Not open for further replies.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
HEY, ARTIE! Look who is here!

00000000000000000a.jpg

It's the POOP FAIRY!!! Now, go "do your things," as it were!

This made me curious.
Why should a manager care about what you have in your home? And why should he inspect your home?
is odd Mamany, what would be dangerous about a box of newspapers? Because they are flammable? Well, what about books and magazines? When I lived in an apartment, we never had inspections.
To answer both of you very quickly, I live in a complex where my rent is subsidized by RD, which is a part of HUD (Department of Housing and Development) that assists low income individuals and families. They require that we have quarterly inspections to check for maintenance issues and to make sure that the apartment is in decent order (no windows blocked, no filth...it isn't a "white glove" thing. I mean, they pay 70% of my rent, so they can certainly come every three months.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 204152

To answer both of you very quickly, I live in a complex where my rent is subsidized by RD, which is a part of HUD (Department of Housing and Development) that assists low income individuals and families. They require that we have quarterly inspections to check for maintenance issues and to make sure that the apartment is in decent order (no windows blocked, no filth...it isn't a "white glove" thing. I mean, they pay 70% of my rent, so they can certainly come every three months.
My grandmother was in HUD housing. I never heard about this -- I guess she just didn't ever mention it in my hearing. Anyway, hope it isn't too invasive or stressful for either of you.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

View attachment 204152

The Poop Fairy Worked!!!
I was not feeling well today. I was very lightheaded driving to and from the dermatologist. Thinking my BP might be a bit low, I grabbed my first muffin and cup of coffee (light, today) so it would raise the BP. I ate it while driving.

Came home, Artie did not eat anything. I immediately went to lie down for a few hours, dozing. When I was getting up, Artie was in the process of coming over to jump on the bed. He had eaten a bit.

While I was closing the drapes, he went into the litter box; thinking it ws for pee, I let him go... then I smelt, POOPS!!! OMG, he pooped without me...Good boy..
9 x 1 inches...

He did give him a bit of a scare. I was in the kitchen, thought I heard him cry out, a couple of times...
I went into his room, he was behind the massively, heavy, old dresser, retching....
OMG!! I am never going to clean that up... one of my nightmares..

I had to take the 'grippers', reaching in from both sides, while he was dry heaving, to get him out of there..

Finally, I got him out. He ran under the table, and stopped retching!!! I honestly do not know what caused it..

He is late for his midday meds, due to me, him eating, and the dry heaves.

He is waiting for food now....crazy cat!!

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Three cheers for the gigantic poop. :clap: Unfortunately I'm sorry to hear about Artie retching behind the heavy piece of furniture. :barf: I can just picture it. Can you ask a maintenance person to help move it for you so that you can have access to clean it up?

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Three cheers for the gigantic poop. :clap: Unfortunately I'm sorry to hear about Artie retching behind the heavy piece of furniture. :barf: I can just picture it. Can you ask a maintenance person to help move it for you so that you can have access to clean it up?
Oh, Artie did not vomit; it was just dry heaving... I think I scared him enough to stop vomiting!! Since then, he has been given some meds, and licked a bit of food.
He is ok...

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Artie did not vomit; it was just dry heaving... I think I scared him enough to stop vomiting!! Since then, he has been given some meds, and licked a bit of food.
He is ok...
Phew, you scared me. :eek2: Glad it wasn't vomiting but sorry your sweet boy was uncomfortable with dry heaves. Thanks for the positive update about getting his meds and a bit of food.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is ok...
That happens with cats sometimes, for some unknown reason. Tarifa does this occasionally, usually when I'm still in bed and when I get up to check, she hasn't brought anything up. I brush her regularly and she's a shorthaired cat, so IDK what it's all about. She eats only top quality food and I'm very careful about keeping things she shouldn't eat off limits. I guess it's just "a cat thing -- we wouldn't understand." ;):redcat:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Finally, I got him out. He ran under the table, and stopped retching!!! I honestly do not know what caused it..
Well, it's the Little Hairball Season. Not so bad as Spring, when they start shedding out their winter coats, but still...

I'm just happy that he's eating and pooping! Apparently the Poop Fairy is a good bit more real than most!

