king: :rolleyes: We have to closely supervise our dogs too, as Leah would eat Pixie's and her own, AND he'd let her! She's stolen treats from inside his mouth before now :bat::lol:

Everything else sounds just purrfect :9: Sinbad being comfortable enough to smack Bêlit when he feels the need should put an end to your worries about him feeling pushed out - it's clear that if he wants one on one time he'll just make it happen :clap: :D

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, the first time I went for a nap I was sad thinking I wouldn't have a snuggly Sinbad any more, as I scooped him up like normal and carried him to snuggle as I fell asleep - but he immediately jumped out of bed and ran away to play with Bêlit. But then a little while later, he jumped on the bed and took up position at my feet. Then a few minutes after that, up comes Bêlit. She trilled and nose bumped Sinbad in greeting, then climbed up my legs to nestle in at my hip. Last night I went to bed early, and woke up the same way this morning, with a feet and hip snuggle. Hubby said it only took about 15 minutes after I fell asleep before they were climbing in with me.  

Locking her up is actually prolonging Sinbad's feeding time - he's so upset that she is gone he mills around the door whining at me. I think it's been about 2 hours now and he still hasn't finished his breakfast, he's too busy trying to convince me to let her out - but if I do, she'll eat his food while I'm dealing with morning chores. 

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D :clap::high5::9::bigthumb::blobgreen :jump::woohoo::heart3::love::blobturq::blobyello :blobmir::happy2::happy3::blobpink::banana1::rub::touch::blobmul::hyper::eek:oh::heart2::worship::itslove::heart::lovegrin::lovegrin2 :blobblue::clap2::blobpurpl :blobred::banana2::woo::dance::party::party2::party4::music3::hobbes::rockout::wow::winner: :D

Sinbad: - "Thank you for the best present ever Mommy :heart3: "

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Sinbad: - "Thank you for the best present ever Mommy
"
I don;t have the energy to repeat Columbin'es post but I wish I did.  My heart is racing and I am to happy for you.   Only one thing would be better than these two little fuzzies curled up, and that would be all 3 of them.  
  ​

Their being happy to share you in bed and not be at oposite ends like foot and head is amazing, I think they have come to an amazing understanding with each other, and I am sure you will see even more progress as they get to know each other better.   I am so made up that Sinbad finally has a real life cat cuddle buddy and not just a fluffy toy.  

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Wow, so many emoticons. 

I am very happy, too. 
 What was the most amazing thing with that second one ( I didn't see the office snuggles, hubby did and took a pic for me) was at Sinbad's instigation. She jumped on the bed and started walking over him because he was in her way. But Sinbad grabbed at her with both paws until he pulled her down, and started grooming her. She began purring almost immediately and snuggled up. It was just so adorable. 

Bêlit has also stopped using her litter box - now they share Sinbad's. Is it strange that I was able to see that just by glance when I was cleaning it? I scooped it and knew I was picking up both Sinbad and Bêlit pee/poop. Sure enough - her box has been entirely untouched all day, and I've had to scoop Sinbad's 3 times already. I think they are having a contest to see who can outdo the other in pee production.

Tempest is having a mixed time of it - they like to hang out on the landing which makes her grumpy. But Sinbad has started following Bêlit around more often, choosing to play with her rather than chase Tempest every time he sees her. Tempest has also realized Bêlit won't chase her, so she'll come out when she's on the landing. Which is nice. Hubby was afraid Tempest was going to back into full time hiding.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
All sounds good to me, esp the bit about Tempest being happy to come out on the landing when Bêlit is there because maybe, just maybe Tempest will brave up and have some kitty company too.  

