Blue bobcat

auntiechachi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is Ash, I adopted her from a friend who said she came from a ferral litter, she was the runt. This was when I was in Pensacola. My dad has always said she has to have part bobcat in her. She does have mean streak and she doesn't doesn't always meow like other cats. She has a chirpy bark, which is really cute.

Attachments

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
PreciousPetsCatsHello.gif
auntiechachi and Ash and on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
35f00ad4152c495decd8eb9d829810cb.jpg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Ash is a lovely kitty! :hearthrob: :redheartpump:

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :thumbsup:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A HUGE weIcome to you and to Ash!

Um...Many, many years ago, I had a cat who may be responsibIe for Ash, if she does, indeed, have bobcat in her! His name was Grey, and he was a pedigreed Russian BIue, a gift to me. I named him "Grey." I was in second grade when we got him, this was in Panama City, and had him 14 years, astounding for a full Tom who lived outdoors most of the time. Had a pituitary disorder, and finally quit growing at 20" at the shoulder, weighed 29 pounds of muscular, fighting tom. Used to disappear for days into the woods and come home beat to heck and back. Trip to the vet, lie around the house till he's fat and sassy again, then back out. A local hunter came to the house one day and said, "Hey, I know why that tom of yours is all beat up. Come look in the back of the truck." There was the prettiest (dead) gunmetal blue bobcat you've ever seen. Grey was fighting the bobcat toms for breeding rights...and winning! Now, this was a good 60 years ago, but I did read an articIe about a decade or so back that mentioned a rare strain of bIue bobcats that no one knew the origin of. I do.

jojow

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A HUGE weIcome to you and to Ash!

Um...Many, many years ago, I had a cat who may be responsibIe for Ash, if she does, indeed, have bobcat in her! His name was Grey, and he was a pedigreed Russian BIue, a gift to me. I named him "Grey." I was in second grade when we got him, this was in Panama City, and had him 14 years, astounding for a full Tom who lived outdoors most of the time. Had a pituitary disorder, and finally quit growing at 20" at the shoulder, weighed 29 pounds of muscular, fighting tom. Used to disappear for days into the woods and come home beat to heck and back. Trip to the vet, lie around the house till he's fat and sassy again, then back out. A local hunter came to the house one day and said, "Hey, I know why that tom of yours is all beat up. Come look in the back of the truck." There was the prettiest (dead) gunmetal blue bobcat you've ever seen. Grey was fighting the bobcat toms for breeding rights...and winning! Now, this was a good 60 years ago, but I did read an articIe about a decade or so back that mentioned a rare strain of bIue bobcats that no one knew the origin of. I do.
I saw a picture of one on Montana Trappers FB page. They said it was called a Blue or Maltese color phase, and according to them, very rare. Only reason I ask is because I've only ever seen one bobcat and thats what it looked like. We were down near Branson fishing last spring and just up the road someone had hit a deer. I was driving by one morning and saw what I described as a black cat feeding on the deer. Dont think anyone believed me when I said it was almost black.