Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie update:
Artie acted the exact same way, last night, when I came home.. another 20 minutes of sliding on the paper!!! :clapcat: :runningcat:

And he is back to jumping into my bathroom sink?? Wonder what is going on? :dizzycat::climbcat:

As far as his renal blood tests and urinalysis.. NVet agrees with me. I am to let it go, until he goes in for a follow-up appointment.. Nothing is scheduled. It depends on how Artie is feeling. It is day to day with him. If I see anything which bothers me, I am to get him in to see NVet..

I know he needs a rabies booster, in a few months.. so perhaps then.

Another busy day..
finally had taxes done yesterday..
Today, I really need my luxury-- getting my hair done. It is too long. I want it short--with will show off my fat face, but it is really too long and the color is fading, at the roots...

gotta get going.. just wanted to update everyone..
Oh, Artie was a VelcroCat last night, when I came home and during my 'sleep(?)" ...
:redcat: :catrub: :lovecat2:
:clap::jive::dazzler: :vibes::vibes::poop::poop::gingercat2::lovecat2: :catrub:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Late this afternoon, I suddenly became so drowsy. I had to lie down for a nap. I took
"our" throw, to cover up with. I was on my bed, kitty corner, with a small pillow under my head, on my left side. I had to be there for a good hour, when suddenly, I felt a warm body up against my tummy. Yup, it was Artie.. he was looking for me. He somehow knew I was home ~~~ or was he just searching the place?

Yup, he was purring, kneading and loving.. I drank it up for a bit; even turning on my back. Artie was right there, under my arm. I got up, opened up a can of FF Gravy Lovers Beef.
(Artie had eaten an entire small can of FF fish).

After I put the opened can under his nose; He came running over to the kitchen, eating about 1/2 can. Now he is back on top of the bed, on the throw..

My sweet boy. Let's see how he is tomorrow.. he has not pooped....

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Late this afternoon, I suddenly became so drowsy. I had to lie down for a nap. I took
"our" throw, to cover up with. I was on my bed, kitty corner, with a small pillow under my head, on my left side. I had to be there for a good hour, when suddenly, I felt a warm body up against my tummy. Yup, it was Artie.. he was looking for me. He somehow knew I was home ~~~ or was he just searching the place?

Yup, he was purring, kneading and loving.. I drank it up for a bit; even turning on my back. Artie was right there, under my arm. I got up, opened up a can of FF Gravy Lovers Beef.
(Artie had eaten an entire small can of FF fish).

After I put the opened can under his nose; He came running over to the kitchen, eating about 1/2 can. Now he is back on top of the bed, on the throw..

My sweet boy. Let's see how he is tomorrow.. he has not pooped....
:heartshape::wavey: :vibes::vibes::vibes::poop::poop::poop::clover::goodluck:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I have not been to the grocery store to pick up the Vienna Sausages; but, I will, next week. I did stop at Trader Joes. They have the best Irish Soda Bread ~~ and not expensive.

As far as hair color.. well, lets say that my color exactly matches that of Artie. Yup, not deliberately done. My hairdresser does not know Artie's coloring. It is really the best color for me: Strawberry Blonde... light red base with blonde highlights.. too bad, my hair is so fine and scraggly.. it would look dynamite in long hair.. especially wavy..
Alas, it is short, and shows my fat face.. but, it feels good to have it short. It was too long; weighing me down.

Hate to have my picture taken... absolutely hate it...

If you put Artie and I together, you would swear I colored my hair to match him... but I did not.. it just turned out that way.

My hair is a darker, heartier red in winter. I change with the seasons.. It was time to highlight it. ...Yes, my luxury.. but I really do not have many.. Artie is one: meds, food, etc... and my hair.. my cable/internet... that is about it..

Artie ate really well, today.. Came home, his dish was licked clean = 3/4 small can.. He is sleeping now..

I have a ton of things to do. I am going to finish up having a lazy day.. and perhaps a nap in a few... after I dose Artie with his mid day cisapride.. no poops yet...sigh--waiting..

