Cat Breed

mikageme07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello! New member here. I want to know the breed of my cat because the breeder was very vague about it. Still, I wanted the cat so I got him. Can you please help me identify? They said that the kitten is a siberian cat.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He’s gorgeous! He sure looks like a Siberian kitten to me! What do you mean when you say the breeder was vague about his breed? Did they give you pedigree papers? That’s the only way to know for sure what breed a cat is, and without papers, he would technically be considered a Domestic Longhair, no matter how much he looks like a Siberian.

Here’s an article about Siberian cats: Siberian Cats

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
E6841162-829F-41F3-B027-57DDE8C29F4E.gif
mikageme07 and kitty, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
2062B759-209A-428C-BA6D-32B66F34C021.gif

Glad that you’ve joined us and you are in the right place for all things cat.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Your kitty is beautiful :lovecat4: :lovecat3:
Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mikageme07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's fantastic!! Did you get him in to a vet? What a sweetheart!!
not yet. But I'm planning to take him next week for his shots. I'm still strengthening him. When I bought him, he was so weak and thin. The previous owner neglected him. So I bought him despite not being sure about his breed. He was infested with ticks and had a lot of wounds from tick bites. He was scared of humans too.

mikageme07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He’s gorgeous! He sure looks like a Siberian kitten to me! What do you mean when you say the breeder was vague about his breed? Did they give you pedigree papers? That’s the only way to know for sure what breed a cat is, and without papers, he would technically be considered a Domestic Longhair, no matter how much he looks like a Siberian.

Here’s an article about Siberian cats: Siberian Cats
no, they did not give me any documentations. Well, the breeder told me that he had a litter of siberian kittens. So I bought this one. But then he posted a pic of one of the kittens saying that it was a persian kitten.

mikageme07

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
according to the breeder, these are his siblings. He told me they were siberian kittens, only to find out that he posted the calico one on fb as "pure persian". That's why I'm asking for help identifying based on their appearance. No pedigree papers either so I can't really be sure.

Attachments

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :wave2: I can't help you with his breed, but I can tell you he is simply adorable. :catlove:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
That's what we are here for! Oh...and my two cents worth? He looks far more like a Siberian than a Persian, to me. He's just not brachycephalic enough to look Persian.