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Three cheers for the gigantic poop. :clap:
Apparently the Poop Fairy is a good bit more real than most!
Did you see we have a poop emoji now? :poop: Between the Poop Fairy and her side-kick, the Poop Banana, we should have Artie covered! :yess:

Well, it's the Little Hairball Season.
Oh boy! An excuse to use this:

YellowCatHairBall.gif

That happens with cats sometimes, for some unknown reason. Tarifa does this occasionally, usually when I'm still in bed and when I get up to check, she hasn't brought anything up.
The other night, Paul suddenly rose up from his place on the bed, jumped to the floor and began retching. I waited for a disgusting black hairy object to appear on the carpet but one never did. He's never done that before and I have no idea what prompted it. :dunno:

I hope Artie is feeling well today. :vibes::crossfingers::redheartpump::hugs::vibes::crossfingers::redheartpump::hugs::vibes::crossfingers::redheartpump::hugs: :lovecat2:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did you see we have a poop emoji now? :poop: Between the Poop Fairy and her side-kick, the Poop Banana, we should have Artie covered! :yess:

Oh boy! An excuse to use this:

View attachment 204311

The other night, Paul suddenly rose up from his place on the bed, jumped to the floor and began retching. I waited for a disgusting black hairy object to appear on the carpet but one never did. He's never done that before and I have no idea what prompted it. :dunno:

I hope Artie is feeling well today. :vibes::crossfingers::redheartpump::hugs::vibes::crossfingers::redheartpump::hugs::vibes::crossfingers::redheartpump::hugs: :lovecat2:
I've never seen that GIF except for my files and where I got it. Love seeing it now!:insertevillaugh:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I have to check out the new emoji's. I just noticed there are some new ones. The poop ones have to be for Artie!!! :insertevillaugh: :poop::gingercat2:

Thanks for the info on Little Hairball Season.. That is exactly what Artie is doing.. He did it again this morning.. seems to be first thing in the morning, right after giving him the pepcid and the cisapride..

No poops yet...

Artie kind of scared me this afternoon. I had going out, leaving him sunning on his cat tree. I arrived home, no Artie.. Not in his tent, not on top of the quilt, not on the other chair, not in either cat tree, not on my bed, not under the bed, not behind or under furniture. I could not find him!! I checked the closets, twice.. even his letterbox..

If I did not see that his food was eaten, while I was out, I would have sworn he ran out of the apartment. I could not find him at all. Even looked behind the drapes for him, in-between some furniture and plastic containers.. nowhere to be found.

I finally gave up.. I knew he had to be in here.
I was on the phone for 5 minutes.. guess who came out!! Yup, Artie.. I still do not know where he was.. I looked everywhere for him..

Wish cats came when you called them...:gaah:

That is it for today.. now to fight with the lactulose!! :redtongue:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have to check out the new emoji's. I just noticed there are some new ones. The poop ones have to be for Artie!!! :insertevillaugh: :poop::gingercat2:

Thanks for the info on Little Hairball Season.. That is exactly what Artie is doing.. He did it again this morning.. seems to be first thing in the morning, right after giving him the pepcid and the cisapride..

No poops yet...

Artie kind of scared me this afternoon. I had going out, leaving him sunning on his cat tree. I arrived home, no Artie.. Not in his tent, not on top of the quilt, not on the other chair, not in either cat tree, not on my bed, not under the bed, not behind or under furniture. I could not find him!! I checked the closets, twice.. even his letterbox..

If I did not see that his food was eaten, while I was out, I would have sworn he ran out of the apartment. I could not find him at all. Even looked behind the drapes for him, in-between some furniture and plastic containers.. nowhere to be found.

I finally gave up.. I knew he had to be in here.
I was on the phone for 5 minutes.. guess who came out!! Yup, Artie.. I still do not know where he was.. I looked everywhere for him..

Wish cats came when you called them...:gaah:

That is it for today.. now to fight with the lactulose!! :redtongue:
That's happened in my life, too, with several cats. Tarifa was notorious for this until I discovered her hiding place -- in my dad's Barcalounger, where she crawls in the back under the seat and curls up. Now that I know, of course, it's the first place I look when I can't find her, and almost 100% of the time, that's where she is. :chessirecat:

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:devilcat2:
That is terrifying! I looked frantically for Hekitty for four hours one day, just certain that she had slipped out. I was sitting in my chair, crying hysterically, when she sauntered into the room. I have no clue where she was! She makes me :dizzycat:on a regular basis!
It probably takes years off our lives. Ungrateful beasts. :insertevillaugh:

Last edited:

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
That is terrifying! I looked frantically for Hekitty for four hours one day, just certain that she had slipped out. I was sitting in my chair, crying hysterically, when she sauntered into the room. I have no clue where she was! She makes me :dizzycat:on a regular basis!
......It's in their job description............

Status
Not open for further replies.