Artie has tons of boxes.. He used to really take to them.. not any longer.. I left the Chewy box out for him. He ignored it. He would rather the brown packing paper. I gave the box to one of my neighbors, who is moving...Hate to see him go. He has been living her, for a very long time.. longer than I.. and he is below me...sigh..
Oh, that's too bad about your neighbor moving. Good neighbors are treasures and I know, you never want them to move! I say that to mine around here, especially some that used to talk about maybe moving eventually -- the man now says they think they'll stay and I hope they do, because they're wonderful (cat-loving) people. I know all of the people on my part of the block who are cat lovers. They're the keepers, definitely.
Oh, good boy ARTIE! Keep up the great work on your food and keep playing kittenishly! We all love those good reports!
I love red hair. It is such a beautiful color. And you did post a pic of you where I could see your hair is very much the same shade as Artie's fur -- I think that's so lovely! I've gone through many periods of having different colors and styles of hair, and makeup, and clothes -- now I'm just "me" with rusty black hair and pretty plain dressing. But I always admire the red and auburn shades whenever I see anyone with them.
Enjoy your special bread! (It is really good -- I've had that from Trader Joe's before!) and an early Happy St. CATrick's Day to you and Artie! :clover::redcat:

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He somehow knew I was home ~~~ or was he just searching the place?
How can you think he doesn't know you're home?
They always know where we are, and when we're out, they feel we are coming back.
They have senses that we couldn't even dream of. In a cat's eyes we must be look deaf, blind and dumb :)

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie, tried to poop today.. very hard stuff; and not much.. so junk food today..
fingers crossed, it is softer later in the day and tomorrow.

Here is the side of my hair color.. same as Artie.. lighter for the Spring..

View attachment 223084
It's beautiful! Natural highlights, too. Artie must be proud to have a matching Meowm. *We have the same chain!* Wishing you both a wonderful evening/night -- come on, Artie, make your mom happy! :poop:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie had a relaxing day, yesterday. I was up early for Mass; he got his stuff early.. and slept. He was not into brushing. It seemed as if he wanted the brushing; but, did not for longer than a couple minutes... he was down off his tree.

He was in his tent for most of the day. I took a nap. Artie left me alone. When I woke up, Artie immediately went over to my bed, to curl up on "Our" Throw.

At 7pm, I had to physically 'release' him from the throw, so he could curl up on MY lap.
I needed and wanted him. It is not a good night, if Artie is not on my lap.. of course,
Artie was so nice and warm, his breath so comforting, that I feel asleep for an hour, while trying to watch a new TV show.

I cannot believe how much I slept, yesterday. I do usually take a nap on Sundays, because I get up so early for Mass. I do not sleep well, so any disturbance in my sleep, makes it very difficult for me to stay up.

Each morning is a 'chase'.. as soon as I get out of bed. A 'chase', before I give him his meds.. Today, was not any different. Up, chasing him at 5:45AM... crazy cat..

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie had a relaxing day, yesterday. I was up early for Mass; he got his stuff early.. and slept. He was not into brushing. It seemed as if he wanted the brushing; but, did not for longer than a couple minutes... he was down off his tree.

He was in his tent for most of the day. I took a nap. Artie left me alone. When I woke up, Artie immediately went over to my bed, to curl up on "Our" Throw.

At 7pm, I had to physically 'release' him from the throw, so he could curl up on MY lap.
I needed and wanted him. It is not a good night, if Artie is not on my lap.. of course,
Artie was so nice and warm, his breath so comforting, that I feel asleep for an hour, while trying to watch a new TV show.

I cannot believe how much I slept, yesterday. I do usually take a nap on Sundays, because I get up so early for Mass. I do not sleep well, so any disturbance in my sleep, makes it very difficult for me to stay up.

Each morning is a 'chase'.. as soon as I get out of bed. A 'chase', before I give him his meds.. Today, was not any different. Up, chasing him at 5:45AM... crazy cat..
We are the same in terms of having our beloved cats close while we (try to) sleep! and I need it to be quiet and dark when I (try to) sleep, too, being an insomniac. But yes, the TV is such a soporific tool for me -- which is ironic, because I can sleep with it blaring! just like I used to when I went to the movies and you know how loud THOSE can be. Definite narcoleptic. I guess it's necessary for us to recharge our batteries like that.
Wishing you both a beautiful day! :cloud9::redcat:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I forgot to mention that Artie did poop yesterday. It was almost 5 inches and very soft. No miralax and none of the Sheba or Nutro, or Purina food.. He got Fancy Feast Classic Turkey today, and FF Classic Ocean White fish yesterday.

He is a silly boy.. He is really reverting to some of his past behaviors: last week, he was jumping into my sink, and tub ~~ then trying to hide under the cover sheet, as I was making my bed. Today, Artie stayed under the cover sheet, for a while. Even got his
Sub-q's in there... silly boy..

Now he is in his tent.

Status
Not open for further replies.