Status
Not open for further replies.

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie Update:
The MAN is not in my good graces..:angrywoman:

He is back to his: "I want different food" ploy.. yup, refusing the wet food and going for the dry. :yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling:

Yesterday, since he did not eat all day, he got a tummy ache. I could tell. I gave him some Cypro, first, to see if that would cause him to eat a bit.. not really, so I gave him a Cerenia.

I did not give the Cerenia first, because I know his 'act'..

Once both meds kicked in, he was eating.

Today, he began by refusing both foods!!! :argh:
Then, he got so hungry, he had to break down and eat some of the dry...:headshake::headshake::headshake:
Artie is using the wet food as a wet intake, instead of water.. so just a tiny bit is eaten:mad2:

He pooped well yesterday.. 8 inches, thinner; and another 10 inches thinner, today..

Artie is still terrible when it comes to Lactulose :argh:

He has been in his tent all afternoon! except coming out a couple of times for the dry food...just a bit of a nibble.. :argue:

Artie did this last week also. Very strange. We do not have any construction noise to blame it on. :mad: Wonder what is his issue?? :bat:

I wish the NVet's secretary would come back to work. She is awesome. I miss here. She took an emergency leave due to an emergency family issue. We could kind of brainstorm things, and she would run it by NVet. Now I am resorting to a general e-mail..or a message which is given to NVet.. so it is a completely new experience. I am so glad I am stocked with Artie's meds and have an grasp of how to use them. And when to notify NVet with any issues.

Oh, Artie is still cuddling during the night.. I wonder if it is because my bedroom is warmer than the other areas?? or if he just wants to cuddle. He has a couple of warm, soft, spots to sleep in; which he does during the day. He was on my pillow this morning.. and a couple other mornings.

Have to wash his/our soft fleece throw tomorrow.. saw a couple of 'spots' on it..whatever.. it is just a part of having and loving Artie.. it comes with the territory.

That is it for now..:hellocomputer:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I just email N Vet directly with non-urgent questions and concerns. He typically responds back within a day.

Artie, be a good boy and take your medicines, eat your food, and poop!
Thanks, I really do like Jen. I hope she is doing ok, whatever happened.
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

On to Artie ~~~ Brat!! :angrywoman:

He kept me up all night long, with his 'exploring'. :bat:

Got into bed, 10 minutes later, I heard plastic crashing.. Yup, he decided to jump n top of the refrigerator. :argh: I do not want him up there, because he ends up on top of the cabinets, in the corner..:nono:. Who know what kind of junk is up there. It is very difficult for me to clean it. Sometimes, he is even afraid of jumping back down. I have to get the step stool, to physically take him down from the top of the refrigerator.... Just like a cat up a tree; except there is no Fireman in here to help him down..:disturbed: I keep a lot of plastic containers on top of the refrigerator, so I can hear him, and he gets a bit scared of the noise.

A bit later, I heard him on top of the bathroom vanity, throwing something down.. :fuming:
Turned out, that was a closed container of Q-tips which I am using to clean the surgical areas of my mouth...:cold: Artie dumped it in the trash barrel....:eviltongue:

Then, I heard him rustling around on the top of the dining room table..:argh:

Then, he decided to visit me in bed; however, his visit was on the top of my pillow...
Artie was lying on the top of my HEAD!!!!:livid:
Where did he get that from??? I turned, He ended up on the pillow, where he stayed most of the night. I could not turn... :censored:

When the alarm went off, Artie was on the opposite pillow... :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Not only does he take over the center of the bed, but now, it is the pillows also...
Where the heck am I supposed to sleep?????

He did eat about 1/3 can of food last night...still not enough.. he nibbled a bit early this morning for breakfast... no poops today.. He has to go...

He is definitely one unique cat :agree:

sub-q's now...

dustydiamond1

Minion to Gypsy since October 2016
Top Cat
Purraise
Artie Update:
The MAN is not in my good graces..:angrywoman:

He is back to his: "I want different food" ploy.. yup, refusing the wet food and going for the dry. :yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling::yelling:

Yesterday, since he did not eat all day, he got a tummy ache. I could tell. I gave him some Cypro, first, to see if that would cause him to eat a bit.. not really, so I gave him a Cerenia.

