Artie and his Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie vomited a huge fur ball this morning!!! WOW.. Still had undigested dry food from the night.. sigh...

Interesting: For the past 10 days, I have not been good about brushing him, and here he is vomiting up fur.... sigh

He was fine immediately after this... no food yet, but I know he will.

After the fur ball incident; I picked him up, put him on his tree, and recommenced brushing him.. really good this time. I got a brushful of fur.. that is good for him...

He must be shedding his summer coat. He is also washing himself a lot.. weird cat...

Waiting for the sub-q bag to warm up, and him to relax in the sun!

Last edited:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I guess, but he has not eaten all day... that is not all that unusual for him. He is wanting different food.. at least I am feeling that for now.. Artie seems to eat more when the sun starts going down...and during the night..

Although, he gave up waiting for new food... no, no appetite for his food... He will. I know he will.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Artie pooped last night... 9 x 1 inches....

He also had the zoomies at 10:30pm... and I was right behind him, playing 'chase'.. I am so crazy..as bad as he is..
:runningcat::bliss::runaround: I am having SO much fun with the new emojis!

Although, he gave up waiting for new food... no, no appetite for his food... He will. I know he will.
This sounds like a job for...FOOD FAIRY!

00000000000000000000c.jpg

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Well, Artie is sick.. it is so weird how he can turn, so fast.

He is not eating.. only a bit of dry food. Gave him a Cerenia last night. He ate 1/3 can of food. He did not eat during the day yesterday ~~~ only a bit of dry during the evening.

Nothing today..
No poop yesterday.

I gave him a dose of cyproheptadine this morning.. still nothing..

He drank a fair amount of water last night. I saw a lot of specks in it.. I caught him staring at my toilet (cover down) ~~ and then he was looking at me.. He wants the water... then he jumped on the side of the tub, staring at the faucet. I opened it up to a trickle.. he drank a good amount from it.. I am leaving it running for a while.

He is almost meat loafing.. not having any interest in anything.. only a semi-good brushing. I got a lot of fur off of him. I have noticed he has been grooming himself a lot over the past couple days.

He does not seem as if he can get comfortable....sigh..

Because of my own, issues, I missed 2 days of his lactulose doses this week. I know..
I feel horrible, but I made up for it the next day. He did give a great amount of stool on Thursday, but nothing since..

Dreading this... He is not cuddling, but he is constantly following me wherever I go..

Perhaps the cypro is kicking in? He just went over to the kitchen.. I am lying on my bed, hoping that he will jump up here with me, because I have to give him his sub-q's...
I have changed the water, and will do it again.. to make sure it is warm for him...

sigh....

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Seriously, don’t blame yourself for missed dosages. It happens to everyone.

I get so frustrated when one of my kitties is doing poorly. I just want to shake them sometimes and say, if you would just eat and poop everything would be better.

Just give him time. Let him have a down day. He’ll perk back up soon!

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Both of you, hang in there. We know that Artie's medical condition goes in cycles. It is just that with all the GOOD and PRETTY GOOD days he's been having, we've kinda forgotten that there really is a cycle! I'm lighting a candle right now that the wheel turns again, SOON!

000000000000000.jpg

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie Pooped!!! Very early this morning, around 1AM.. a nice 6 x 1 inches!!!

The dose of Cerenia, in the afternoon, really helped him. He ate a ton, once it began working.

Artie is Back!!! Cuddled all night long. I think he had a very bad tummy ache. The Cerenia dose I gave him on Friday did not seem strong enough, or he needed a couple of doses to get back. Anyway, he is eating.. and alert!!

It is a sure sign that when he eats dry food exclusively, it means he has a very badly upset stomach...

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie pooped a bit more, this afternoon: 6 x 1/2 inch.. I feel better.. no additional meds given.

He ate a small bit of wet food this morning, and a 1/2 cup of dry, so far. So Strange that suddenly, he is going for the dry..
I do not care what he eats, as long as he eats, and enough..

He is in his tent. Artie is upset because his room is off limits to him.. The rain, from a week ago, or more, must have come through, soaking the rug in the corner.

I smelt something this week, did not know what it was. Yesterday, I took the entire area apart----moved so many things.. and found the wet carpet. It is pulled back and drying.. I have a small heater, so that is on. My super came up last night.. He will be back tomorrow with some kind of 'machine' ~~ probably a very large heater. They do things so strangely here.
I think I am going to contact the Property Manager about this.. especially while the construction people are here.. I bet they just brush this off, as they usually do.. there is absolutely no sense to them.. and this building.. Thought the water problems were fixed... guess not... they will blame it on the 'bad storm & wind"...

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Artie Pooped!!! Very early this morning, around 1AM.. a nice 6 x 1 inches!!!

The dose of Cerenia, in the afternoon, really helped him. He ate a ton, once it began working.

Artie is Back!!! Cuddled all night long. I think he had a very bad tummy ache. The Cerenia dose I gave him on Friday did not seem strong enough, or he needed a couple of doses to get back. Anyway, he is eating.. and alert!!

It is a sure sign that when he eats dry food exclusively, it means he has a very badly upset stomach...
THAT'S OUR BOY! YOU GO, ARTIE!!!:bunnydance::dance::bunnydance:

He ate a small bit of wet food this morning, and a 1/2 cup of dry, so far. So Strange that suddenly, he is going for the dry..
they will blame it on the 'bad storm & wind"...
Tell them that you know there was a bad storm and wind, that's what roofs are for...KEEPING WATER OUT DURING BAD STORMS AND WIND!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Artie is Back!!! Cuddled all night long.
Fingers crossed, it sounds like Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 candle lighting helped. :crossfingers:

I just realized you changed your avatar, love the new pic of Artie. :redheartpump: Regarding the over-grooming, is it possible the additional grooming has something to do with the time of year and turning on the heat? I realized Carleton has been doing the same thing. I adjusted the humidifier so the air in the house isn't too dry and it seems to help. Just a thought, always trying to brainstorm solutions for Artie. :hugs:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie pooped a bit more, this afternoon: 6 x 1/2 inch.. I feel better.. no additional meds given.

He is in his tent. Artie is upset because his room is off limits to him.. The rain, from a week ago, or more, must have come through, soaking the rug in the corner.

I smelt something this week, did not know what it was. Yesterday, I took the entire area apart----moved so many things.. and found the wet carpet. It is pulled back and drying.. I have a small heater, so that is on. My super came up last night.. He will be back tomorrow with some kind of 'machine' ~~ probably a very large heater. They do things so strangely here.
I think I am going to contact the Property Manager about this.. especially while the construction people are here.. I bet they just brush this off, as they usually do.. there is absolutely no sense to them.. and this building.. Thought the water problems were fixed... guess not... they will blame it on the 'bad storm & wind"...
Your new Artie avatar is so gorgeous! What a handsome profile pic of the man! Glad to hear he is eating again and "doo-ing" his best.
Well, gosh, dwelling places are supposed to protect us from, "bad storm and wind", right? Silly people. Fix it! It's YOUR property, sillies! *sigh*
Wishing you both a good evening/night! :yess::redcat:

Status
Not open for further replies.