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Does anyone have any advice for multi-cat play? Bêlit runs in and steals Sinbad's toys every time he starts playing. Whether it's with a human and wand toy, or by himself with a ball, mouse, or his favorite spring toys, it doesn't matter ... she zooms in and takes over, pushing him out. He just sits there looking sad, watching her play with his toys. She has her own, she just wants whatever he is playing with.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Yep, that sounds like kid n cat play.... grass is always greener and all that.  
   It fits with the 'his dinner is better than mine' behaviour as well.   It's a shame Sinbad doesn't repond with chasing after her and entering in to joined up hunting.

Do you have a long fishing rod toy like Da Bird that they can both chase after but not run off with?  Or multiple small mice / bird toys you can throw for them to chase after so it is more interactive and less about possessing one 'kill'?  There's also an added incentive to share if they get to play with you I suspect.   I know it's tiring but if you have a pile of toys so you don't have to keep going to pick them up, or Da Bird that takes little effort to swing it it does take some of the strain.   A Nerf gun not fully pulled back so the speed isn't too great and takes out the risk of a cat being hurt is also a good chase game that doesn't take too much human exertion (as long as you have a large pile of the darts to hand).

An extended Catit circuit is another option but it does need both cats to be interested in it to start with.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We had this situation with Shad and Asha - Shad always wanted Asha's toy :rolleyes: I dealt with it by having duplicates of the most popular toys, so both could have the same. It settled down over time though, so hopefully Bêlit will settle too :cross:

Toys like Da Bird are a great idea - that'd be my other suggestion.

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They do have duplicates. When we buy cat toys we buy one of whatever we are buying for each cat, but Bêlit ignores hers to steal Sinbad's when he's playing. 

Wand toys don't work either, I've tried straight up wand toys, as well as making longer ones to drag around - and she zooms in, steals it, and does not let go. In fact, I have to get my hubby to separate her from the toy, her death grip is so tight I actually can't get the wand back. I've also tried 2 wands at the same time, but she ignores whichever one Sinbad isn't using to grab the one he is. She's smaller and faster, so when he does try to get the toys back, he doesn't manage it. 

Right now I am simply locking her up in the bedroom or bathroom when it's time for Sinbad's play in the evenings, and when he's trying to play but she's too rambunctious. 

Though I am glad that most of the time, they prefer to play chase and smack the bum. 

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, we had a setback. Sinbad and Bêlit got into a fight over my lap. Bêlit actually hurt Sinbad before I could stop it, sending him into a panicked flight. He holed up in one of the cupboards. We managed to calm him down, but now he is unsurprisingly leery of her.

One interesting thing though, was Tempest came charging out of her room in full battle mode when he screeched in pain. Both my hubby and I believe that if his cries had continued, she would have unleashed her wrath upon Bêlit. 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Very stressful.    I hope it is only Sinbad's pride and confidence that have been hurt, and that he comes out and starts to check out what's safe again soon.

It is very scary to see and hear when they have a serious scrap too.   

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't know what to make of their behavior right now - they are still orbiting each other. The nose kisses, but smacks and tail lickings have stopped. Sinbad is swiping at her, and jumpy as hell. He doesn't want to be picked up or pet, because he needs to know where she is at all times. She seems .. hm.. I want to say frenetic but that isn't quite right. It's like she knows she's done something wrong, isn't sure what it is, and is afraid she's going to be abandoned or hurt.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to read of the sudden friction between the two of them :bawling: I really hope they've both calmed down and relaxed again now - even if only separately :cross:

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Yeah, right now when he wants to lie down and nap, he goes to the bedroom and I close the door for him. This way she isn't locked into a tiny room all alone, and he can sprawl comfortably. He knows to call for me when he wants to come out. 

losna

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She's living up to her name.

Yesterday I was roasting a chicken ... she tripped me when I was carrying the giblets, causing me to drop the spine and heart and spill blood across the floor .....

She was on it in a flash, gobbled up the heart in two bites, then ran off with the spine. I found her happily crunching on it in the basement. When she saw me, she raced back up to the kitchen and proceeded to lick the blood off the floor, then finish the spine while I was gaping at her.