I did not give the Cerenia first, because I know his 'act'..

Once both meds kicked in, he was eating.

Today, he began by refusing both foods!!! :argh:
Then, he got so hungry, he had to break down and eat some of the dry...:headshake::headshake::headshake:
Artie is using the wet food as a wet intake, instead of water.. so just a tiny bit is eaten:mad2:

He pooped well yesterday.. 8 inches, thinner; and another 10 inches thinner, today..

Artie is still terrible when it comes to Lactulose :argh:

He has been in his tent all afternoon! except coming out a couple of times for the dry food...just a bit of a nibble.. :argue:

Artie did this last week also. Very strange. We do not have any construction noise to blame it on. :mad: Wonder what is his issue?? :bat:

I wish the NVet's secretary would come back to work. She is awesome. I miss here. She took an emergency leave due to an emergency family issue. We could kind of brainstorm things, and she would run it by NVet. Now I am resorting to a general e-mail..or a message which is given to NVet.. so it is a completely new experience. I am so glad I am stocked with Artie's meds and have an grasp of how to use them. And when to notify NVet with any issues.

Oh, Artie is still cuddling during the night.. I wonder if it is because my bedroom is warmer than the other areas?? or if he just wants to cuddle. He has a couple of warm, soft, spots to sleep in; which he does during the day. He was on my pillow this morning.. and a couple other mornings.

Have to wash his/our soft fleece throw tomorrow.. saw a couple of 'spots' on it..whatever.. it is just a part of having and loving Artie.. it comes with the territory.

That is it for now..:hellocomputer:
:wave3: :itslove: :grouphug: :grouphug2: :hearthrob::redheartpump:

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise

Got into bed, 10 minutes later, I heard plastic crashing.. Yup, he decided to jump n top of the refrigerator. :argh: I do not want him up there, because he ends up on top of the cabinets, in the corner..:nono:. Who know what kind of junk is up there. It is very difficult for me to clean it. Sometimes, he is even afraid of jumping back down. I have to get the step stool, to physically take him down from the top of the refrigerator.... Just like a cat up a tree; except there is no Fireman in here to help him down..:disturbed: I keep a lot of plastic containers on top of the refrigerator, so I can hear him, and he gets a bit scared of the noise.

A bit later, I heard him on top of the bathroom vanity, throwing something down.. :fuming:
Turned out, that was a closed container of Q-tips which I am using to clean the surgical areas of my mouth...:cold: Artie dumped it in the trash barrel....:eviltongue:

Then, he decided to visit me in bed; however, his visit was on the top of my pillow...
Where did he get that from??? I turned, He ended up on the pillow, where he stayed most of the night. I could not turn... :censored:

When the alarm went off, Artie was on the opposite pillow... :frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated::frustrated:

Not only does he take over the center of the bed, but now, it is the pillows also...

He did eat about 1/3 can of food last night...still not enough.. he nibbled a bit early this morning for breakfast... no poops today.. He has to go...

sub-q's now...
He sure is testing your patience, bad boy. How is your mouth doing? Are you eating ok?:vibes::vibes::vibes:

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
It’s the time for tricky cats.

Charlie spent this morning “helping” me feed the dog.

Hariette sat on my face this morning while I was sleeping.

I think it’s the weather. It makes them feel frisky.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

sub-q's now...
Sounds like Artie's full of beans! Maybe it's the change of seasons AND the construction AND your dental work all rolled into one? I hope you were able to retrieve and clean the Q-tip jar with no problems, and that you are doing okay with keeping the sites clean, eating (drinking), etc. It's a major thing to deal with, but in a small time it will all be behind you and you'll be feeling so much better! That's the way it was for me, anyway.
Maybe Artie is just trying to help, trying to keep you entertained and distracted from all of that. You think? ;):lovecat2:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I am doing pretty good. I still have a bit of swelling. The area where I had the grafts and covering membrane feels really supportive & strong. Lots of stitches. Will have them for another week. Not having any pain. Last time I took a tylenol was on Thursday.
I am very tired. I thought I would have bounced back with more energy, but I haven't.
The area in front just feels like stitches, when I crunch up my lip.

Artie's Antics do not help either. I love him, I love his cuddling in bed, but a night without him would be nice, as long as he is healthy~~ an uninterrupted sleep, with my normal tossing and turning, without being encumbered in a straight jacket.

I am still on mush food. Not allowed to chew on that side at all. It is a challenge to eat because the last 2 molars on each side are now missing. Eating a lot of yogurt, some ice cream, some pudding and egg salad. Trying to keep with the protein. I do not feel like cooking.

Just cooked half a boneless, skinless chicken breast in some tomato sauce. The other half I poached in a large container of chicken broth. I am going to have a mug of the broth as soon as it cools down.

I am taking my usual vitamins.

Artie ate ok this morning.. nothing since then. He needs his daily poop.. He is sleeping in his tent. It is a cloudy, yucky day~~ good sleeping day.

He was so-so with the lactulose dose. I have to give him a bit more because he spits out so much of it. I am now closing both bedroom doors before I give it to him.. he cannot hide from me.. sometimes it is still a chase ~~ under the table, behind the chair,
his litter box.

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Another new one for the Artie Antics:
I was putting some food in the refrigerator. I had the door open.. next thing I know,
Artie was INSIDE the refrigerator!!!

I had to raise my voice to get him down; I had food in my hands..

OMG!! This Cat!!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a crazy cat, your Artie is. Must be going through his 2nd kittenhood. At least you know he's feeling pretty good when he's up to his mischief. :lovecat2:

Glad to hear, also, that your mouth is healing. No wonder you're feeling tired though. Just the healing alone is exhausting. Not to mention not being able to eat real food. Maybe that's why Artie was exploring inside the fridge. He was trying to find his mommy something to eat that she didn't need a straw or a spoon. :catrub:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
Artie seems to go through all of his 'antic', mostly on Saturday nights, and during the day on Sundays. He knows I get up very early to attend the first Sunday morning Mass at Church. For some reason, he does not want me to sleep??

Today he is making up for his brattiness.. it is a drizzly, dark day, so he is hiding, sleeping in his tent. He is not even waiting for me to brush him. I think, if I really pushed it, he would run out and onto his cat tree for a quick brushing and then go back..

Yes, have to cut back on the lactulose. Found a couple of spots on another pillowcase.. washing them and his/our fleece throw right now.

Looking around, for one cat, I have a cat sanctuary in here!! toys, scratching posts, cardboard scratching pad in my room, tents, cat trees, a bathroom for just one cat!!
This is really embarrassing. I also have the pet throws over one chair, and on the sofa.. I do not know why, because the sofa is old! and of course, puppy pads!!!
All for one spoiled cat... man.. did I go overboard... Artie dominates my world!!

Antonio65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Looking around, for one cat, I have a cat sanctuary in here!! toys, scratching posts, cardboard scratching pad in my room, tents, cat trees, a bathroom for just one cat!!
This is really embarrassing. I also have the pet throws over one chair, and on the sofa.. I do not know why, because the sofa is old! and of course, puppy pads!!!
All for one spoiled cat... man.. did I go overboard... Artie dominates my world!!
What do people who come to your house think or say when they see the sanctuary? :p
I can only imagine some caustic comments :lol:

artiemom

Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have many visitors..When I do, I get a bit embarrassed, and laugh it off..
and blush. I purchased 99% of this when I was working, and could afford it. I wanted Artie to be entertained while I was out of the house, as I was gone over 10 hours per day.

It is a large apartment also...it needed to be filled up, and feel 'lived' in... I am not into the 'perfect' home.. I like things, to be comfortable..and it suits us...

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A friend of mine bought me a limited addition plate last year for my birthday. It has several charactures of cats creating mayhem and on it is written...
'What is a home without a cat.
It's just a house and who wants that'. My sentiment too.

dustydiamond1

Top Cat
Purraise
I do not have many visitors..When I do, I get a bit embarrassed, and laugh it off..
and blush. I purchased 99% of this when I was working, and could afford it. I wanted Artie to be entertained while I was out of the house, as I was gone over 10 hours per day.

It is a large apartment also...it needed to be filled up, and feel 'lived' in... I am not into the 'perfect' home.. I like things, to be comfortable..and it suits us...
:clap:Good for you! Our home is a hodgepodge cat comfort abode too:clap2:

Status
Not open for further replies.